Dating A Client...

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
I'm weighing out the pros & cons of dating a client...

What are your opinions?

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey bro.....what's up.

Most relationships start at work. It happens....I say, just do it... (you're a gentleman so you'll be alright if it doesn't work out)

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
as a trainer? could get in trouble with conflict of interest bull**** if you dont own the gym or business. id say just date her and train for free as a friend

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Hey bro.....what's up.

Most relationships start at work. It happens....I say, just do it... (you're a gentleman so you'll be alright if it doesn't work out)
What's up man?
I'll be alright if it doesn't work out, but will she? That's the type of **** I'm taking into account because we have a great professional relationship we have built, with results we have achieved together... I wouldn't want to hinder her results...

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
as a trainer? could get in trouble with conflict of interest bull**** if you dont own the gym or business. id say just date her and train for free as a friend
I like where your heads at... I was thinking the same thing...

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Touey

Touey

Awards
A client of mine told me she thought she loved me. I ceased training her immediately.
:toofunny: every one love the bdcc

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Appreciate the feedback... If or when the day comes that my professional services are no longer needed, I will assess the situation between us & act accordingly...

Reputation is important to me, so I'm going to be keeping it professional...

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
If it turns badly could hurt your reputation.
Big time! nothing is bad when things are going good but like they say hell hath no wrath like a woman’s furry!

MrsMincey

MrsMincey

Awards
I think depends on what you want out of it. Is it only a physical connection? I married my trainer. 2 kids and 7 years later we couldn't be happier. Never say never! Good luck :)

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These ^.

A client of mine told me she thought she loved me. I ceased training her immediately.

If you value your reputation, you won't do it. :)
Bdcc.... I think I love you.... For free alphamine!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I won't do it, but god damn I want to!

Go with your gut, don't let people tell you what to do. If you really like her - and you feel like she's completely sane (most important part), then date her.

I don't know who's ethics dictate that you shouldn't date people from work. It has nothing to do with ethics. People meet in the workplace constantly since it's where we spend most of our time. It's not like you're a teacher dating a much younger vulnerable student. It's very different.

I've dated a few girls from work. Most of the time it's been fine, even after breakups. The only part that's really tough is moving on, if they are always around. We were constantly hooking up after and it made it super hard to move on to someone else.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Go with your gut, don't let people tell you what to do. If you really like her - and you feel like she's completely sane (most important part), then date her.

I don't know who's ethics dictate that you shouldn't date people from work. It has nothing to do with ethics. People meet in the workplace constantly since it's where we spend most of our time. It's not like you're a teacher dating a much younger vulnerable student. It's very different.

I've dated a few girls from work. Most of the time it's been fine, even after breakups. The only part that's really tough is moving on, if they are always around. We were constantly hooking up after and it made it super hard to move on to someone else.
In the end, I'll do what I feel like doing... Sometimes it's a good idea to get outside opinions on things you are so close to... If it gets to a point where I just can't help myself, I'll go for it... It would be ideal if for some reason she had to cease training with me...

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
I think depends on what you want out of it. Is it only a physical connection? I married my trainer. 2 kids and 7 years later we couldn't be happier. Never say never! Good luck :)
How did you end up dating? If you don't mind saying, or just PM me...

MrsMincey

MrsMincey

Awards
We trained for two years. He had a girlfriend and I respected that. We became friends training twice a week. His relationship was not good and I was someone he felt he could vent to. His relationship eventually ended. He would come by my house on Fridays and I would pay him. We eventually gave in and started dating. I was the first client he had ever dated. We did not tell anyone for quite awhile for obvious professional reasons.. Hope that helps!

MrsMincey

MrsMincey

Awards
One more thing. Be sure she is a trusting person. It takes a special and confident girl to date a guy that works with beautiful women all day. Otherwise it will never work.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
We trained for two years. He had a girlfriend and I respected that. We became friends training twice a week. His relationship was not good and I was someone he felt he could vent to. His relationship eventually ended. He would come by my house on Fridays and I would pay him. We eventually gave in and started dating. I was the first client he had ever dated. We did not tell anyone for quite awhile for obvious professional reasons.. Hope that helps!
You can get pretty close & personal with clients over time... Like Gutterpump said, it's not really a student/teacher type of situation... Just have to be 100% sure of what the signs are to avoid any awkward misunderstandings...

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
One more thing. Be sure she is a trusting person. It takes a special and confident girl to date a guy that works with beautiful women all day. Otherwise it will never work.
I wouldn't go for any other type... I don't deal with insecure people very well...