TO: BOBO RE: PM DISABLING DURATION

1. Gold Member
    Answers

TO: BOBO RE: PM DISABLING DURATION

In your post explaining that and why PMs are disabled, you used the wording...

"For now..."

Does this mean that perhaps after the frenzied selling and attempting selling that has gone on lately you may reconsider reinstating them? Perhaps you could assign a moderator position to someone who could be responsible for receiving forwarded junk messages like those and then subsequently warning or deleting that person's posts and banning them.

I don't know how this board system works, but it would be cool if you could make it where you could determine who could use PMs or not. Either individually or via assigning a minimum number of posts and/or time on the board needed in order to use that feature.

Anyway, I think most of us who know anything about boards, etc and what you are trying to accomplish with AM know, and completely understand, what you have done here. We don't necessarily like not having that feature, but we appreciate you keeping the law and order with the board.

Peace.

2. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shootmeagain

Does this mean that perhaps after the frenzied selling and attempting selling that has gone on lately you may reconsider reinstating them? Perhaps you could assign a moderator position to someone who could be responsible for receiving forwarded junk messages like those and then subsequently warning or deleting that person's posts and banning them.

I don't know how this board system works, but it would be cool if you could make it where you could determine who could use PMs or not. Either individually or via assigning a minimum number of posts and/or time on the board needed in order to use that feature.

Maybe.

MODS have enough work to do. I'm sure none of them want to sift through that type of stuff.

I could easily assign who gets PM's after going through 11,000+ members.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    I could easily assign who gets PM's after going through 11,000+ members.
    sarcasm much?
    •   

4. Gold Member
    Answers

Yeah, yeah... the sarcasm is clearly felt bro, and I understand completely. Notice though that what I meant was another person (besides a current moderator) could be assigned just for some purpose like that. A moderator, not of a forum, but of PMs.

And 11,000+ members, sure. But that's all the people who have signed up on the board since its inception. How many actually post? Or even have been to the board in say the last 30 days? I bet that number is a lot smaller.

Anyway, for a clown, you aren't too jolly. You must be one of those scary clowns.

Sorry that you have to put up with crap like people mis-using your board. I have enjoyed learning and sharing info with others here since I joined. I appreciate the work done to keep AM going.

Peace.
  5. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

The number of active members is very high on this board. I get over 900 users per day and they are not the same. Compared to most board the numbers of active users to actual members is VERY high.

You want me to assign someone I don't know and someone that isn't a mod to determine who gets PM's and who is legit? I don't think so.

But the overall answer is no, it can't and won't be done.

Whats done is done and it really doesn't need to be discussed anymore. THe decision isn't gong to change.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How do I get a message to Bobo?
    By blown_stang in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 11:23 AM
  2. To Bobo
    By drewmofpo in forum Training Forum
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 11:22 AM
  3. To Bobo--I was not allowed to send a PM, so...
    By chipdouglas in forum Supplements
    Last Post: 05-15-2005, 02:42 PM
  4. Any one know what i need to do to get a PM
    By Dr. Death in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 07:07 AM
  5. Kudos to Bobo
    By stryder in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 08:53 PM