tummy tuck ;)

Meerschaum

Awards
I'm going to be shopping around for a doc to get a tummy tuck pretty soon, I used to be a real obese guy, and I lost over 110lbs, so I've got alot of excess skin in my stomach, going to get to get it sliced off, wondering if anyone here has gone through this? a severe loss of weight and gotten this done, how was recovery from it? etc?

unfknblvbl89

Board Supporter
Awards
I've never been through it, but I do want to commend you on your weight loss. Congratulations!!!

Meerschaum

Awards
I've never been through it, but I do want to commend you on your weight loss. Congratulations!!!
Well thanks for the congrats, took me about a years time to do it, I'm about 5lbs away from being able to bulk :p .... but I'm gonna get this crap chopped off, its a bad side effect of morbid obesity, but no biggie really, I've been assured the surgery is pretty simple and painless, and the costs arent that bad. I'd just like to meet some people who had it done.

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I hear you man I lost 116 pounds back when I was 17. I still have loose skin on my chest abs and arms however it has gotten a lot better over the years

Meerschaum

Awards
I hear you man I lost 116 pounds back when I was 17. I still have loose skin on my chest abs and arms however it has gotten a lot better over the years
I hear on that, I've been told it does decrease alot with age, but at the same time it depends on alot of things including genetics, I'm not counting on that, some people say I'm vain/idiot for getting surgery, screw'em, most never where or ARE overweight, if you can afford it man, go for it. I found a surgeon that'll combo chest-lypo+skin removal, with tummy tuck for 8K, thats reasonable to me, and I'm going for it, vanity or not.

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I hear on that, I've been told it does decrease alot with age, but at the same time it depends on alot of things including genetics, I'm not counting on that, some people say I'm vain/idiot for getting surgery, screw'em, most never where or ARE overweight, if you can afford it man, go for it. I found a surgeon that'll combo chest-lypo+skin removal, with tummy tuck for 8K, thats reasonable to me, and I'm going for it, vanity or not.
yeah I am trying to wait and see if the military will pay for it. People give me strange looks when I tell them I want it done. I just say well I have dedicated the last 4 years of my life to bb and I want to compete in the next 6 years and I am not goign to let this one thing hold me back from achieving my goals I tell them its not about looking good its about achieving my goals.

BTW I am now 244 at about 15%bf which 3.5 years ago I was 190 @ 13%bf. Waist went from 49.5' to 35" so I got a lot to deal with. Just keep your head up and don't give up just because its hatrder for you to see your gains through your skin

Meerschaum

Awards
yeah I am trying to wait and see if the military will pay for it. People give me strange looks when I tell them I want it done. I just say well I have dedicated the last 4 years of my life to bb and I want to compete in the next 6 years and I am not goign to let this one thing hold me back from achieving my goals I tell them its not about looking good its about achieving my goals.

BTW I am now 244 at about 15%bf which 3.5 years ago I was 190 @ 13%bf. Waist went from 49.5' to 35" so I got a lot to deal with. Just keep your head up and don't give up just because its hatrder for you to see your gains through your skin
yeah I'm about 226@14% right now (I'm 6'3" btw), I see it pretty much the same way, you might investigate some surgeons in costa rica, very reputable (some) and good prices there. For me its sort of like, why stop? I worked for 2 years on losing weight and straightening myself out, I dont want to just linger where I am now, I'm going to get this surgery and then its a matter of just bulking somewhat to be where I want, my goal is not 'mass monster' so much as it is 'okay looking body'.

builtolast

Awards
This is an interesting discussion. I am also (sorta) in the market to get this done too, but I'm a little bit of a different case. I just turned 18. I lost about 65-70 lbs. in middle school and have a good bit of excess skin left. It's not that horribly bad, but I'm also looking into BB competition, but this is holding me back indefinitely. Are there any good sites on the different costs, different surgeouns, procedures, etc.? Also, do you think im too young to have this done? I don't see why I would be, but j/c.
Also, does the surgery's cost depend on how severe the loose skin is? (less excess skin=less money outta my pocket??) thanks!

Meerschaum

Awards
This is an interesting discussion. I am also (sorta) in the market to get this done too, but I'm a little bit of a different case. I just turned 18. I lost about 65-70 lbs. in middle school and have a good bit of excess skin left. It's not that horribly bad, but I'm also looking into BB competition, but this is holding me back indefinitely. Are there any good sites on the different costs, different surgeouns, procedures, etc.? Also, do you think im too young to have this done? I don't see why I would be, but j/c.
Also, does the surgery's cost depend on how severe the loose skin is? (less excess skin=less money outta my pocket??) thanks!
I dont think 18 is too young, from my research tummy tucks cost between 3800-5000 depending on alot of things but mainly depending on what surgeon you to, his credentials, etc... severity CAN matter but generally dosent, because its the same procedure if they remove 2 inches, or 4 inches, you know?... the pec lypo/skin removal its the same cost as for gyno, in fact its nearly the same procedure and alot of people who get gyno removed opt for lypo, it costs anywhere from 3000 to 5000.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
I have looked into this myself..........Really i have been the yo yo dieter over the yrs luckly for me, my skin went back...although i will tell you when i gain it goes all to my stomach, esp being on prednosone........:(

I went to a Dr who wanted to do a abdominal plastic, .............( they slice off the extra skin as its like an elastic and has no more bounce , how it was described to me) sometimes the skin will go back but very rarely will it.........All this for the asking price of 11K......... so 8 is great!!!!!

And CONGRADS :) good work and keep it up...never get discouraged and keep working for it......

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
All i can say is OUCH! I watch those videos on TV man those doctors are rough. Remeber you get what you pay for!

Meerschaum

Awards
All i can say is OUCH! I watch those videos on TV man those doctors are rough. Remeber you get what you pay for!
very VERY true, you really have to research whoever you get to do it, and SEE the results from previous clients, I wouldnt do it any other way, there are degenerates with knives out there playing soap maker with peoples asses all over the place.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Props to all you guys for losing the weight! I don't know how comparable his prices are but Dr. Bruce Nadler is a plastic surgeon who is sensitive to the needs of bodybuilders(he's one himself). He has a column in Muscular Developement and is sposed to be one of the best. He may even be able to suggest a doc in your area (he's in jersey) that deals with bb'rs. There is alot of difference from surgeon to surgeon so finding one who won't hack you up, and that knows how to minimze scarring can be priceless. Good luck!

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Another tip- my wife works in skin care, and has dealt with women who have gone thru gastro surgery a number of times. She recommends applying moisturizer religiously to your skin to help keep its elasticity as the weight comes off and after. The more pliable and healthy the skin is, the better the results and chances of the skin regaining it's form when the weight comes off or after a surgical procedure.

darrenstud

Awards
I used to weigh 112 kilograms and had 39.5% bodyfat. Im not going to blame that on bad genes or poor eating habits.
Just circumstance.

Two years down the track (and thanks to a lotta trips to the gym n cardio@home) i now weigh 82 kilos and have 19.5% bodyfat. Also LOTS OF THANKS to this guy who really motivated me to change... I dunno if he's reading this but - HEY THANKS BUDDY...REALLY. I couldnt have done it without ya mate. You know who you are aye ;)

OK getting back to the topic...yeah I also have a lotta loose sagging skin and have always wanted to at least consult someone about it... The doc said it was "okay" and it would "shrink back verrry slowly...with the right skin care etc" but heaven knows how thats gonna happen. I keep telling myself that if I lose just a little bit more maybe it wont show and would look better. I'm beginning to think im absollutely bullsh*tting myself. One of these days I'm gonna consider this seriously.

Yeah any motivation/advice would help heaps.

Darren.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Darren dont give up :) really....keep trying and remember one day at a time......

HeIsLegend

Awards
yeah interesting topic i was overweight all my life until my roomate got me into working out and eating better i thank him all the time but i lost like 80 pounds and alot of fat and the skin is loose around my stomach area been thinking about this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 2
haleypink Weight Loss 17
Cycle Logs 2
Training Forum 5
not_big_enuf General Chat 6