Supplement store employees

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Anyone else encounter near brain-dead employees in these stores on a regular basis?

Got a story to share?

I assume it would be ill mannered or against a rule to list which store in particular

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Went into a local shop here that advertised carrying USP products, had 1 lol. Was hoping to get some super cissus as I ran out and shipping is slow to me.

Anyways this chick didn't know what cissus was or did.
After staring down every shelf there she finds a Primaforce cissus and then proceeds to explain to me that it is better than the USP brand (which she clearly has no knowledge of) because on the back it says high percent extract.

I look, it is 1000 mg per dose.
I tell her USP is 1600 per dose.

She tries to say it is still better.

I buy it for lack of other options and leave

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Why would I waste time and money shopping retail for supplements?.
Agreed. Today was my first time since finding nutraplanet. Prices are absurd. Shipping to me takes 2 weeks+ though and cissus is something I don't like being without anymore

Estevato58

Estevato58

Awards
I've been to two local supp shops and had the dudes try to sell me ph's with OTC pct. when I asked them about serms and what not, they assured me that OTC would be fine. In one case it was epistane, in another it was a tren and 6-chloro something mix. I told them straight up that I read up on anabolics on the regular and they were wrong, plus they were asking like $80 a btl!! Ridiculous stuff man. And I hat when they try to steer me away from the supps I want to get me to buy their store brand crap! It's annoying! But since I've found NutraPlanet, I hardly ever go to the stores anymore...

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
I dig the localized supp store near me. Dude who runs it is knowledgeable about not only the products but the raw ingredients inside them.

I had similar experiences your describing at the "big box" supplement store tho. Honestly, whenever I go into any supplement store regardless, I just keep my mouth shut and make a decision in my mind, otherwise you sound like a jerkoff...

Estevato58

Estevato58

Awards
Lol, if I go now its cuz I need something ASAP and don't wanna wait, so I run in and but it before they can try to sell me something I don't want... The other thing I notice though is that pretty much all if the stores here where I live don't carry the smaller companies stuff, like alphamine, erase pro, ect... That blows...

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
theres one max muscle near me thhats ran by a big black dude. hes actually hella cool and will straight up tell you that mas gainers are a waste, even though theyre on the shelf. he uses the honest aproach and sell them by saying exactly what they are - calorie dense drinks for people on the go

but then you got that huge chain that everyone knows about. usually hires either fat chicks or skinny phagots that dont know a single thing about exercise or supplements. go in and ask for dextrose. then laugh at the blank stare you get

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed. Today was my first time since finding nutraplanet. Prices are absurd. Shipping to me takes 2 weeks+ though and cissus is something I don't like being without anymore
Why 2 weeks plus?. That's strange. Are you not in the U.S.A.?. If you paid extra for fast shipping you would probably be spending almost as much or just as much as shopping retail. The difference is you will have much much much better selection and awesome customer service from people that know a thing or two about what they are selling. It's just not worth it to shop retail.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
In Canada. And fast shipping is average $50 for me here, even then its over a week

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In Canada. And fast shipping is average $50 for me here, even then its over a week

That's too bad, maybe find a Canadian based e-tailer?. Or just wait for Nutraplanet. I'd think the wait would be worth it over the hassle of shopping retail and not always finding what you want, paying extra, and dealing with store employees trying to sell you products you don't want.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
That's too bad, maybe find a Canadian based e-tailer?. Or just wait for Nutraplanet. I'd think the wait would be worth it over the hassle of shopping retail and not always finding what you want, paying extra, and dealing with store employees trying to sell you products you don't want.
That's what I usually do, love Nutra its always worth the wait

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
at one of the Vit. Shop that i go to i had the "skinny guy" tell me that soy protien was the best way for me to put on mass and i should stay away from whey and meat proteins. i was thinking really i can overhead press you about 10 times and your telling me how to gain mass. i said thanks and never went back to that store again.

jmiyamoto

jmiyamoto

Awards
These stores pay, what, a little over minimum wage for a cashier job? I doubt they're going to extensively train their employees on supplement knowledge. Besides, if they did, the product range would be whittled down to only a few products since there is a finite number of usages for supplements and certain products perform that need better than others.