Everyone Read (PLEASE)

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I copied this from a drummer forum I read.

---begin---
This is to alert you to an issue with deeply troubling implications for our national schools. Panzerfaust, a white power music company based in Minnesota, plans to target youth through the distribution of 100,000 racist and anti-Semitic CDs to schools and other locations throughout the United States.

Volunteers including students from white supremacist groups are expected to help distribute the CD, with the main focus on reaching kids between the ages of 13 and 19. Panzerfaust hopes to use the hard-driving music to recruit youth to its racist and anti-Semitic ideology, and plans to make the CD readily available on its Web site for just 15 cents, so that white supremacist groups can easily purchase large quantities to hand out to kids.

In hopes of disguising the content of the CD, Panzerfaust points out that it has been designed "to be inconspicuous and not overtly racial so that it will be able to fly below the radar screen of teachers and other people"

Panzerfaust sells thousands of CDs of white power music bands from the U.S. and abroad. The company is largely run by ex-members of the neo-Nazi group, National Alliance. Racist and anti-Semitic rock music is now a major recruitment tool and source of funding for hate groups, with annual sales bringing in millions of dollars to the hate movement. Recent FBI statistics underline the susceptibility of youth to hate: 33% of all known hate crime offenders are under 18; 29% of all hate crime offenders are 18-24; and more than 10% of hate crime incidents reported occurred at schools and colleges.

The Plea For Peace foundation would like to encourage people to post this information in their surrounding circles to make those aware that this insanity still exhists and flourishes to a large degree. So again, Please do not hesitate to share this bulletin with your colleagues and family. The following link is the web site for this horrible source of hate. http://www.panzerfaust.com

Stand together and remember the idea of peace through music. Be young, Have Fun, Smash Racism!!
---end---

I can't tolerate racism in any shape or form personally, and to see these people intentionally targeting young children... They have a slogan on their site "Panzerfaust: We don't just entertain racist kids... We create them." This just totally disgusts me, and I'm going to do everything I can to stop these people, They can make their hate and spew ignorance, but pushing this stuff on kids is just as bad if not worse than all the other crap kids are having to deal with today already.

ManBeast

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I agree with what you're saying MB but at the same time I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Bands and groups like this have always been around and, in IMO, merely attract those who are predisposed to hatred. Those who hate themselves and their lives will often seek some form of solace by hanging out with others like themselves.

I think the best remedy for this is not to silence the source of the hatred but to sit down and talk about it with the target audience, ie the kids. Reason will triumph over hatred if reason is simply given its day. If all the child is hearing and reading is hatred then that is the path they will seek.