THC - Maryjewona cons & pros? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

THC - Maryjewona cons & pros?

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by 6andaHalf View Post
    Ha, knew this thread would get interesting.

I've been smoking for about 15 years. I don't smoke preworkout but I do post workout. It really helps me relax, increases appetite for my next meal and makes getting 8 hers a breeze. I've been vaporizing a lot more since I got my Launch Box. What a great invention.

Weed is not beneficial per se... but its also not going to kill you. What drives me ABSOLUTELY INSANE is when people look at people who smoke like they are junkies or something. Shows a serious lack of knowledge and ignorance. Don't be that guy, you look like an idiot. Weed is WAY more safe than alcohol and barely any worse than a cup of coffee not to mention its been know to cure various cancers in many patients. Oops... guess the government has got some explaining to do being that its a tier 1 substance along with meth.
    I would love to see proof of it "curing" cancer. Since its medical use is supposed to help deal with the side effects of chemotherapy, not for the disease itself as far as I know.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

My stance:

It doesn't make a lazy person motivated, nor a motivated person lazy.

It only becomes childish when you let it get in the way of your duties.

The medical emphasis is certainly overused by people that just want to get high.

Legalize it.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    I would love to see proof of it "curing" cancer. Since its medical use is supposed to help deal with the side effects of chemotherapy, not for the disease itself as far as I know.
    In the past yes, it was used primarily for improving the quality of life for chemo patients but in the last few years, many studies have shown tumors shrinking and actually disappearing with certain individuals. So many people are against believing it helps that its like a trend, just like everything (in America anyway). Blind men leading.

Marijuana has been used in medicine for over 3,000 years. America makes their own rules, tho. Don't forget, Columbus discovered America, kids!

This was just a 2 sec Google search:

http://www.collective-evolution.com/...n-cure-cancer/
    Currently logging: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/236161-dymethazine-4-ad.html
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Are you using it for its medical benefits or its recreational abilities because there are ways to get the body stimulation without the high.
    check out this article
    http://www.alternet.org/personal-hea...-believe-it-be
    Im going to repost this incase it got lost in the mix. I for one am not a user it gives me crazy panic attacks and depresses the hell out of me but there are "medical" benefits of the plant and ways to get those benefits that dont involve you getting loaded.
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the NEW CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site,
    Even Diabolix Ironflex's new compound!

5. justmechillin

Its only a matter of time before it starts getting taxed the piss out of..... I don't want my social security stolen from me, when I'm 70, after paying into it for decades....

http://www.people-press.org/2013/04/...ing-marijuana/
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.

Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.

Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/...n-cure-cancer/

studies and links to 20 typess of cancer cured with cannabis..
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by justmechillin View Post
    Its only a matter of time before it starts getting taxed the piss out of..... I don't want my social security stolen from me, when I'm 70, after paying into it for decades....

http://www.people-press.org/2013/04/...ing-marijuana/
    The only problem that the gov is going to run into is how easy it is to grow and mass produce who is going to go out and buy a 70dollar 8th when they can plant a field and have a years with of green for them selves. They say stoners may be lazy but when it comes to their herb they get down right motivated.
    Rep For IronFlex

10. justmechillin

The only problem that the gov is going to run into is how easy it is to grow and mass produce who is going to go out and buy a 70dollar 8th when they can plant a field and have a years with of green for them selves. They say stoners may be lazy but when it comes to their herb they get down right motivated.
    LOL!!!! Ya made a GOOD point there... They need to grow some hydro Bulbine and Fadogia........ ;-)
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by justmechillin View Post
    LOL!!!! Ya made a GOOD point there... They need to grow some hydro Bulbine and Fadogia........ ;-)
    If I were running the government this is what I would do to make sure that people wanted to buy the "name brand weed"

-Make it a criminal act to sell weed with out a license as well as cultivate it above a certain level.
    -Make sure there is a quality control so that only the stickiest of ickey is produced and sold
    -Make a limit as to how many "cafe's" can be around but be sure to regulate licenses much like they do liquor
    -keep big Tabaco out
    -Give contracts and tax breaks to farmers who cultivate both Hemp and MJ
    Rep For IronFlex

12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.

If its legal, they cant stop me from growing it. As in the case of guns. Ive got multiple ar's and many other types of rifles. They can't take them from me while im still able to fight. Bottom line, I'll grow it when its legal.

When it comes down to it, it's "Laissez faire" for this Texan
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It is a weed, but anybody that has grown their own knows how hard and expensive it is to properly grow the highest quality and with the right mix of thc, cbn, and cbd for your purposes. There is much more to it than most understand. Not to mention the cost of noots, lighting, and method of grow. The profit of most dispensaries is very low because they need to compete and the overhead they incur is high.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    It is a weed, but anybody that has grown their own knows how hard and expensive it is to properly grow the highest quality and with the right mix of thc, cbn, and cbd for your purposes. There is much more to it than most understand. Not to mention the cost of noots, lighting, and method of grow. The profit of most dispensaries is very low because they need to compete and the overhead they incur is high.
    To make fire ya its a science for sure but I "have a friend" who a long time ago grew some decent stuff simply by having good soil and sun light. Hydro is great but outdoors is easy.
    Rep For IronFlex

15. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Admittedly, I am very picky because I don't ingest it often, so when I do, I want exactly what I want. Everything is lab tested so there isn't a question.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Admittedly, I am very picky because I don't ingest it often, so when I do, I want exactly what I want. Everything is lab tested so there isn't a question.
    You get lab tested weed?...
    Rep For IronFlex

17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

I've seen marijuana wreck more lives than prescription pills.
    Where are you from? Over here, Oxys, Percs and all that **** are turning kids into dope heads over night. Weed is weed. Do I think it's healthy? No. I just don't think it's that serious.
  18. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by av6258 View Post

Where are you from? Over here, Oxys, Percs and all that **** are turning kids into dope heads over night. Weed is weed. Do I think it's healthy? No. I just don't think it's that serious.
    North of Houston.

I've seen kids lose full ride scholarships to play ball (and ultimately not even go to college) because of pot, drop out of school to sell, skip class (and fail) to smoke, separation without benefits from military service.

Never seen anyone pop prescription pills.
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

You get lab tested weed?...
    Everything has to be lab tested here in order to sell legally.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Everything has to be lab tested here in order to sell legally.
    Neat! Well that is a great way to start quality control and thus start a tax for it to provide income for the state.
    ( step 2 in what I would do. )
    Rep For IronFlex

21. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

North of Houston.

I've seen kids lose full ride scholarships to play ball (and ultimately not even go to college) because of pot, drop out of school to sell, skip class (and fail) to smoke, separation without benefits from military service.

I can't believe you don't see the difference in the arguments being presented here. We are talking about pills being legitimately dangerous and hurting people through addiction and possibly death. You are seeing people that are making bad choices and because it is illegal or not allowed, they are messing up their lives by making poor choices, they are not putting their lives in danger.
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Neat! Well that is a great way to start quality control and thus start a tax for it to provide income for the state.
    ( step 2 in what I would do. )
    $33 million to the state last year and that is expected to triple once recreation licenses are granted in January.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

North of Houston.

From Houston and you have never seen anyone pop pills? Come on man....Houston is the home of "syrup sippin" promethizine with codine cough syrup mixed with sprite. It's probably some of the most addicting **** on the planet.

To say that you have seen more people fall from weed then from hard **** is just naive.
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think someone is just anti weed no matter what pos points are mentioned.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

$33 million to the state last year and that is expected to triple once recreation licenses are granted in January.
    So you are still going to need a license to use it will just be a different class? That is a smart extra “tax” that your state implemented.
    Can you imagine if they did that for all drugs. Everything’s legal you just need a recreation license, everything is branded, taxed and has quality control. Everything would be safer because you wouldnt have a bunch of junk mixed into the substances and less deaths would occur, plus it would take a lot of the mystery and rebellion out of the substances, it would no longer be a taboo, just another mix in society.
    Rep For IronFlex

26. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by av6258 View Post

From Houston and you have never seen anyone pop pills? Come on man....Houston is the home of "syrup sippin" promethizine with codine cough syrup mixed with sprite. It's probably some of the most addicting **** on the planet.

To say that you have seen more people fall from weed then from hard **** is just naive.
    I never said anywhere that I'm from Houston. I live North OF Houston, not in North Houston.

It isn't naive, its my personal.experience. I've personally seen more people screw up their lives with weed than I have with any other substance (followed closely by alcohol).

I don't associate myself with people that do drugs, so I wouldn't be in a situation to see people pop pills. But I don't ever even hear people talking about prescription pills, all the talk out here is about marijuana.
  27. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

So you are still going to need a license to use it will just be a different class? That is a smart extra "tax" that your state implemented.
    Can you imagine if they did that for all drugs. Everything's legal you just need a recreation license, everything is branded, taxed and has quality control. Everything would be safer because you wouldnt have a bunch of junk mixed into the substances and less deaths would occur, plus it would take a lot of the mystery and rebellion out of the substances, it would no longer be a taboo, just another mix in society.
    I don't think there's a quality control you can put on Meth. Or crack. Or *insert majority of drugs here*.
  28. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I can't believe you don't see the difference in the arguments being presented here. We are talking about pills being legitimately dangerous and hurting people through addiction and possibly death. You are seeing people that are making bad choices and because it is illegal or not allowed, they are messing up their lives by making poor choices, they are not putting their lives in danger.
    You have on more than one occasion put a stigma on alcohol in a very similar fashion. Drinking alcohol in itself won't kill you (an excessive amount yes, but not the amount used recreationally), people that have negative experiences with alcohol that ruin their lives come in the same fashion as those that do it with weed.

Why is that any different than what I'm doing?

You argue against alcohol because people ruin their, and other people's, lives with what they do while under the influence of alcohol; but the alcohol itself didn't do it. Why can't I make the same argument when its against a substance I disagree with?
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

You have on more than one occasion put a stigma on alcohol in a very similar fashion. Drinking alcohol in itself won't kill you (an excessive amount yes, but not the amount used recreationally), people that have negative experiences with alcohol that ruin their lives come in the same fashion as those that do it with weed.

Why is that any different than what I'm doing?

You argue against alcohol because people ruin their, and other people's, lives with what they do while under the influence of alcohol; but the alcohol itself didn't do it. Why can't I make the same argument when its against a substance I disagree with?
    What? I drink alcohol, and regardless, your argument isn't valid in this conversation. If you can't understand why by now, I am not going to bother trying to explain why.
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

So you are still going to need a license to use it will just be a different class? That is a smart extra “tax” that your state implemented.
    Can you imagine if they did that for all drugs. Everything’s legal you just need a recreation license, everything is branded, taxed and has quality control. Everything would be safer because you wouldnt have a bunch of junk mixed into the substances and less deaths would occur, plus it would take a lot of the mystery and rebellion out of the substances, it would no longer be a taboo, just another mix in society.
    No, you carry a license now as a medical card. They are very easy to obtain and this is where the state is making their money. Fees, taxes, etc.. In January, we will have both medical and recreation dispensaries. The rec ones will have high taxes and fees associated, but you will not need a license. If you are 21 and a resident of CO, you can walk in like a liquor store. It will be much more to purchase items than at the medical dispensaries, but many people don't want to go through the process of getting the medical license.
  31. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

What? I drink alcohol, and regardless, your argument isn't valid in this conversation. If you can't understand why by now, I am not going to bother trying to explain why.
    You're correct.

It wasn't you, it was other posters.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

I don't think there's a quality control you can put on Meth. Or crack. Or *insert majority of drugs here*.
    Crack is just a basterdized version of coke. Methamphetamine is already regulated by the FDA for the treatment of ADHD, and drugs like LSD and MDMA can be synthase in a "clean" way that dont require fertilizer and gasoline. Hell the government even experimented with LSD back in the 60's on brilliant minds.
    I do believe though that when abused any substance is evil from crack and heroin to otc sleeping pills.I for one do not take drugs, I dont have the desire nor the time to, but I find the argument interesting.
    Rep For IronFlex

33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

No, you carry a license now as a medical card. They are very easy to obtain and this is where the state is making their money. Fees, taxes, etc.. In January, we will have both medical and recreation dispensaries. The rec ones will have high taxes and fees associated, but you will not need a license. If you are 21 and a resident of CO, you can walk in like a liquor store. It will be much more to purchase items than at the medical dispensaries, but many people don't want to go through the process of getting the medical license.
    I like my idea better. lol. for each substance you need a license. then a tax on the items you want to buy.
    Rep For IronFlex

34. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

What quality control would be put into place for recreational sales?

When it can be bought anywhere, what stops people from getting the exact same stuff they get now? What stops shop owners from buying the same low quality crap that can be laced with other substabces and selling it out of their shop? Or, the far more likely scenario, what stops everyone from buying it the same way they do now for much less with no taxes placed on it?
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

When it can be bought anywhere, what stops people from getting the exact same stuff they get now? What stops shop owners from buying the same low quality crap that can be laced with other substabces and selling it out of their shop? Or, the far more likely scenario, what stops everyone from buying it the same way they do now for much less with no taxes placed on it?
    As I mentioned before, the state requires lab testing on everything and it is incredibly strict with grows and the audit process that the state has on all of this. They have to account for every single gram and where it came from or risk being fined and shut down. Nobody is going to spend a million+ to open a shop with the grow and fees, just to be shut down for being an idiot.

What is to stop people from buying on the black market? Nothing. That isn't part of this discussion, though. And to actually talk about lacing pot shows how little you actually know about any of this. I am sorry that some people you know are stupid and make poor choices, because it is really clouding your thinking and perception.
  36. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

As I mentioned before, the state requires lab testing on everything and it is incredibly strict with grows and the audit process that the state has on all of this. They have to account for every single gram and where it came from or risk being fined and shut down. Nobody is going to spend a million+ to open a shop with the grow and fees, just to be shut down for being an idiot.

What is to stop people from buying on the black market? Nothing. That isn't part of this discussion, though. And to actually talk about lacing pot shows how little you actually know about any of this. I am sorry that some people you know are stupid and make poor choices, because it is really clouding your thinking and perception.
    It's not clouding any part of my judgement. I hated pot LONG before I knew anyone who smoked it. I hate anything that alters the state of a persons mind.

I have heard of pot being laced with other **** on multiple occasions, so yes it happens.
  37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The plants and product are electronicly tracked from seed to sale. 100% acountability.
    The *******s that lace pot give a legit business a bad name.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

If there were shops set up to sell it much like liquor stores, and have the FDA looking at it in a similar fashion as booze I believe that it would set a "fair market value”, get the gangs and cartels out of the process, plus set a standard for what could be sold. Granted much like booze you will still get the "bootleggers" but that trade is all but dead when was the last time some one asked you to buy some bath tub gin. Again this is me hypothesizing and playing devils advocate. But I think that if the substances were brought out of the black market and into the main stream we as a society would have far less problems with the issue as a whole.
    Rep For IronFlex

39. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

You need to step back and really think about your comments and realize everything you are commenting on is based on opinion and fables. It is cool that you have your convictions, but they are allowing you to believe things that are very unreal.
  40. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

You need to step back and really think about your comments and realize everything you are commenting on is based on opinion and fables. It is cool that you have your convictions, but they are allowing you to believe things that are very unreal.
    Very unreal? I'm asking legitimate questions and bringing up stuff that actually happens. Just because you haven't had it happen to you, does not mean it doesn't happen.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. pros/cons of swimming laps vs jogging
    By harry5543 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 07:07 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-30-2006, 12:59 AM
  3. Pro's & Con's using m1t during combine prep
    By Rebel in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 03:28 PM