Law enforcement question?

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
I was telling you guys that I had this stalker, or for better purposes someone who liked me to much?!!! right??? well I changed my cell, dont answer my home phone and i dont go out anywhere i think he may be..........Today he calls my work, tells them i have a family emergency, after pulling me out of a classroom to take this "call" I hear him.......I dont know what he said as I snapped........I told him if he ever, called me again at work, and if i ever saw him again I would kick the living **** out of him......i really thought that something had happened to my nephew or my mother ( who had heart surgery a yr ago, or my sister)..........

I think a restraining order is going to be happening....how? and what do I have to do????

I wish some of you guys lived closer i could use some back up......:(

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
You need to go to the magistrates office and talk to him/her. Tell them what this guy has been doing and that you are scared of him and what he might do. If you document all this I think you can get one. You do know who it is(his name) right?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
yeah, this has gone on long enough. get LE involved, this is what they're good for. (no offense cuffs :))

J

JDog45

Awards
I'm not sure how it works in RI, but in here's what you would do in CA. Hopefully the two are similar.

#1 Start documenting all his 'attempted' communications with you. Any messages that he's leaving on your voice mail or answermachine, save permanently to tape. Document on paper anytime he comes by to see you.

#2 You've already told him not to have contact with you which is necessary.

#3 Here's where this relates to CA. Go to a court house and they'll give you restraining order paperwork. It should be self-explanitory to fill out. You list all the times and dates of the unwanted contact. You turn it in back to the court and they'll stamp it as received. Now he'll have to be served for the order to be in effect. You cannot serve him yourself. You'll need an impartial or process server to do it. Once it's served, a copy goes to your local PD, to the court and you keep a copy for yourself.

If after the restraining order is served, he'll be in violation. Make SURE you call the PD EVERY time he tries contacting you or violates the court order. Each time should be a seperate count. If he contacts you in person against the order, call the police and he should be arrested with no questions asked. If he's calling you against the order, more than likely a warrant will be sought for his arrest.

The more times he violates the order, the more jail time he'll do.

#4 Since the restraining order you just got is called temporary restraining order (TRO), you'll both have to go to court before a judge and explain your side. Then it will be up the judge to approve the restraining order and for how long. It's derrogatory to have a restraining order against you, so count on him being there to defend himself. That's if he has any brains whatsoever.

This is pretty much how it works in CA. Again, I would imagine in RI the process would be similar. Hope that helps, if you need further advice, feel free to PM me if you like or post a reply.

Also I understand you're upset and rightfully so, but be careful of what you say. He can turn around and say you were threatening him and ask charges to be pressed. I've seen this numerous times where if someone is in trouble (him), they'll try to find something to pin on the other person (you) to try and make themselves look better. Kind of like this: "well if she wants charges press against me, I want them against her"

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure how it works in RI, but in here's what you would do in CA. Hopefully the two are similar.

#1 Start documenting all his 'attempted' communications with you. Any messages that he's leaving on your voice mail or answermachine, save permanently to tape. Document on paper anytime he comes by to see you.

#2 You've already told him not to have contact with you which is necessary.

#3 Here's where this relates to CA. Go to a court house and they'll give you restraining order paperwork. It should be self-explanitory to fill out. You list all the times and dates of the unwanted contact. You turn it in back to the court and they'll stamp it as received. Now he'll have to be served for the order to be in effect. You cannot serve him yourself. You'll need an impartial or process server to do it. Once it's served, a copy goes to your local PD, to the court and you keep a copy for yourself.

If after the restraining order is served, he'll be in violation. Make SURE you call the PD EVERY time he tries contacting you or violates the court order. Each time should be a seperate count. If he contacts you in person against the order, call the police and he should be arrested with no questions asked. If he's calling you against the order, more than likely a warrant will be sought for his arrest.

The more times he violates the order, the more jail time he'll do.

#4 Since the restraining order you just got is called temporary restraining order (TRO), you'll both have to go to court before a judge and explain your side. Then it will be up the judge to approve the restraining order and for how long. It's derrogatory to have a restraining order against you, so count on him being there to defend himself. That's if he has any brains whatsoever.

This is pretty much how it works in CA. Again, I would imagine in RI the process would be similar. Hope that helps, if you need further advice, feel free to PM me if you like or post a reply.
Sound advice. :thumbsup:

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
And thats what i am afraid of now...that he will try to have something done to me......even though i am the one who is being harrassed.........:( I have to admit i am a little scared.....but thanks for the advice........

T

tattoopierced1

it also would probably be best that you have pepper spray or some sort of deterrant in case of contact with him anyways.....

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it also would probably be best that you have pepper spray or some sort of deterrant in case of contact with him anyways.....
This is a good idea, pepper spray will take down even the biggest guy. Good luck WG.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
DAmn this guy wounds like a dickhead! I hope he gets run over by a fvcking school bus!! (Wouldn't that be fitting...harass a teacher, get run over by a school bus :D)

I have no advice on setting up a restraining order. The above advice sounds great, plus I'm sure you can contact your local police department or maybe a city official and they could have someone coach you through it.

S

size

Awards
  • Established
you have too much drama in your life. why do you think this is? :think:

R

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
That's some good general Advice you got. Law Enforcement is definetly on your side here, most jurisdictions have gotten appropriatley serious in their stalking reponse. Follow the legal procedures carefully, and the Bulls should be there if you need them.

A general note on Pepper spray, most comercially avaliable spray cans need to be shook once a month to remix the oil carrier and the Capiscium, and most need to be replaced every six months, they lose pressurization. There's a lot of unmixed and dead cans that are worthless, laying in the bottom of a lot of purses out there.

N

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
A general note on Pepper spray, most comercially avaliable spray cans need to be shook once a month to remix the oil carrier and the Capiscium, and most need to be replaced every six months, they lose pressurization. There's a lot of unmixed and dead cans that are worthless, laying in the bottom of a lot of purses out there.
That's good to know. I gave my wife one for jogging a couple of years ago. Guess I'll be picking her up a new one. Thanks!

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
This is a good idea, pepper spray will take down even the biggest guy. Good luck WG.
Actually, pepper spray is not all that. Especially the OTC stuff in your local stores. You need to be a good distance away for the air to activate the ingrediants that is sprayed. Now, a stun gun may be a better bet. You can use those up close. Can you say "groin shot", I knew you could. ;)

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
drama, yes it is...the more i try to live with none in my life the more it finds me.............But not to worry, soon there will be NO DRAMA!!!!!!!!!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually, pepper spray is not all that. Especially the OTC stuff in your local stores. You need to be a good distance away for the air to activate the ingrediants that is sprayed. Now, a stun gun may be a better bet. You can use those up close. Can you say "groin shot", I knew you could. ;)
Well I'm not familiar with the civilian stuff, but the stuff we used in the military put me on my ass a couple of times. Not fun.:sick:

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
you have too much drama in your life. why do you think this is? :think:
I agree. It seems like (from a distant and underinformed perspective at least) that you should try and eliminate as much as humanly possible as quickly as possible to reduce your stress levels. Become a hermit for awhile if you have to, you need to do something it seems. Good luck with everything, I really hope you can get this all straightened out :)

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Things are going to get settled tonight actually..........as always thanks for all the advice and input!!!!!!!!!!

I did attempt a TRO but come to find out his uncle is a police chief.......not to helpful!!!!!!!

R

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established

You are right, Cuffs. The OTC stuff is weak. If y'all want real, nasty OC spray try the products from http://www.shomer-tec.com

the punch sprays feel like acid thrown in one's face.

N

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Actually, pepper spray is not all that. Especially the OTC stuff in your local stores. You need to be a good distance away for the air to activate the ingòediants that is sprayedn Now, a stun gun may be a better bet. You can use those up close. Can you say "groin shot", I knew you could. ;)
How about the stuff with pepper spray and mace combined? I got it from a gun dealer. I can't remember the brand off hand.

R

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
CS and CN tear gas (mace) does work, but it's less incipacating on humans than high strength pepper spray, more likely to cause permanent eye and possibly breathing damages on subjects and is ineffective on animals, it will just piss off a dog without stopping it.

I recommend law enforcement grade OC ( pepper) . Pepper spray strength is measured in Scoville heat units, the shomer tec products range from 2 million to 5.3 M in strength, that's the level of strength one should look for, and I like to use a can bigger than the OTC mini size for better range, dispersal and multi shot ability.

My days of hosing people on the streets are professionally over, but I would'nt want to depend on the weak and small pocket convience store cans most people carry around.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Politics 14
N Anabolics 2
J Post Cycle Therapy 11
L Politics 148
G Anabolics 11