ACSM?

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am trying to get certified so I can make a little extra cash working in a health club.

I know a lot about fitness, I am a KINES major and a fight trainer.

I have the resource manual for ACSM personal trainers but thats it.

Anyone here take the test before and have any advice on how to prepare and what the test is like?

Help would be much appreciated,

Thanks!

size

Awards
  • Established
If you have a collegiate comprehension of kinesiology and exercise physiology, then I think you should be capable of passing.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you have a collegiate comprehension of kinesiology and exercise physiology, then I think you should be capable of passing.
Ya I know but the more prepared the better. I always like to be prepared, thats how I am. Besides the test is not cheap!
Have you taken the exam?

Is anyone on this forum ACSM certified?

BTW thanks size!

size

Awards
  • Established
What ACSM exam are you planning to take? This will make a huge difference. I am assuming that you are planning on taking the Health/Fitness Instructor test. If so, I think you will pass it as long as you have a good undergraduate comprehension. However, if you are planning on taking one of the other exams then you need to have a much greater specialized comprehension.

TooL

Awards
To get an ACSM cert. you need to have graduated with a degree in a related field.

If you take the ACSM HFI test dont take it lightly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ZiR RED Training Forum 2
Training Forum 7
Training Forum 12
Konvicted General Chat 0