Fitness advice

kanavb

Awards
Hi I'm fairly new to this mobile app, and love the information on here because it's free, couldn't ask for more, now to start of I'm a 20 year old dude, about 5 feet 8 inches tall, extremely overweight about 220 pounds, my bmi is about 30, now the real deal is I don't like my unhealthy lifestyle and I want to start living a healthy lifestyle, I want to lose my excess body fat and then get into building lean muscle, what I have started to do is a combination of p90x and insanity, I have been on this program for 2 weeks now, I've lost some weight I am at 210 now, but again I still feel fat, my diet is where I'm facing a problem, can someone please advice me what kinda foods I must be eating if I want to build muscle and lose that dirty fat on my body, and I also please need advice on if what I'm doing will help me get those results I seek within 3 months or any other recommendation? Thanks

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
go buy a gallon of water for like $.80 and use a pen to label it up into 8ths. then assign each section for every 2 hours or so, that way you drink a gallon of water everyday on a routine schedule. water = 0 calories making it the number one thing to drink for weight loss

also focus on cooking your own food instead of doing what every 20yo does and microwaving hotpockets or buying little caesars pizza. protein is more filling than carbs or fat, so focus on cooking lots of tilapia, chicken, or even beef. you can get shedded chicken or tuna for sandwhiches too, just get the low cal bread

buy a food scale and count calories. the biggest rule with fat loss is cals in vs cals out. if you eat less than your body uses,the difference is created from body fat. so you will lose fat. but to do that, you need to count calories correctly (which most people do wrong). so you need a scale for the first few weeks until you establish staple meals

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Good job on the initial 10lbs in 2 weeks. Sounds like your taking it seriously but know that that first ten was easier to lose then the next ten and so on. Congrats on waking up at 20 and deciding to change. I agree with everything onion said above. I would also recommend picking up a juicer, cutting carb intake and more protein AND NO EATING OUT! Even if your not that good of a cook you can grill meat. If it doesn't taste good at first you'll learn over time. Just think of it as fuel not food and your body as a muscle car. Everytime you go to fill up do you want crap 87 or the highest octane for your engine?! Set a goal that's realistic within a 2-3 month range and when you hit that goal set another and so on. Check out the recipe section for some good clean choices. If you're inexperienced pick simple choices to make. They may not be your favorite at first but once you start to feel and realize how much better it is to eat clean you won't turn back.

kanavb

Awards
Thank you so much for replying, so this is pretty much my game plan, no outside food at alll, even If I do ill probably grab a fresh shawarma, because It has chicken and veggies with a little bit of fat, other than that in the past 3 weeks, I've had no oily foods and pretty much no fast foods at all, I tend to consume 2 protein shakes a day totalling about 96 grams of protein in 4 scoops, so I have one in the morning and one after working out, now in terms of the physical aspect I'm doing a hybrid of the program p90x and insanity, so I work out 7 days a week, 3 day weight training that includes, chest, back, legs, arms biceps and triceps, and te remaing 3 days I do Intense interval training and the 7th day, light weights. I hope I'm on the right track and see results. One problem I face is doing push-ups so
I tend to mix it up with chest press on the machine and I don't have a pull up bar at home so I use the machine aswell, and my upper body strength is horrible I can't lift more than 20. How do I build upper body strength? And I'm proud o myself I changed my coffee from a double double to a milk and half sugar. I am really dedicated and I thank you guys so much for relying to my post, I just hope I'm able to build muscle and lose fat this way and I need to start consuming more and more water, cause that's the one thing I'm not doing, cause I tend to pee a lot then lol

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981 check this out. It is important that you eat properly you need to consume less calories, but not enough to put ur body into starvation which can be just as unhealthy. Know all the foods that are going to help you in this quest. High protein moderate carb and get your good fats in. Proteins-Chicken, white fish, lean red meat carbs( absolutely nothing white!!) eat brown rice, whole grain bread if u must ear bread, sweet potatoes, and all types of veggies, fruit here and their but not to much. Get your good fats from fish, natural peanut butter, olive oil...as for your training cardio wise insanity can be great but do what you can that program relies alot on keeping your heart at a high pass which if your not use to can cause you problems if not great! As for your lifting do what you can its gona take time to gain more strength but getting your diet right and ur cardio right is the first step to making that easier. Hope some of this will help you out beat of luck