lifting+mj

exrugger

Awards
So I've been lifting for a long time now, been blazin a long time now too (I hardly ever drink). Ive been taking 2-3 puffs prior to lifting and have a better focus and feel less lactic burn during the lifts. Only downside I've noticed is I really am not much of a fan of doing this pre-cardio (obvious reasons). Anyone else do this and find the same?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I've only tired it post workout. It doesn't seem to effect my workouts the next day. I vaporize though.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
never pre, did it once in HS and it's not for me, rest periods increase and my focus and intensity is off. Post workout, is okay, but I find myself reaching for less bro foods and more junk foods. Not ideal for my goals, but if it works for you enjoy.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I sometimes do it pre if my PWO is giving me jitters but I much rather it post after slamming my shake.

gboslice

gboslice

Awards
I'm an avid fan myself. Usually take a hit of a "1 hitter" prior to lifting as I get anxious around large crowds of people and it helps a little. Same procedure after to help relax the body a little. Usually a solid pure sativa before hand and a heavy indica once I make it home.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I'm an avid fan myself. Usually take a hit of a "1 hitter" prior to lifting as I get anxious around large crowds of people and it helps a little. Same procedure after to help relax the body a little. Usually a solid pure sativa before hand and a heavy indica once I make it home.
I love Sativa, but I'm not a huge fan of Indica, sadly around here people just know weed as weed. So, if someone tells me they have some and I ask what kind they just respond with "Uh it's green." or something similar to that.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
I love Sativa, but I'm not a huge fan of Indica, sadly around here people just know weed as weed. So, if someone tells me they have some and I ask what kind they just respond with "Uh it's green." or something similar to that.
Yep pretty much my circumstance too, I actually prefer indica dominant although most of my smoking takes place late night at home. I really am no a fan of pure sativa or indica strains though, a hybrid is ideal for me.

gboslice

gboslice

Awards
Yep pretty much my circumstance too, I actually prefer indica dominant although most of my smoking takes place late night at home. I really am no a fan of pure sativa or indica strains though, a hybrid is ideal for me.

I do love a good hybrid, but being able to control the type of effect has always been a big bonus. I'm just thankful I have a dealer who always has great stock of everything... pretty soon I wont have to say "dealer" hah. Legal in CO woohoo!

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
I do love a good hybrid, but being able to control the type of effect has always been a big bonus. I'm just thankful I have a dealer who always has great stock of everything... pretty soon I wont have to say "dealer" hah. Legal in CO woohoo!
yep I'm in CO as well, July 1st everything gets laid out and by January should be quite a few retail shops up and running, I do also really like the labeling requirements, allows me to perfect my high.

gboslice

gboslice

Awards
yep I'm in CO as well, July 1st everything gets laid out and by January should be quite a few retail shops up and running, I do also really like the labeling requirements, allows me to perfect my high.
Awesome man, good to hear we have some people from CO here. I used to stay up on the laws so much more but haven't had the time lately. Some great changes coming up, the only thing I was able to hear was the 25% tax was signed in along with a few others by the gov. I'll have to browse the latest news this weekend. Gonna go enjoy a lil right now along with some Qdoba.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I have smoked for years and huge sativa fan and sometimes select hybrid strains. I know what strains don't affect my appetite and works wonders for mood elevation. Recently switched to dabs and is cheaper and last longer. I would recommend wax if you can get it. I love having my card! Sage is about the only hybrid I will buy. Have amazing workouts when I'm medicated.

exrugger

Awards
I have smoked for years and huge sativa fan and sometimes select hybrid strains. I know what strains don't affect my appetite and works wonders for mood elevation. Recently switched to dabs and is cheaper and last longer. I would recommend wax if you can get it. I love having my card! Sage is about the only hybrid I will buy. Have amazing workouts when I'm medicated.
Wish I had access to that type of high quality medical, I only get medical once and a while...sour d recently, nice pre-workout if you limit it to 3-4 puffs. Love sativas by day and hooked on indicas at night, purple kush is a nice one to assure a sound sleep. About to visit my buddy in CO and see what all the fuss is about (I'm on east coast)

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Michigan here. It's a fantastic plant and I hope you soon get access to many more strains to fit your needs.