lifting+mj - AnabolicMinds.com

lifting+mj

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  222 lbs.

lifting+mj

So I've been lifting for a long time now, been blazin a long time now too (I hardly ever drink). Ive been taking 2-3 puffs prior to lifting and have a better focus and feel less lactic burn during the lifts. Only downside I've noticed is I really am not much of a fan of doing this pre-cardio (obvious reasons). Anyone else do this and find the same?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I've only tired it post workout. It doesn't seem to effect my workouts the next day. I vaporize though.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  222 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    I've only tired it post workout. It doesn't seem to effect my workouts the next day. I vaporize though.
    I also vape, much cleaner n less harmful
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

never pre, did it once in HS and it's not for me, rest periods increase and my focus and intensity is off. Post workout, is okay, but I find myself reaching for less bro foods and more junk foods. Not ideal for my goals, but if it works for you enjoy.
    Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. Micah 7:8
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I sometimes do it pre if my PWO is giving me jitters but I much rather it post after slamming my shake.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

I'm an avid fan myself. Usually take a hit of a "1 hitter" prior to lifting as I get anxious around large crowds of people and it helps a little. Same procedure after to help relax the body a little. Usually a solid pure sativa before hand and a heavy indica once I make it home.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gboslice View Post
    I'm an avid fan myself. Usually take a hit of a "1 hitter" prior to lifting as I get anxious around large crowds of people and it helps a little. Same procedure after to help relax the body a little. Usually a solid pure sativa before hand and a heavy indica once I make it home.
    I love Sativa, but I'm not a huge fan of Indica, sadly around here people just know weed as weed. So, if someone tells me they have some and I ask what kind they just respond with "Uh it's green." or something similar to that.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    I love Sativa, but I'm not a huge fan of Indica, sadly around here people just know weed as weed. So, if someone tells me they have some and I ask what kind they just respond with "Uh it's green." or something similar to that.
    Yep pretty much my circumstance too, I actually prefer indica dominant although most of my smoking takes place late night at home. I really am no a fan of pure sativa or indica strains though, a hybrid is ideal for me.
    Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. Micah 7:8
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tilldeath View Post
    Yep pretty much my circumstance too, I actually prefer indica dominant although most of my smoking takes place late night at home. I really am no a fan of pure sativa or indica strains though, a hybrid is ideal for me.

I do love a good hybrid, but being able to control the type of effect has always been a big bonus. I'm just thankful I have a dealer who always has great stock of everything... pretty soon I wont have to say "dealer" hah. Legal in CO woohoo!
    “there is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” ― Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gboslice View Post
    I do love a good hybrid, but being able to control the type of effect has always been a big bonus. I'm just thankful I have a dealer who always has great stock of everything... pretty soon I wont have to say "dealer" hah. Legal in CO woohoo!
    yep I'm in CO as well, July 1st everything gets laid out and by January should be quite a few retail shops up and running, I do also really like the labeling requirements, allows me to perfect my high.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tilldeath View Post
    yep I'm in CO as well, July 1st everything gets laid out and by January should be quite a few retail shops up and running, I do also really like the labeling requirements, allows me to perfect my high.
    Awesome man, good to hear we have some people from CO here. I used to stay up on the laws so much more but haven't had the time lately. Some great changes coming up, the only thing I was able to hear was the 25% tax was signed in along with a few others by the gov. I'll have to browse the latest news this weekend. Gonna go enjoy a lil right now along with some Qdoba.
    “there is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” ― Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I have smoked for years and huge sativa fan and sometimes select hybrid strains. I know what strains don't affect my appetite and works wonders for mood elevation. Recently switched to dabs and is cheaper and last longer. I would recommend wax if you can get it. I love having my card! Sage is about the only hybrid I will buy. Have amazing workouts when I'm medicated.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  222 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by drinkyboy View Post
    I have smoked for years and huge sativa fan and sometimes select hybrid strains. I know what strains don't affect my appetite and works wonders for mood elevation. Recently switched to dabs and is cheaper and last longer. I would recommend wax if you can get it. I love having my card! Sage is about the only hybrid I will buy. Have amazing workouts when I'm medicated.
    Wish I had access to that type of high quality medical, I only get medical once and a while...sour d recently, nice pre-workout if you limit it to 3-4 puffs. Love sativas by day and hooked on indicas at night, purple kush is a nice one to assure a sound sleep. About to visit my buddy in CO and see what all the fuss is about (I'm on east coast)
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Michigan here. It's a fantastic plant and I hope you soon get access to many more strains to fit your needs.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  222 lbs.

What's your favorite sativa?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Where do you guys lift/train?
    By dieseldude in forum General Chat
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 07:19 PM
  2. Lifting Heavy Weight is Dangerous!
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9