My story

Aussteve

Awards
Hey people! Just wanted to share with you all my story!!
Have been a track sprint cyclist competing at an international level for over 15 years and a coach for a few years, up until the age of 35 when I was diagnosed with testicular cancer! After getting one of my boys cut out ( I now only have one nut! ), it looked like it had spread to my lymph glands so I had 5 weeks of radiotherapy and then a further 3 months of chemo! My BW before the illness was a VERY fit 95 kg, within 6 months I was down to 76 kg and looking like sh*t! 2 weeks before I was diagnosed I met this pretty cool woman who stood by my side through it all like we had been together for 10 years! She's one of a kind eh!! Anyway the cancer was gone, along with one of my testosterone factories, and I was faced with the thought of what to do from here! So I asked the very cool woman to marry me, which she did, and I decided that, after getting on for 20 years as a cyclist I'd had enough! I kept on coaching, still do, and thought I loved to lift and didn't want to stop so bodybuilding it was to be. 5 years later I'm up to, still a pretty fit, 108kg and love the sport! Started to diet down for my first show in September and am just as motivated and keen as I was 20 odd years ago when I first hit the track!! I also went back to uni, got a degree and a new career!!

By the way we have 2 beautiful kids and life couldn't be better!! All done with one testicle ;)

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Overcome a few hurdles in life and sounds like you come through it all reasonably well. Nice one mate, welcome to AM.

Aussteve

Awards
Overcome a few hurdles in life and sounds like you come through it all reasonably well. Nice one mate, welcome to AM.
Yeah cheers eh! Have learnt alot from visiting these pages so decided to become active and learn some more and hopefully contribute aswel!!