Drug testing at commercial gyms?

z00k

Awards
Hi guys,

I recently started looking for a 2nd job to generate some extra income on the weekends.

I had almost forgotten about the applications I had left with some local gyms (LA, 24 hour, lifetime, etc), but today I got a call asking if I was available for an interview this weekend. I gladly set up a time and went on to my day job.

It wasn't until later in the evening that I remembered a section of the application asking if I would consent to a background test and drug test. Naturally I said yes because I don't really have anything to hide...

However, this brings me to my questions

Does anyone know what type of drug testing these companies perform? Is it a urine analysis, blood test, saliva test, etc?
Are they testing for recreational drug use, performance enhancing drugs, or both?

I'm currently on cycle and would really hate for this to screw up my chances of getting a job that I would enjoy.

Hopefully someone here has some insight, I tried google but the responses were very mixed.

Thanks

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never applied for a job? Thought the drug test was pretty standard.

Almost always the recreational panel including amphetamines, opioids, canabinoids.

z00k

Awards
Never applied for a job? Thought the drug test was pretty standard.

Almost always the recreational panel including amphetamines, opioids, canabinoids.
Can't tell if that's supposed to be a condescending remark or not.

I've worked many jobs in several different fields, the only time I was asked to take a drug test was when I was 15 years old.

I'm really looking for someone who has some experience with the matter, but thanks anyways.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Don't work for those gyms IMO . Not because of drug testing.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've taken drug tests for every job in ever had, seems crazy to me they don't some places.

Anyway jobs all use the same drug screen panel. They won't test for steroids if that's your concern.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
they wont test for steroids, thats too expensive and they really dont give 2 ****s unless theyre effectingu on the field

ballistic11

Awards
think its only for recreational drug use not performance enhancing

gmanall

Awards
When I've gotten jobs it's been mouth swabs, take that for what it's worth. Also passing drug tests are relatively easy, drink a lot,creatine and throw in a lot of B vitamins for a lovely shade of yellow

z00k

Awards
Thanks guys, never actually ended up getting a drug test.

I have no clue how PED testing works and wasn't sure if that was part of the normal drug testing spectrum or not.