PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy

  1. PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy


    Hello.

    Recently I sold some Clomid (not a lot; I think it was two bottles and maybe 10 grams of powder in total) and accepted PayPal as payment.

    When I tried transfer the money to my bank account though, it said that I was in violation of their acceptable use policy because I was selling prescription drugs in a manner which does not comply with FDA regulations.

    I stated directly to each buyer that these products were for research purposes only and are not for human consumption, so how can they be deemed prescription drugs? Also, how does PayPal even have any idea how its members receive their money?

    Here's what the E-mail I got says:
    You will need to provide detailed information describing the nature of
    your business (website) for which you are accepting PayPal, as well as any
    available invoices or receipts proving the nature of your transactions.
    Please note that PayPal's User Agreement states an account may be limited
    for "refusal to cooperate in an investigation" (see "Closing Accounts and
    Limiting Account Access").

    This is not intended to be an all-inclusive review or list of your Internet
    sites in violation. Furthermore, the violations of the Policy described
    above are not intended to be an all-inclusive list. It is the
    responsibility of the user to ensure that all transactions comply with the
    Acceptable Use Policy
    Does anyone have any experience with this? What should I say was the nature of my business? Just be honest and tell them I was providing research chemicals?

    I would greatly appreciate any help or advice you can offer, thanks.


  2. You are just one of the many. It's going to probably be a lost cause on your end. Many online stores have had problems regarding these items and using PayPal. I wouldn't know how to fix it for you.

  3. Sounds ****ty. I havent used pay pal so I dont know if this is a feasible idea... but can you just switch credit cards and create a second account? I wouldnt even bother responding to them, I'd just cancel your first account and open a second one.
    •   
       


  4. i'm closing my paypal account for similar reasons.

  5. The exact reason I don't use Paypal.. that and the fact they really screwed up my account by taking money from the wrong place.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by John6
    Hello.

    Recently I sold some Clomid (not a lot; I think it was two bottles and maybe 10 grams of powder in total) and accepted PayPal as payment.

    When I tried transfer the money to my bank account though, it said that I was in violation of their acceptable use policy because I was selling prescription drugs in a manner which does not comply with FDA regulations.

    I stated directly to each buyer that these products were for research purposes only and are not for human consumption, so how can they be deemed prescription drugs? Also, how does PayPal even have any idea how its members receive their money?

    Here's what the E-mail I got says:
    Does anyone have any experience with this? What should I say was the nature of my business? Just be honest and tell them I was providing research chemicals?

    I would greatly appreciate any help or advice you can offer, thanks.
    how did they know you were selling clomid? did you type in the word 'clomid'?

  7. Yeah I didn't understand how they knew either, but I just discovered that someone I sold to mentioned Clomid in the subject line of his payment...:

  8. oh well, lessons learned. let em know next time to keep their mouths shut.

  9. Yeah, but I just found out the money I requested did already go through. So I'm closing my now empty account and they can blow me with their little investigation.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by John6
    Yeah, but I just found out the money I requested did already go through. So I'm closing my now empty account and they can blow me with their little investigation.

  11. I've done transactions thru PayPal, just tell the dick who's sending funds to say it's money he owes you..

  12. Quick question. When you purchase an item using PayPal, does it list the item you purchased on your invoice for you CC, or does it just show the place where the purchase was made from?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs
    Quick question. When you purchase an item using PayPal, does it list the item you purchased on your invoice for you CC, or does it just show the place where the purchase was made from?
    I've sold items on eBay, that shows up on the account.. You can actually put whatever in that description you want, I usually juggle money around with afew friends on occaision.. I think the cc shows a PayPal transaction, but not what for..
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Nutraplanet accept Paypal??
    By MR RHOMBALOIDS in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 02:24 PM
  2. Donating to AM without having to use paypal?
    By DuiLee in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 02:54 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-21-2004, 10:31 PM
Log in
Log in