No more gym bags allowed. Wtf??

Guido1983

Guido1983

Banned
Awards
So supposedly now at the xsport I go to they are not allowing ppl to carry their gym bags in the gym. I didn't think this was serious until i got approached by manager. He told me that's not allowed no more, I basically laughed and said I been a mebever for 10 years and go to about 3 different
x sports and never heard of this. He made some bs excuse and and turned away and went back to leg pressed.

I hate this now I have all my **** in my bag and don't like locking it up, my **** got stolen once. Any have this ****ty rule?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I train occasionally at a 24 Hour Fitness that has this "rule".

No good advice, as I never follow the "rule", and every time I'm approached I tell them I'm doing it til they kick me out. I think it's pure nonsense.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i actually support the rule.....i do understand that reverse arguement, but it's a pain walking around bags, or having ppl empty their bags all over the place

if i bring a belt into the gym, i put it on and don't really strap it, if i have straps then i just carry them around....i have 1 water bottle

i just don't see a need to have a bag full of a bunch of nonsense in the gym area, the one kid i don't mind having a bag because he carries around rubber bands and things but he keeps his stuff neat and tucked underneath things so it doesn't get in anyones way

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I carry a belt, wrist wraps, sling shot, chalk, bands, log book, towel. It's where I put my beanie, hoodie & sweats when I'm warmed up, and my water bottle rides in it when I'm not drinking it.

I don't always know what I'm going to use on any given day, so yes, I need & use my bag every training session.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I carry a belt, wrist wraps, sling shot, chalk, bands, log book, towel. It's where I put my beanie, hoodie & sweats when I'm warmed up, and my water bottle rides in it when I'm not drinking it.

I don't always know what I'm going to use on any given day, so yes, I need & use my bag every training session.
i'm a big believer in knowing what your going to be doing in the gym so you'll know exactly what equipment your going to need for that given day, i also dont' believe in the hoodie, sweats, and beanie....you can just as easily get warm without all that stuff, no need to have all that excess stuff with you

it's just my opinion...even the one guy i workout with sometimes has 2 bags with him everyday, i don't see a need for him to have 4 water bottles, a fleece jacket for warm ups, a different pair of straps for each exercise and a different belt for everything....too me it's just too much crap thats not needed

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
My guess it has more to do with insurance companies then the gyms.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i'm a big believer in knowing what your going to be doing in the gym so you'll know exactly what equipment your going to need for that given day, i also dont' believe in the hoodie, sweats, and beanie....you can just as easily get warm without all that stuff, no need to have all that excess stuff with you

it's just my opinion...even the one guy i workout with sometimes has 2 bags with him everyday, i don't see a need for him to have 4 water bottles, a fleece jacket for warm ups, a different pair of straps for each exercise and a different belt for everything....too me it's just too much crap thats not needed
That's the beauty of training, no 2 protocols are the same.

I've been doing it this way for ~20 years, and I've never left a mess in any gym, anywhere. I'll continue to do so, because it works for me.

Honestly, I'd rather walk around a dude's bag than have to deal with weights not racked, bad etiquette, etc. That said, if you're offending on ALL those fronts...then off you go to the douchebag thread. ;)

Reactions: dds
Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's the beauty of training, no 2 protocols are the same.

I've been doing it this way for ~20 years, and I've never left a mess in any gym, anywhere. I'll continue to do so, because it works for me.

Honestly, I'd rather walk around a dude's bag than have to deal with weights not racked, bad etiquette, etc. That said, if you're offending on ALL those fronts...then off you go to the douchebag thread. ;)
oh we got a bunch of those at my gym....we had a local gym close and those guys came to my gym, they don't unload anything, they take like 4 or 4 pair of dumbells and disapear with them to do their circuits....and a few times i've gotten attitude for asking to use a bench or the leg press that they were hanging their belts and water bottles on

nipps1231

nipps1231

Awards
It's all fun and games until some weirdo brings in a gun and shoots all the people that bench more than him, which is probably everyone lol. I really dnt care about bags as long as they're not left opened unattended with thins strewn about, but I bet this is an excuse the gyms will eventually use.

ELo

ELo

Awards
I agree with both sides of this argument to an extent. I think it should be handled on a person to person basis by management. If a guy comes in with all his stuff in a bag and keeps it neat and out of everyone's way, who am I to harp on him, let him be. If that ding dong comes in and spreads the entire contents of his bag on the floor for everyone to step over, then management should come over and call him out on it. Normally, only the more serious guys are bringing in a bag full of workout gear, and there are normally only a double handful of those guys at any one gym; between those guys there will only be a couple that have so little respect for everyone else that they strow their crap everywhere. It wouldn't take a ton of manpower to to speak to those individuals independently.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards

i see where youre coming from. but ive been members at multiple gyms and some dont keep it warm throughout the night like 24hour does lol. so if you go in the morning, its fukin cold and a beanie/sweater is kind of nice to start out with. once you start though, it gets too hot and time to take it off. without a bag,that would be a huge nuisance

and i carry my towel, bottle, straps, wraps, and most importantly liquid chalk. i need my bag lol. i also have a jump rope, gloves that i never use, and a elbow wrap + elbow and knee braces in the side pockets. my 24hour doesnt care about bags even though its a rule. i think all the trainers there know its a dum rule anyways.

its one thing to bring a bag to carry your ****, but its a whole different thing to unload a huge mess where you go. i think theres a point where the bag is best, especially in bigger gyms whe theres more space

ELo

ELo

Awards
That's a decent gym you got there. There isn't a single gym within 80 miles of where I live that will even let you use chalk anymore. Real bodybuilding gyms are being faded out for the more "family oriented" gyms. Which I think is just another way of saying "Don't workout Here"!

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
That's a decent gym you got there. There isn't a single gym within 80 miles of where I live that will even let you use chalk anymore. Real bodybuilding gyms are being faded out for the more "family oriented" gyms. Which I think is just another way of saying "Don't workout Here"!
its not chalk, its liquid chalk. look it up, i doubt your gym will have a problem because its so clean. basicly just chalk with ethanol and the ethanol evaporates real quick leaving tthe dry chalk. no cloud or anythihg, real handy

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And this is why I rarely venture outside my meathead gym...

ELo

ELo

Awards
Never heard of it, but I checked it out and ordered a bottle immediately. This stuff looks great, I cant wait to use it! Good heads up

Guido1983

Guido1983

Banned
Awards
I just hate the new rule. Had to go buy a lock today.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I go to La. No rule there. I use chalk, belt, bcaas and more. Need my bag