Any pictures of BF% to show progress?

nas7

Board Supporter
Awards
Would be nice to see some side by side pictures with different ammounts of bodyfat, just to get an idea of abdominal area in particular. Anyone know any links?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
That would be somewhat usefull but of course everyone is different.

eg a person of say 50 years old who looks ripped maybe 10% while a person who is 20 years old and has say 6% looks the SAME degree of ripped.

That is because of all the fat a person of 50 has around the organs that the person of 20 does NOT have.

BTW I see so many people say they are 10 % and am not too sure about that. I mean 10% is LOW compared to many pictures you see of people saying they are 10%. To me what I have found is 10% you have that thick vein coming up from your crotch towards your belly button showing very easily with no flexing or pump.

I's like to hear some input of tell tale signs of say 10% by some of the trainers on this board. IMO it would be helpful.

size

Awards
  • Established
I am not and expert in this area but 10% on person A and 10% on person B does not look the same. I wish it did but it just is not the case. Some time ago, I spent time in a human performance lab where they used 3 different BF% testing methods including hydrostatic weighing. I was amazed at how different people looked even with close BF%s.

In the end, BF% is nothing more than a %. Aim for the being happy with yourself.

Last edited:
CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
10% on person A and 10% on person B does not look the same. I wish it did but it just is not the case. Some time ago, I spent time in a human performance lab where they used 3 different BF% testing methods. I was amazed at how different people looked even with close BF%s.

In the end, BF% is nothing more than a %. Aim for the being happy with yourself.

So if I can balance a beer on by belly even when standing I just MIGHT still be at 10% Body Fat? :drunk:

size

Awards
  • Established
So if I can balance a beer on by belly even when standing I just MIGHT still be at 10% Body Fat? :drunk:
Maybe you have strong abs and a belly like R.Coleman.
:thumbsup: