question with accutane

jimmy1011

Awards
i was on it, for about a month 20mg/day .. and around the last couple of days of the month i started getting severe stomach cramps and everything that goes along with that.. my doctor took me off of it

he told me that we have to give my bowels time off..

so with that being said .. does this mean ill never be able to use accutane without getting those same symptoms? i asked him and thats all he said was to give it time off.. JW if anyone else here had a similiar issue with it and how did thiongs turn out after

also was not sure where to post this

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I've only ever heard negative things about that stuff. The only positive I heard was for what it does, clear up your skin. But at what cost. Sounds like its some toxic stuff. Wish it wasn't since I still have skin issues on my face at 35

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
I would avoid it like the plague, side effects like colitis = not fun.

WeT.DoLPhiN

Awards
I started taking accutane at the age or 18 and finished up 2 years later. I was dealing with bad genetic cystic acne in multiple areas so I was just sick of it. After coming off of it..it felt like a burden was lifted from my shoulders. It definitely effected my mood negatively, but I wasn't paying attention to what it was doing to my body at that age...I guess psychology I wasn't mature enough to notice. Regardless...I show symptoms of IBS and my amount of sweating seemed to be greatly reduced. It works great at clearing up your skin but as said before..at what risk?