Highschool kid benches. 700 lbs

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Dam, now that is some strength but I got distracted by the fine ass russian :)

EDIT: Realized she 13, dreams shattered for 5 more years LOL

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I know, she's cute. Jail bate... Wait what's the age of consent in Russia ?! Haha jk ...

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
In russia it's 16, her bench press says she's at least 18 and the fake passport I have for her says 21

JD261985

Banned
Awards
The MHP roid chick is nasty :/ but damn that one chick is 13?? God I feel like such a ***** wtf

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
That kid has a shirt on.... Take the shirt off have home bench to his sternum and not the highest point of the belly and see 300lbs fall right off that number.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That kid has a shirt on.... Take the shirt off have home bench to his sternum and not the highest point of the belly and see 300lbs fall right off that number.
So you're saying that if he kept his back flat on the bench and did a full range of motion bench raw that he wouldn't even be close to the same weight? I can agree with that.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you're saying that if he kept his back flat on the bench and did a full range of motion bench raw that he wouldn't even be close to the same weight? I can agree with that.
i can do an extent

comparing it to how i bench, i bring it to my chest actually, not below my chest or "bouncing" it off my stomach almost. still impressive. he could have done more weight also (seems like)

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eh, don't knock it until you've tried it. Your technique has to be spot on and at best the shirt will carry you to two or three boards, then it's all about the speed you've built up and your triceps strength.

I find that 99% of people who hate on gear have never tried it. It's a whole different ballgame. You don't put on a shirt and add 50,100, 200, or 300 lbs instantly. If you try that, you'll be wearing that barbell for a hat and you can kiss whatever it decides to land on goodbye.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eh, don't knock it until you've tried it. Your technique has to be spot on and at best the shirt will carry you to two or three boards, then it's all about the speed you've built up and your triceps strength.

I find that 99% of people who hate on gear have never tried it. It's a whole different ballgame. You don't put on a shirt and add 50,100, 200, or 300 lbs instantly. If you try that, you'll be wearing that barbell for a hat and you can kiss whatever it decides to land on goodbye.
i wasnt referring to the shirt, but i agree with your point.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im not a fan of shirts but still very impressive. Pick any shirt, use any form you want, and 99.9percent of the people on this board would not even come close to 700lbs. I would guess that he can probably do at least 450lbs raw. Still crazy weight for a highschool kid.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i wasnt referring to the shirt, but i agree with your point.
No, no. I wasn't referring to you in specific. For me, I can bench for reps with a flat back and flared elbows. But only up to 295. Then shoulder pain usually causes me to dump the weight on my chest. When I shorten the ROM and let my lats carry the weight on the ride down, I can then begin to work with heavier weights.

Can this kid bench 400 with a flat back? Maybe, maybe not. I lean toward probably not. Does he care to? Nope. I may never try over 295 with a flat back. If I get in a bodybuilding mood and want to work my chest, I'm going to put on a 15 degree incline and pause one second a half inch above my chest.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I pl'd for years... I got 145lb out of a off the shelf single ply katana, that i used only 6-7 wks at a time. That shirt could be 1-3plys and lookin at the neck on the shirt, that is custom fitted. The way to get massive amounts of of a shirt is to stay in it... With very little raw work. So I would say that shirt is workin at least 300 lbs on this dude. IMO I'd say the guy can bench around 400 and the shirt doin the rest.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i can do an extent

comparing it to how i bench, i bring it to my chest actually, not below my chest or "bouncing" it off my stomach almost. still impressive. he could have done more weight also (seems like)
Don't get me wrong, that is a lot of weight to move but as mentioned, it's a different style of lifting. I'm not knocking it and I have nothing against those that lift that way, it's just not my cup of tea.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established

This... I'm not against em, just don't like it when people that don't know what's up askin why is that guy so much stronger then you... When they can't see the shirts doin all the work.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This... I'm not against em, just don't like it when people that don't know what's up askin why is that guy so much stronger then you... When they can't see the shirts doin all the work.
Lol. This is true. My brother (who's in high school) hit 315 in a shirt and most of his buddies were like DUDE. His training partner had questions, though. None of those kids have ever even heard about it though.

EDIT: Little bro hit a smooth 250 raw and just missed 350 in the shirt. He has a problem with stacking his wrists yet. We're working on it.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
dam i didnt know the shirt can make such a huge difference. now im interested in reading a little bit about them

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Now to all that don't know.... A shirt will not help your raw bench 1 bit. If your lookin for something like that then get a "sling shot"

I know a guy that benchs 520 in his shirt and can't do 310 out of it.... Only way to hit numbers like that is to work almost exclusively in the shirt, which don't leave alot of time to train raw.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Iono I think I'd like to have one to toss on once in awhile to bench some crazy weight for fun. I'd prolly wind up in the douche bag thread because heaven forbid anyone actually do something cheesy for fun and selfish self gratification in the gym. Lol. Most likely anyone at my gym who would talk **** though can't lift what I can. I'm not super strong right now but yesterday I did 265x8 which was a new PR for me (this year) and it was so easy I bumped to 275 but only got out 5 cus I gassed out before my muscles got a burn. I'm pretty sure I can max 315x2 right now but it would most likely effect the rest of my routine. I'm curious though what that max would go up to in a shirt. Sound like scary fun to me;-)

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
correct me if im wring here, im trying to figure out how the shirts work now

from what i could tell, they compress the shoulders and chest and kind of spring the bar off the chest. the rest of the work is locking out. am i correct?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Iono I think I'd like to have one to toss on once in awhile to bench some crazy weight for fun. I'd prolly wind up in the douche bag thread because heaven forbid anyone actually do something cheesy for fun and selfish self gratification in the gym. Lol. Most likely anyone at my gym who would talk **** though can't lift what I can. I'm not super strong right now but yesterday I did 265x8 which was a new PR for me (this year) and it was so easy I bumped to 275 but only got out 5 cus I gassed out before my muscles got a burn. I'm pretty sure I can max 315x2 right now but it would most likely effect the rest of my routine. I'm curious though what that max would go up to in a shirt. Sound like scary fun to me;-)
I'd say go for a slingshot or a titan ram in that regard. It's fun to see what you can do in a shirt, but it could take you a month to actually groove the shirt and by then, your raw bench numbers have gone down.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
correct me if im wring here, im trying to figure out how the shirts work now

from what i could tell, they compress the shoulders and chest and kind of spring the bar off the chest. the rest of the work is locking out. am i correct?
They support the shoulders and hook onto the back of the shoulder or back of the tricep and stretch across your chest, storing energy and giving you spring.

Then it's up to you to lock it out, whether that comes from the speed you generate off of the chest or through brute force and ignorance. You can definitely feel the energy being stored, it tries to push you down through the bench.

Right now my shirt has sleeves that are too small and as a result I can't get it set right. So I actually can't get 405 down to my chest, and that is an entry level single ply shirt. The shirt that kid is wearing likely has a 1-2" groove and he probably can't get 500 to his chest.

What I mean by 2" groove is that if you miss your spot by that much, you will get NO support and you'll be chewing on that bar with however many teeth you have left.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
^^^^ this... My shirt wouldn't touch 430... Needed 450 to get down. Max was 545

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^^ this... My shirt wouldn't touch 430... Needed 450 to get down. Max was 545
The meet I was at two weekends ago, there was a guy who floated his opener about 1" from his chest with 515 and was too worn out from there to press 520 after they dialed his shirt back.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Yep it happens all the time. People think they can just jump in a shirt and add hundred pounds to their max snuck up it doesn't work like that. You have to work with the shirt if you don't end up on your face