What sports did you play prior to???

1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.09%

What sports did you play prior to???

What sports did my felloow Anabolic members play prior to bodybuilding?

I began boxing at the age of 14 and won many amateur golden gloves matches. At that time I almost got a sparring match with Montell "ICE" Griffin ( the former light heavy weight champ). At that time Montell was a top amateur who was prepping for the Olympics.

Then at 17 I played HS basket ball. At 5'10" I could slam dunk a basket ball with ease.

So what sports did you guys play prior to bodybuilding?

2. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Nationally ranked triathlete, state ranked bike racer, ultimate frisbee player on team that finished second in the national collegate championships and professional traper.

Not sure if that last one is a sport though
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

football - halfback and rugby - flanker, in high school i played baseball ... but i wasn't very good
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.33%

Football. Middle Linebacker. But I would trade it all to have been built like glenihan
  5. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.7%

Football, WR.. Hopefully division I this year.
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.09%

We have some athletic brothers in here. It’s good to hear, as most people believe people who bodybuild or weight lifts like we do cannot do other sports.

Now middle line backer is a position I'D LOVE. Never played football but if I were a football player I’d want to be a middle line backer. Those guys are cool because they are fast, strong and athletic.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.11%

football-safety.baseball-left field.muay-thai.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.25%

I was involved with track, other than that I have no athletic ability what-so-ever.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Football, powerlifting, track, baseball. I plan on playing division II next year.

10. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.24%

football, hockey, rugby. Boxed a little as well but that was mainly for hockey and football training (footwork and agility)
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.11%

Baseball (should have stuck with it), football, and basketball. I'm just now getting into Muay Thai.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.69%

Signed up for football b/c the coach said I "looked" like I should play...didn't have grades to make it Wrestled and then again didn't have grades once the season started Played baseball and was really good, but hated it and I probably wouln't have had the grades anyway in HS

Funny....I don't know how I graduated high school atall? And, I graduated early ? What's even more funny is that ever since I've been to college I've been on honor roll and have an open invitation to honors society, etc, deans list, blah, blah, blah....why didn't I just do it in HS?? Anyway, enough of that rant....

How many of you guys who don't / didn't play ball constantly get asked if you do / did??? I get asked all the time. I've had a few new kids at school come up and ask me where I can find "coach" to try out for the team
  13. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.57%

Houseman, nice to see a fellow rugger, what position did you play?
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Played football DL (at 5'6" 212 no less ) won district my senior year, Track threw shotput and discus...but mostly discus and did powerlifting all 4 years of high school (did the best here). I would always catch hell from my powerlifting/football buddies because most of them were 5'10" and up and had the hardest time in powerlifting, while I was "built" to powerlift. Gotta love having the mechanical advantage.
  15. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.24%

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    Houseman, nice to see a fellow rugger, what position did you play?
    yo. I played in the second row.

Being a bigger guy, I always prefered more "contact" but sadly, I could also run too so they kept my there to satisfy the craving for brutality
  16. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.57%

good man houseman
    i love rugby it probably edges out football as my favorite sport, i loved being in the pack and playing flanker

even though rugby did leave me with 2 horrible concussions, a 1st degree separated shoulder and a 3rd degree separated shoulder ... wish i still had time to play with a club, law school just takes up too much time
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.64%

Volleyball, even now, i coach it and I also play it......
  18. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%

Track, BB-ball and Soccer in H.S. Went on to run track in college on scholarship; went sub-1:50 in the half mile quite a few times. Ran sub-4:30 miles for fun while training...and somehow, through applied training, I've altered my bodytype now, seven years later.

Now I primarily play soccer in the summertime, run a few road races a year, and a couple triathlons a year. But since I've taken to heavy lifting and bulking, my times are sucking!
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%

football & baseball in high school, football in community college.
  20. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.76%

Quote Originally Posted by Brodus
    Track, BB-ball and Soccer in H.S. Went on to run track in college on scholarship; went sub-1:50 in the half mile quite a few times. Ran sub-4:30 miles for fun while training...and somehow, through applied training, I've altered my bodytype now, seven years later.

Now I primarily play soccer in the summertime, run a few road races a year, and a couple triathlons a year. But since I've taken to heavy lifting and bulking, my times are sucking!

VERY cool.

What was your best half mile time?
  21. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%

I never went lower than 1:49 outdoor. Best indoor was around 1:53, which got me some medals. BTW-->at that speed you don't even take a breath for the first 200 meters! And the last 200 are hell on earth. I think it is one of the most painful races. I was competitive in the 400 and 200 in high school, but not college.

I never thought I could gain much muscle; now that I'm training differently, I've put on over 20 pounds this year, and I'm still 15% BF, so probably a net of 17-18 pounds.
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.71%

i played basketball once a week (cos im tall, not cos i was fit !)
    other than that the closest i came to physical activity was playing that gridiron mod for quake 3
  23. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.76%

I never went lower than 1:49 outdoor. Best indoor was around 1:53, which got me some medals. BTW-->at that speed you don't even take a breath for the first 200 meters! And the last 200 are hell on earth. I think it is one of the most painful races. I was competitive in the 400 and 200 in high school, but not college.

I never thought I could gain much muscle; now that I'm training differently, I've put on over 20 pounds this year, and I'm still 15% BF, so probably a net of 17-18 pounds.
    For guys who don't know this is IMPRESSIVE as HELL!

Very nice bro.

BTW, you may know this already but if you get up to 200lbs you can jump in the clydesdale division in triathlons. Then some of them have 225lbs and over. That is where I did my most recent ones but a SERIOUS injury 3 FREAKING years ago is still bothering me so not much action lately.

However this summer I am going to do a relay team with my nephew and my brother. Should be good but I have to do the swim part since neither of them can swim to save their lives lol, which I am NOT looking forward to.
  24. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%

I was a natrually strong runner, but I could have never done it without the help of some amazing, inspirational coaches and strong team leaders. They make the difference between pushing yourself 90% and taking your natural talent and dialing it up 125%. Of course I hated them for it at the time! Nothing like running till you puke and then having to do pyramid intervals afterwards b/c you weren't hitting your race pace! Good coaches and a solid program with team leaders everyone looks up to make all the difference...God knows there are a ton of gifted runners.

I eventually burned out, and took four years off of everything, and I still regret that decision, to an extent. I was 18 when I went 1:52, 19 when I went 1:49. Wonder what I would be running now at 29 (as of today), had I not stopped. People who stick with college athletics the whole way through have dedication I admire and am envious of!

I'm 210 right now, so it looks like I'll be a Clydesdale from here on out--thanks for the tip!
  25. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%

Oh, and yes, swimmers have lungs and cardio capacity I cannot understand-->they are monsters of pain endurance!
  26. king of useless information!!!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.97%

I did crew in high school...no way in hell i was a rower though - at 5'3" and 104 lbs even in my senior year, I was the coxswain on a nationaly ranked team (6th) - invited to the junior national tteam but declined

played and still play hockey

play semi pro paintball now
  27. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.71%

We should have a wrastling match with BB, winner gets to talk about whatever non Legal Fing Gear supplements they want to for a year. We Would win, those curl jockies are all strung out on Product X and bad PCT.

Me, OLB in the B10 and the NFL, a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away........
  28. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.21%

5A high school Football I started Defensive Tackle and started at guard half the time. Had a few scholarship offers to division 3 schools for collage, but decided to play a year at a community college and see if I could get a D1 scholarship. Played middle linebacker, got burnt out after a season and stopped playing football altogether. The step from high school to collage for me was a big one, everyone was much bigger, faster and stronger. I still kind of miss playing today though.
  29. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.04%

Pocket pool...and my national record has yet to be broken.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.69%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs
    Pocket pool...and my national record has yet to be broken.
    Hehe How do I follow that?

Anyway- I played football(outside linebacker and fullback) in high school. Went in the Corps for 5 years instead of college, got out and still had the bug so I played semi-pro for a couple of years. God I love football...
  31. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%

Can we get a communal shout out for the dedication and insane commitment it takes to ride collegiate sports for 4 years, despite the conference??!!!???

Seriously...yall don't know what training is until you've been there...literally...your idol in your face SPITTING how you're pussing out...you wouldn't believe what it makes you do!!

I will never be the same person after my experience in college athletics. You learn that there is no such word as can't..it all becomes what you're willing to sacrifice.
  32. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%

Call me a ***** for being a runner, but I promise you, I have balls and dedication to the extreme. You might have higher numbers than me, but I'll go toe to toe with anyone willing to ride the line to ciomplete bodily destruciton and come back the next day and do it again.

Calll me old school, but I frimly believe in no pain no gain. Ask a farmer who tosses 1000 bales of hay into a mow what he thinks about it.
  33. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%

I get pumped just thinking about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  34. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.24%

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    good man houseman
    i love rugby it probably edges out football as my favorite sport, i loved being in the pack and playing flanker

even though rugby did leave me with 2 horrible concussions, a 1st degree separated shoulder and a 3rd degree separated shoulder ... wish i still had time to play with a club, law school just takes up too much time
    In terms of voilence... Football won out for me. Can't tackle above the waist in Rugger which to really fuel my drive to ****ing kill my opponent (I played MLB) I need to hit above the waist

Rugger was good and fun. Just too much running for my taste. More than anything it kept me in shape for football and prevented me from getting too carried away with my bulking
  35. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.92%

High school baseball star turned slow-pitch softball coach!
  36. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.95%

Roller Hockey, Ice Hockey
    glad decided AGAINST playing Junior A
    seeing that pro-hockey will no longer exist as we know it
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  37. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.95%

Call me a ***** for being a runner, but I promise you, I have balls and dedication to the extreme. You might have higher numbers than me, but I'll go toe to toe with anyone willing to ride the line to ciomplete bodily destruciton and come back the next day and do it again.

Calll me old school, but I frimly believe in no pain no gain. Ask a farmer who tosses 1000 bales of hay into a mow what he thinks about it.

Running is insane, so very taxing on the body.
    A Psychological and Physical test to the extreme.
    Especially for me, I hate every minute of it.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.13%

foosball, i have played for ten r more years, i have played pro masters, and beat them on a regular basis, but they eat me alive today.
    i gave it up due to foosball elbow,tendonitis, weights and foos dont mix and i can live without foosball.
    not to mention the girls i go out with think its childish.

foosball=table soccer
    never really played sports in high school,
  39. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.85%

I was a wrestler in Jr. High and went on to competitive PL'ing in High School. Now I am forced to run 3 miles 3 times a weeks and I can't stand running (no offense to those who like it). I have been compteplating giving rugby a shot. My last boss was a big rugby player and always wanted me to play on his team, but like said earlier it involves to much running and at that time I had no interest, now I need to find something to kill time.
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.22%

Played Jr A hockey in Canada (where I'm From) golf, soccer, high jump, long jump and 100 m in track. But, I wish I coulda played football.

jecko

Similar Forum Threads

1. Tell me what Athletix Sports product you would like to log!
    By JudgementDay in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 04:54 PM
  2. What characteristic make you more likely to get gyno?
    By benchpresskid in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 03:04 PM
  3. At what age did you make best strength gains?
    By james1 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 03:45 PM
  4. What brands would you like Nutraplanet to carry?
    By CHAPS in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 11:45 AM
  5. Where Did You Play High School Football?
    By Chad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 08:10 PM