What the hell happened to Frank Zane??

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Did you see his picture on page 106 of the newest Muscle & Fitness?? He looks like hell!! No muscle tone whatsoever....

What happened to him??

BV

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
looked okay for his age a couple of years ago when they did a spread on older BBers

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Can anyone scan the pic and post it?

Frank was always my idol. Much smaller than many but still able to take the big O 3 years.

I think he was actually only 185lbs when he stepped on stage which doesn't suprise me since I BELIEVE Arnold was only about 220lbs at the heighth of 6' 2"

AMAZING

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Brodus did you see the pic in M&F? In the pic you posted he looks great, in the Muscle and Fitness article he looks like he hasnt picked up a weight in 10 years.

I saw that too, but he is 63 or so.
That dosent mean anything...there are plenty of 60+ men and women out there that look absolutely fantastic.

I just saw that picture and I was shocked - I always looked up to Zane as well...

BV

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Didn't see the M&F pic. I've always looked up to Zane, too. I think the current pics of Arnold are much more depressing!

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
the picture you posted Brodus was the one I had seen..

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Didn't see the M&F pic. I've always looked up to Zane, too. I think the current pics of Arnold are much more depressing!
Bro you really havent seen Zane then- he looks like a flabby, decrepid old man.

cpa5oh

Awards
  • Established
I think I saw that pic...was he doing Yoga or something with a hairy, grey chest?

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
He looks just like arh-nold they both just have extra flabby skin since there not a big as they used to be. Ive seen that little yoga pic hes on.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
NEWSFLASH: We're all going to get old and die, and we probably won't look too good at the time we go.

It's just one of those things, you know?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
NEWSFLASH: We're all going to get old and die, and we probably won't look too good at the time we go.

It's just one of those things, you know?
F*ck that. Getting old sucks.

Frank Zane is only in his 60's - there are plenty of 60-somethings with great physiques.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have any recent pics of Arnold?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I mean like pics of his physique - In T3 he looked really good...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
F*ck that. Getting old sucks.

Frank Zane is only in his 60's - there are plenty of 60-somethings with great physiques.
Predispositions and genetics are pretty indicative of how one will age. Naturally his (our) "physique" will become less youthful but this is not always indicative of health status. I am frustarted at times, as I am quite a bit more fit than most men my age (<40) but yet my bald head makes me look every bit of 40. What pisses me off more now is that what is left is greying. :sad:

Youth is wasted on the young!

jinkillkill

Banned
Awards
I dont know it sounds like excuse's
at the gym I sometime go to, its usually about 9am ish and there are some 50 n 60 year old guys there and they're in good nick.
Sure not bodybuilder material but they're strong as hell.

I think that picture or two of arnold at the beach- really umm what can you say when you see them? its just sad.

anyway age isnt really a deterant, Ive had bench contests with these guys and they win- sure they have 30 year+ years of training but they're still as keen to prove themselves.

Even this one really old feeble guy challenged me to a 20 minute run- dude must of been out of his mind-but he still tried and you have to respect that sort of pride.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
You mean this pic?

I have a hard time believing that's really him. Although I guess it could be. If it is, its really depressing!!

He looked good in Collateral Damage and in T3, and they were done only a few years ago. But, then again, look at the pics of Zane Brodus posted compared to the one in M&F.

BV

Attachments

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
The King is Dead. :sad: Long live the King :box:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I sure hope that its fake!! That could have been after his heart surgery though..

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
i saw on a show about the making of T3 that when they fitted him for wardrobe his measurements were the same as when he did the original Terminator and no one could believe it. He also had his own gym on set and worked out in between takes.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i don't know if that arnold pic is fake, but i remember when it did come out and it was RIGHT after his heart surgery

i personally think its fake

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I read an interview where they asked him how he got into such good shape for T3 and he said he trained/dieted like a madman.

Physicist

Awards
Arnold's traps are looking way better than the rest of his body. They just don't look right.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Arnold's traps are looking way better than the rest of his body. They just don't look right.
People had a few pictures of arnold a few years ago and he didn't look so good. Getting old is a fact of life. Everyone gets old and everyone dies.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
reminds me to strive for healthy amounts of toned, symmetrical muscle, not gargantuan cartoon-like body parts that I'll never be able to keep up. Of course, I'm an ecto/hardgainer, so maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better...

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
reminds me to strive for healthy amounts of toned, symmetrical muscle, not gargantuan cartoon-like body parts that I'll never be able to keep up. Of course, I'm an ecto/hardgainer, so maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better...
:think:

Frank Zane was 5'10" and weighed 185 while competing.

BTW you probably can't even keep up the body you have now so you might as well get fat, grey, stooped over and wrinkly now and avoid the rush :)

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
Good luck getting women looking like Ronnie Coleman or Mr. Ruhl

darius

Looking like Ronnie Coleman will get you no women.
Being Ronnie Coleman will get you many.
It's all about fame.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah if you can find a woman that is a big enough brute to straddle his enourmous quads...she damn sure isnt going missionary under his 300lb ass.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember seeing those Arnold pics BEFORE T3, so if they are real then he did a major over haul in the gym. My heart just about stopped when a buddy of mine showed me the pictures, so naturally I had to go see T3 just to see if my idol still had that idol status.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
By the way, since where on the subject of lacking famous physics, what the hell has happened to Triple H. He was a monster earlier in the year, I'm talking huge. I respected the dude alot for his commitment to training even with a torn quad. Now he looks like fat bastard. Anybody know what happened to him?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
LOL

My guess would be he is off cycle what do you think?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Maybe he's just bulking up:)

I thought arnold looked great in T3, especially considering his age. Im assuming he did it drug-free as well, considering his artificial heart valve and future political ambitions. I dont think those Arnold pics were real. I think they first showed up in the Enquirer. There's that one pic of him with a beard tossing one of his kids around in a pool - I think that was taken close to the time of the 'flabby arnold' pics and he looked pretty jacked.

BV

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL

My guess would be he is off cycle what do you think?
That was my first thought at the time, but he clearly has a good grasp on both the training and the chemical side of bodybuilding, hell he hosted the O for the last two years, and even released his own workout book, "Building the Game". Theres just no way the dude doesn't know how to keep even a tad bit of that muscle with proper PCT. To me it's a mystery.
As for Arnold, yeah I'd say he did it naturally. I listened to the commentary track with him on T3 and he constantly talked about the diet he had to be on and the amount of cardio and weightlifting he had to do, like three hours a day or so. With the base of muscle he already established from competing I'd say it was easy to do that naturally...for him.

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You mean this pic?

I have a hard time believing that's really him. Although I guess it could be. If it is, its really depressing!!

He looked good in Collateral Damage and in T3, and they were done only a few years ago. But, then again, look at the pics of Zane Brodus posted compared to the one in M&F.

BV
I think Im gonna hurl after looking at that

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
That's what I thought. At his age- it probably takes quite a bit of work (on diet, mostly) to maintain the physique he had in T3. With all his politcal stuff going on, he probably dosent have the time.

I still want to see him in Predator 3 before he retires from film:)

BV

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That's what I thought. At his age- it probably takes quite a bit of work (on diet, mostly) to maintain the physique he had in T3. With all his politcal stuff going on, he probably dosent have the time.

I still want to see him in Predator 3 before he retires from film:)

BV
or how about a Commando 2, with a grown up Alyssa Milano...damn she's hot

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Arnold in Predator 3 would be awesome, though I believe the Rock is in talks to play the lead in it. I personaly would like to see him do Conan 3 Crown of Iron, he already signed on for the project back when he did T3. You could then have Alyssa Milano play his daughter and run around in a leather skin thong, now that would be entertaining!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Arnold in Predator 3 would be awesome, though I believe the Rock is in talks to play the lead in it. I personaly would like to see him do Conan 3 Crown of Iron, he already signed on for the project back when he did T3. You could then have Alyssa Milano play his daughter and run around in a leather skin thong, now that would be entertaining!
Yeah, that would be entertaining:)

I just want one more ultra-badass flick with him in it. They'd have to write the script around him being older now - but Predator3 or Conan3 would be perfect. Id love to see him in Predator 3 as an aged soldier still scarred from the events of predator1, then he finds out another predator is on earth to hunt him down after all the years have passed and he starts training hard-core and kicks its ass:)

Maybe with the renewed interest in the franchise after the AVP flick this summer (which was actually pretty decent), he'lll consider it.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, that would be entertaining:)

I just want one more ultra-badass flick with him in it. They'd have to write the script around him being older now - but Predator3 or Conan3 would be perfect. Id love to see him in Predator 3 as an aged soldier still scarred from the events of predator1, then he finds out another predator is on earth to hunt him down after all the years have passed and he starts training hard-core and kicks its ass:)

Maybe with the renewed interest in the franchise after the AVP flick this summer (which was actually pretty decent), he'lll consider it.
Maybe you should pen the script BigV, it seems like you've put some thought into it. :D

Gettinpumped

Gettinpumped

Awards
  • Established
Damn that pic of Frank Zane looks like he hastn worked out in a while.