ALCOHOL IS THE DEVIL!

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I'm done. Went out drinking last Thursday with my wife. First time in 2 months we've drank alcohol let alone get blitz like we did. Hung over for last 2 days and now I'm 4lbs lighter and weak as **** compared to normal. 4 hours of fun isn't worth the days of crap and the set back in goals. I'm done.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I quit drinking, partying and smoking since July of last year...never went back to it and never missed it for a sec. Like you said, some hours of fun are NOT worth the feeling of being weak, drained and like a SD truck ran you over!

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
the weight loss is probly just dehydration which would also xplain the weakness. but im not one to defend alcohol, i havnt drank since i was 20 and im 23 now. once your in a committed relationship, partying becomes fukin stupid lol. i stopped because i felt like it was slowing me down. in my head, every binge night = entire weak of progress gone

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I quit drinking, partying and smoking since July of last year...never went back to it and never missed it for a sec. Like you said, some hours of fun are NOT worth the feeling of being weak, drained and like a SD truck ran you over!
By SD, you mean Sanitation Department right?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
By SD, you mean Sanitation Department right?
It can be anything, Satan's D... Super Drol, Super Dromedary...you know usual SD acronyms!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Have you been drinking young man?! Haha wtf?
Haha not in the past months, and not going back to it at all...just can't sleep and feeling fatigued but with massive insomnia :/

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Haha not in the past months, and not going back to it at all...just can't sleep and feeling fatigued but with massive insomnia :/
Welcome to my life. Been suffering from that since I was a kid. Insomnia is my biggest enemy

jonpaulevans

jonpaulevans

Awards
I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. I just quit drinking for the umpteenth time but this time I'm more serious about it. I'm 33 and I've been a DJ and big club-goer for over 15 years. The partying, late nights, booze and other crap do not mix with the lifestyle I am after. I hate thinking about where I would be if I stopped at 23 and focused on lifting even more. I notice a huge difference in my strength after a period of not drinking.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. I just quit drinking for the umpteenth time but this time I'm more serious about it. I'm 33 and I've been a DJ and big club-goer for over 15 years. The partying, late nights, booze and other crap do not mix with the lifestyle I am after. I hate thinking about where I would be if I stopped at 23 and focused on lifting even more. I notice a huge difference in my strength after a period of not drinking.
Haha Sounds like you could be a Detroiter too. Same lifestyle I've grown up in. MC world as well as the underground nightlife world. I'm currently still a bartender. Although I have two other trades under my belt Its hard for me to acclimate to those environments and always go back to this. My comfort zone. It's more of a challenge to stay away from stuff when you're working in the environments we do on a regular basis. I'm not nor have ever been an addict but I do like to occasionally tie one on. Unfortunately as we get older the after effects tend to linger more then the good time was worth.

There's no experience or curiosities to explore left in those places that I haven't satisfied many times over. No sense in going back anymore

My favorite buzz is the one I have when I'm lifting heavy, healthy and with clear head ;-)

mmorton

mmorton

Awards
You're telling me. It becomes a habit and it's a terrible one. Not to mention being bloated for a day and a half.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Welcome to my life. Been suffering from that since I was a kid. Insomnia is my biggest enemy
Mine has been Night Terrors all along...when they get too frequent, my bodies defense response is insomnia so I don't have to face them every single time I close my eyes...

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Mine has been Night Terrors all along...when they get too frequent, my bodies defense response is insomnia so I don't have to face them every single time I close my eyes...
Ya , no not me, my brain just never quits. It wouldn't be as irritating if it was thinking of something useful but its always dumb ****. It's like half my brain is rambling on and the other half is screaming "stfu go to sleep!". I've tried everything from herbal supps and medication to meditation and breathing. I'm looking into trying acupuncture and hypnosis next. Night terrors? Man, not to be a dick but you got alot of issues for a young guy don't ya?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Ya , no not me, my brain just never quits. It wouldn't be as irritating if it was thinking of something useful but its always dumb ****. It's like half my brain is rambling on and the other half is screaming "stfu go to sleep!". I've tried everything from herbal supps and medication to meditation and breathing. I'm looking into trying acupuncture and hypnosis next. Night terrors? Man, not to be a dick but you got alot of issues for a young guy don't ya?
Haha wow where did that last one come from? Idk I've had them for as long as I can remember!

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Haha wow where did that last one come from? Idk I've had them for as long as I can remember!
Lol no offense I've just read some of your posts an got the impression you maybe had it rough or something. Not tryin to play Dr Phil or anything im just saying maybe some EST may help. Haha
( that last part was joking) ;-)

jonpaulevans

jonpaulevans

Awards
Haha Sounds like you could be a Detroiter too. Same lifestyle I've grown up in. MC world as well as the underground nightlife world. I'm currently still a bartender. Although I have two other trades under my belt Its hard for me to acclimate to those environments and always go back to this. My comfort zone. It's more of a challenge to stay away from stuff when you're working in the environments we do on a regular basis. I'm not nor have ever been an addict but I do like to occasionally tie one on. Unfortunately as we get older the after effects tend to linger more then the good time was worth.

There's no experience or curiosities to explore left in those places that I haven't satisfied many times over. No sense in going back anymore

My favorite buzz is the one I have when I'm lifting heavy, healthy and with clear head ;-)
Philly guy over here but Detroit's a great house scene - I am a huge EDM fan. I got out of the club scene (thankfully) and do weddings and private events mainly but I still do a weekly gig at a bar for a trivia night. But you're totally right - I've experienced all the "highs" and the lows that follow. Lifting is the best high and no regrets follow - even over-training (the lifters equivalent to a hangover) is fine.

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Awards
I wish there was an alternative alcohol. Booze just wrecks my lifting

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Celorza

Celorza

Awards
R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm done. Went out drinking last Thursday with my wife. First time in 2 months we've drank alcohol let alone get blitz like we did. Hung over for last 2 days and now I'm 4lbs lighter and weak as **** compared to normal. 4 hours of fun isn't worth the days of crap and the set back in goals. I'm done.
i stopped drinking in 2008 and never looked back. wont even have 1 single beer or anything. just not worth it to me.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
i stopped drinking in 2008 and never looked back. wont even have 1 single beer or anything. just not worth it to me.
That's awesome. I'm happy to give it up as well. I really like the taste of beer and find it refreshing on occasion but one good one always leads to another and another. While it almost always turns into a good time with friends the aftermaths physical effect leaves a mental effect which last 5 days no instead of just till 6pm the next day like in my 20s. So I just might as well just say no from now on and enjoy my health instead.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's awesome. I'm happy to give it up as well. I really like the taste of beer and find it refreshing on occasion but one good one always leads to another and another. While it almost always turns into a good time with friends the aftermaths physical effect leaves a mental effect which last 5 days no instead of just till 6pm the next day like in my 20s. So I just might as well just say no from now on and enjoy my health instead.
good for you man!! thats great to hear.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
It's more of a challenge to stay away from stuff when you're working in the environments we do on a regular basis.
Word...it's hard to stay away. Even if you decide not to drink people still always offer shots etc. Almost every time I get off work I want to quit but I'm always reeled back into it...

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Word...it's hard to stay away. Even if you decide not to drink people still always offer shots etc. Almost every time I get off work I want to quit but I'm always reeled back into it...
Ya one good thing about where I'm at now is its real strict. It's ran by live nation so they have a corporate image to uphold and if you drink on the job your gone. Technically drinking behind the bar is illegal anyhow but this is the only bar in 15 years I've worked and never done it. Normally that would be a bummer cus a shot here n there helps at times when dealing with a drinking crowd ( to sorta get on the level if you will) but its nice to me because it makes it easy to turn down offers from the people that insist on not taking no for an answer being that the policy is what it is.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I drank, oh, I don't know, maybe 8-10 high-gravity beers the other night. Woke up a little dizzy, threw back some caffeine, aspirin, and a few liters of water. Had one of the best leg sessions I've had recently later that night. :D

Guess I'm not in the same boat as you guys.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I drank, oh, I don't know, maybe 8-10 high-gravity beers the other night. Woke up a little dizzy, threw back some caffeine, aspirin, and a few liters of water. Had one of the best leg sessions I've had recently later that night. :D

Guess I'm not in the same boat as you guys.
the reason is in your name. It's that Irish blood! Haha

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ugsavage Anabolics 12
Anabolics 89
cruze1911r1 Supplements 15
EpiStrong Supplements 19
Anabolics 1