pitbull weight pulling harness

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
anybody have one for sale or know where to get it cheap? not for competition, just at home use for exercise. thanks.

T

TexasGuy

Awards
Just do a google search, they are pretty common.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you just have to browse sites bud...probably cost you at least 50. I paid 50 for a trailing harness

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just do a google search, they are pretty common.
where do u live in houston man?! im in league city (southeast houston). anyway, i did, but i know nothing about the brands, quality...etc

T

TexasGuy

Awards
where do u live in houston man?! im in league city (southeast houston). anyway, i did, but i know nothing about the brands, quality...etc
Sugar Land area.

IMO, a harness with extra padding across the chest is best. You may have to pay a little more than the bottom barrel but imagine doing sled drags with cheap, thin plastic digging in to you. Kind of mean for the pooch and also not likely to be an activity he embraces.

I don't think brand matters too much. Check weight ratings along with padding and you should be good to go. If you're going to order online double check return policies in case you do find a lemon.

Dogs love pulling if you train them properly. Using treats at the end of a run, lots of praises et cetera and it becomes a favorite game. I had a Boxer once with so much energy it was ridiculous. I took him on walks and runs and he'd nap for an hour and wake up like a dingbat on crack. I started sleds with him in the backyard and it worked like a charm. Just watch for hesitation to gauge your dogs recovery and check for rashes, bruising et cetera where the harness touches him and back off if necessary.

As I typically favor DC training myself, I work out every other day and do my cardio between. I put him on my schedule and he not only got much bigger and stronger but his energy levels were definitely contained. He ate big, and high quality food to match his exercise. It seems DoggCrapp isn't just for humans. And his dog craps were absolutely epic.

Just be careful with pits, some people involved in fighting them come out of the word work at pulling events and competitions (PL meets for dogs)

If they think you have a stud, they may steal him. Keep an eye on him and get him chipped if you decide to let him compete.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sugar Land area.

IMO, a harness with extra padding across the chest is best. You may have to pay a little more than the bottom barrel but imagine doing sled drags with cheap, thin plastic digging in to you. Kind of mean for the pooch and also not likely to be an activity he embraces.

I don't think brand matters too much. Check weight ratings along with padding and you should be good to go. If you're going to order online double check return policies in case you do find a lemon.

Dogs love pulling if you train them properly. Using treats at the end of a run, lots of praises et cetera and it becomes a favorite game. I had a Boxer once with so much energy it was ridiculous. I took him on walks and runs and he'd nap for an hour and wake up like a dingbat on crack. I started sleds with him in the backyard and it worked like a charm. Just watch for hesitation to gauge your dogs recovery and check for rashes, bruising et cetera where the harness touches him and back off if necessary.

As I typically favor DC training myself, I work out every other day and do my cardio between. I put him on my schedule and he not only got much bigger and stronger but his energy levels were definitely contained. He ate big, and high quality food to match his exercise. It seems DoggCrapp isn't just for humans. And his dog craps were absolutely epic.

Just be careful with pits, some people involved in fighting them come out of the word work at pulling events and competitions (PL meets for dogs)

If they think you have a stud, they may steal him. Keep an eye on him and get him chipped if you decide to let him compete.
she wont compete. im not into all that. and yeah i would only do pulling 2-3x a week. she gets about 2 hours of exercise on the flirt and spring poles as well as wrestling with me and fetch. she is loving protection training.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Oo I plan on getting my giant schnauzer in on this. Not sure if I should wait till he grows up a bit. He's 5 months and weighs 70 pouss

T

Thatguy_603

Awards
Found a site that might help havnt bought from them but will soon for my pit. Google search mightyharness Also a carpet mill helps to tire them out .

T

TexasGuy

Awards
Oo I plan on getting my giant schnauzer in on this. Not sure if I should wait till he grows up a bit. He's 5 months and weighs 70 pouss
His joints may still be under developed for heavy pulling, you have to let them mature physically, roughly 12-18 months. In the mean time, tie his fave toy to a ten pound plate and teach him to pull that around.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i only tried this once because i know you arent supposed to, but i just wanted to see her strength and Roxy can pull a truck tire attached to her walking harness just fine.

T

Thatguy_603

Awards
T

TexasGuy

Awards
That is an extreme case although pits are exceptionally strong. A truck tire works but she will probably make light work of it in short order. You can challenge them just like you do yourself.

Maybe structure her workouts to ten pulls, slightly increasing weight as she hits all ten.

She will stop at her own limit as long as you are treating her humanely and she doesn't feel pressured to go overboard.

Edit: regarding the competition video

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is an extreme case although pits are exceptionally strong. A truck tire works but she will probably make light work of it in short order. You can challenge them just like you do yourself.

Maybe structure her workouts to ten pulls, slightly increasing weight as she hits all ten.

She will stop at her own limit as long as you are treating her humanely and she doesn't feel pressured to go overboard.

Edit: regarding the competition video
yeah im gonna start with the tire till i buy a sled where i can put weights on it

T

Thatguy_603

Awards
I just purchased one from still water I'll let u know how it is when I get it in.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my 1 year old female is a lean/muscular 52 right now, so im not sure how well the large would fit her. the pictures on the site look way off but that may just be the pic. the large looks like it would fit a 100 pounds Rottweiler

T

Thatguy_603

Awards
my 1 year old female is a lean/muscular 52 right now, so im not sure how well the large would fit her. the pictures on the site look way off but that may just be the pic. the large looks like it would fit a 100 pounds Rottweiler
Ya I noticed that but I just ordered according to the weight. I only wanted to put one pic up lol dam phone. I was worried about fitment also. I was glad to see he was over the 55 mark so I didn't have to debate which one. I guess ur choice will depend if u let her get a lil fat. Or just hope she doesn't out grow it. My boy is only 9 months but I kinda let him get fat this winter but he will work it off in the summer. Or what u could do is go with there working/pulling harness. That is adjustable up to 100lbs with detachable pulling tracers. And that's 55$ .

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya I noticed that but I just ordered according to the weight. I only wanted to put one pic up lol dam phone. I was worried about fitment also. I was glad to see he was over the 55 mark so I didn't have to debate which one. I guess ur choice will depend if u let her get a lil fat. Or just hope she doesn't out grow it. My boy is only 9 months but I kinda let him get fat this winter but he will work it off in the summer. Or what u could do is go with there working/pulling harness. That is adjustable up to 100lbs with detachable pulling tracers. And that's 55$ .
it. lemme know how yours fits your boy. i emailed the guy and sent a few pics and he told me it will fit but i hate dealing with returns and crap. and my original point was about their weight pulling harnesses. the padded ones. did you order the walking harness?

T

Thatguy_603

Awards
it. lemme know how yours fits your boy. i emailed the guy and sent a few pics and he told me it will fit but i hate dealing with returns and crap. and my original point was about their weight pulling harnesses. the padded ones. did you order the walking harness?
No I got the regular pulling harness. But may also buy the other one and a pair of roller blades .

T

Thatguy_603

Awards
Recently revived my weight pulling harness. good quality . Shipping took about 2 weeks after I place my order. I will definitely be ordering from Stillwater kennel supply again in the future .

image-2251722633.jpg

T

Thatguy_603

Awards
Yes it fits. My pup is 58-60 lbs I think he could of fit in the large tho. I had him using it this weekend. Training him to pull is kinda a pain in the butt . But he is getting the hang of it.

T

TexasGuy

Awards
Yes it fits. My pup is 58-60 lbs I think he could of fit in the large tho. I had him using it this weekend. Training him to pull is kinda a pain in the butt . But he is getting the hang of it.
Let him pull it empty for treats to get used to the idea and gradually add weight. If you just load him up he will be confused and in his mind, arbitrarily tugging weight around doesn't make as much sense as taking it easy. Once he knows he's working he will click to it.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i used a friends harness for the weekend and Roxy didnt have any issues. i would run in front of her and she would chase me while pulling it. i know that isnt how you are supposed to do it, but im not into this for competition reasons, just to workout. she loves it