Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok guys I'm debating on going back to school

Nursing or physician assistant

Little background

I graduated with a bachelors in nutrition
Can't deal with ****ed up smells or other people soiling themselves
I have a lot of trouble with anything math related no matter how much help I get.
I can apply better then test

I'm looking into both programs as I'd like a job in the medical field knowing that when I am done with school I will be able to work as a nurse a pa or a teacher ( don't want to be a teacher but you get my point)

I'm looking for any information that can be given regarding either program as I'm looking to do this in NY.

Schools I'm looking at are Hofstra , NYIT, Molloy but I'd like to hear from people who completed the schooling to provide some information for me

I've been getting very eager to e able to work and have a career

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
physical therapist assistant = AA degree. was your bachelor in nutrition or dietetics? you can try going back for dietetics, do the internship, then open your own practice

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
physical therapist assistant = AA degree. was your bachelor in nutrition or dietetics? you can try going back for dietetics, do the internship, then open your own practice
It was accredited. I need clinical hours Ect and need to take the rd exam. In order to do that.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My wife had the same choice, went with APRN. They seem to have a more varied career track than PA, so her options will be a little more open than the typical clinic setting.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My wife had the same choice, went with APRN. They seem to have a more varied career track than PA, so her options will be a little more open than the typical clinic setting.
I saw how expensive the pa program was and with my grades in the chemistries it looks as though neither of these are now an option

Looking into mortician schooling. Maybe just go for my rd since I hav all the schooling but none of the clinical hours

I need to try and find a paid internship in the field

Math is not a strong point and neither is testing. I can apply very well and use my knowledge just can't reiterate it in tests. I think this is where the schooling system is very flawed

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
if youre good with nutrition then you should go rd. and im assuming fitness is your passion. a lot of rich kids/families use dieticians for "supplement advice" and exercise nutrition. point is, youd be learning about your passion and applying it if you live in the right areas like a suburb or town (not a farm or something like that). just be warned, youll be getting a lot of older clients too trying to fight off high bp, cholesterol, and organ damage from their medications (like kidney damage from bp meds). theyll expect youto be a semi magician

you can also look into personal training certifications if you dont mind ripping people off and getting ripped off by chain gyms. it doesnt pay very much though until you open your own gym

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have my pt cert and sports nutrition certs lol

Don't like the hospital setting

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established