Fucking awesome

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
For the first time since my first knee injury way back almost ten years ago, I've squatted over 250. It felt really fucking good is all I can say, and my knees, though they still give me the weather report before anyone else, seem to be holding up just fine and even hurting less than usual.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Well, ALL RIGHT!!! :thumbsup:

As a recent knee-injury comrade, I'm glad you got back to that level. I'm just starting rehab...

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear bro!

Injuries are a bitch.....

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Right on CBD...kepp on keepin on...just don't get cocky, lol. I always have to fight off superman syndrome when I get back on track 100%..we all know where that leads.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Nothing like a good puke inducing set of squats! Keep it up bro!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Nothing like a good puke inducing set of squats! Keep it up bro!
Yeah, I do a full body routine every other day right now, and squats are first. Otherwise I'd be so drained I couldn't do them. As for getting cocky, no way. I haven't squatted this much for so long because I got cocky and my knee gave out and the weight almost came down right on my neck when I fell. That was the injury that made me choose dead lifts for so long for my legs. Ever see that face people make when they realize how close they just came to being fucked for life? That was me for about ten minutes.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Did you see those pics of Jean Pierre Fux in Flex when he folded under 600 pounds during a photo shoot? It was sick. He blew out both knees and tore both quads. They even published sequential shots as it was crushing him!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Did you see those pics of Jean Pierre Fux in Flex when he folded under 600 pounds during a photo shoot? It was sick. He blew out both knees and tore both quads. They even published sequential shots as it was crushing him!
Never saw that, but I did see a pic once, posted it here but I think a mod may have removed the link, of a guy who was trying to squat some ungodly weight and literally blew his ass out. He put so much pressure on his insides that he gave himself a super hernia and pushed his stomach and instestines right through that membrane that keeps them in place.

He lived, but Jesus Christ the pain must have been incredible. Cautionary tales every should read, at least every now and again to remind themselves that there are limits to what we can and should do.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Not the sort of pictures one needs in mind prior to a one rep max test. Blaaaaah

Newb017

Banned
Awards
congrats on the comeback man, I feel your pain, though my injury was only a torn mcl it took me out of the squatting game for 5 months, i know how annoying that can be and shoot yours happened 10 years ago, i can't imagine the feeling of overcoming somethin you've been fighting for so long, I'd personally suggest some lighter higher rep sets for the time being, 185, 225 for reps, strengthen every up

congrats again and good luck on future progress