The Obese and Smokers-Obamacare where will it end...

De Courcy

De Courcy

Awards
If companies are forced by what Obamacare has done to make these groups pay more, well that may seem fair at first, after all they are more likely to have health problems, but how could you draw the line when one could argue by the same token that whites should pay more as they may be more likely to get skin cancer. My wife and I had this debate a couple days ago, and although I do not want to reveal the side I took, I am curious as to what thoughts others may have.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
My insight would be that smoking and obesity are 2 of the biggest drivers of healthcare costs by far. And both can be reversed with simply "not smoking" or "eating healthier". And the skin color issue is hardly a choice unlike the other 2... My 2cents.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
It's a misnomer anyways. It should be called sick care. Health care would pay my gym dues

De Courcy

De Courcy

Awards
Although it is labyrinthine to assume these days I would think even a young man like p5sky would not take kindly to being hoodwinked threeFs. He may be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, still I think he knows tire lifting when he sees it

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If companies are forced by what Obamacare has done to make these groups pay more, well that may seem fair at first, after all they are more likely to have health problems, but how could you draw the line when one could argue by the same token that whites should pay more as they may be more likely to get skin cancer. My wife and I had this debate a couple days ago, and although I do not want to reveal the side I took, I am curious as to what thoughts others may have.
www.yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

De Courcy

De Courcy

Awards
One is always on a slippery-slope when a female brings up a topic for debate