Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.53%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Re: Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters

Do you got one for sons??
  3. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

My last non-adult child is my 11yo daughter so it (daughters) has been a focal point for me these last few years.

Here is pdf preview of one study (material) that I have participated in:
    Raising a Modern Day Knight

You can find it here at Amazon Raising a Modern Day Knight

Here is a transcript of a study by the same author: Men's Fraternity: The Quest for Authentic Manhood
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.53%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Re: Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters

Thank You.. it looks like a good read.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

That
    Is
    Freaking
    Awesome

My 12 yr old daughter started coming to the gym with me a few months ago. I had her start squatting w the bar and she's up to 75 lbs now w perfect form. I'm trying to get the point across to her that strength comes from within. The older she gets, the more of a role model I'm trying to be for her. It's not always easy, but I'm trying...

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
  6. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    That
    Is
    Freaking
    Awesome

My 12 yr old daughter started coming to the gym with me a few months ago. I had her start squatting w the bar and she's up to 75 lbs now w perfect form. I'm trying to get the point across to her that strength comes from within. The older she gets, the more of a role model I'm trying to be for her. It's not always easy, but I'm trying...

Good for you!

We are powerfull, significant, influencial and destiny to our children. All we have to do is own it and step up to it. We create and (are to) cultivate our children. If we do not cultivate what we create (our garden) it will sprout weeds and kill out the fruit (spirtually and mentally healthy children).

My oldest daughter who is 24yo is training with a pro female IFBB to compete in a fitness competition. Watching her apply disciplines that she has watched me practice is such a blessing. I never set out to be that influence but in hindsight and recent insight into my innate influence in her life I am amazed to see so much of myself in her now. My hope is that the wisdom of my life outweighs the folly so she doesn't have to struggle with the ignorance that come with youth like I did.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.9%

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn
    so she doesn't have to struggle with the ignorance that come with youth like I did.
    Truer words have never been spoken

And congrats on your daughter getting ready to compete, but the forum would be disappointed if I didn't put this out there:

This thread is useless without pics!

8. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.53%

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    My hope is that the wisdom of my life outweighs the folly so she doesn't have to struggle with the ignorance that come with youth like I did.
    That's every parents hope, but unfortunately some things they are destined learn for themselves..IMO
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

This is a great read DD, and although the religious component is lost on me....the overall theme is tremendous and thank you

My daughter will be 10 very soon, so this rings true
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  10. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.66%

great post here i agree it makes a huge difference
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.03%

Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters

Thanks for the read, especially since I have a little girl now.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

My last non-adult child is my 11yo daughter so it (daughters) has been a focal point for me these last few years.

Here is pdf preview of one study (material) that I have participated in:
    Raising a Modern Day Knight

You can find it here at Amazon Raising a Modern Day Knight

Here is a transcript of a study by the same author: Men's Fraternity: The Quest for Authentic Manhood

My boss read this book and helped to change the way he interacts with his son in a very positive way!
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."
    Grieving the loss of Iron Flex Supplements and PHs/DSs!
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.45%

Great thread. Although, not a father yet, my dad had and continues to have a profound effect on my life. He's my best friend through and through.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Great read wow!!!! Best read I've seen in a lot time Dunn great job...I have a 2.5 year old and I teared up a bit
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.88%

And congrats on your daughter getting ready to compete, but the forum would be disappointed if I didn't put this out there:

image-378534945.jpg

My love^^^^^
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Great thread. Although, not a father yet, my dad had and continues to have a profound effect on my life. He's my best friend through and through.

I lost my father when I was 20 to cancer. You never truly get over it, you just get used to it. That was part of the reason I try to be so active with my daughter
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.88%

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post

I lost my father when I was 20 to cancer. You never truly get over it, you just get used to it. That was part of the reason I try to be so active with my daughter
    Totally agree and sadly my father is still around but I don't speak with him...he made my life a living hell with many type of abuse growing up along with him being a constant drug addict but my grandfather is my father figure and I love him dearly and will be devastated when he goes
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.45%

I hear you man. My dad is not in the greatest condition these days and it weighs on me heavily. I've looked up to my father since I was a child. He immigrated here, worked 3 jobs, received an education and managed to achieve so much, with so very little, and still found time to spend with me. To this day, I'm not even sure how he did it, how he was able to balance it all.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post

I hear you man. My dad is not in the greatest condition these days and it weighs on me heavily. I've looked up to my father since I was a child. He immigrated here, worked 3 jobs, received an education and managed to achieve with so little, and still found time to spend with me. To this day, I'm not even sure how he did it, how he was able to balance it all.
    Agreed. My father was a relatively uneducated immigrant who worked 7 days a week. But yet, we always had time to lift together. Part of the reason I push as hard as I do with lifting, my career and with my daughter. Not a day goes by I don't miss him, but I always know he would be quite proud of any success and hard work I have m
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post

Totally agree and sadly my father is still around but I don't speak with him...he made my life a living hell with many type of abuse growing up along with him being a constant drug addict but my grandfather is my father figure and I love him dearly and will be devastated when he goes
    I am sorry to hear that. Although I sympathize l, as I haven't spoken to my mother in a long time. It is very sad.
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.45%

Agreed. My father was a relatively uneducated immigrant who worked 7 days a week. But yet, we always had time to lift together. Part of the reason I push as hard as I do with lifting, my career and with my daughter. Not a day goes by I don't miss him, but I always know he would be quite proud of any success and hard work I have m

I could totally see how guys, especially if they are close to their fathers, lose themselves a bit after that's been taken out of their lives. I think I'd be a mess, admittedly.
  22. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Great read wow!!!! Best read I've seen in a lot time Dunn great job...I have a 2.5 year old and I teared up a bit
    I was balling last night trying to get through a chapter.
  23. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

I see my oldest daughter posting things on facebook about how "I am her inspiration" (she is training to compete), "I'm becoming my Dad", "I know where I get my quads from" or "my Dad raised us like such and such" and I am amazed at how influential I was and I was a kid myself doing the only thing I could - the very best I could because I was clueless because my father failed in that capacity. So to know that as incompetant and incapable as I was as a child raising a child I have fruits that are so sweet to the taste. It is surely a blessing to her as well.

Now with my 11yo I see how much I am able to mold (or break) her spirit or character. It is something that has me horrified and rejoicing at simultaniously. Everything about her is putty in my hands. What an honor and a privilege there is in parenting a daughter.

These little victories that I am fortunate to see may just save me from the impending mid-life crisis that is characteristic of a man my age.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.88%

I see my oldest daughter posting things on facebook about how "I am her inspiration" (she is training to compete), "I'm becoming my Dad", "I know where I get my quads from" or "my Dad raised us like such and such" and I am amazed at how influential I was and I was a kid myself doing the only thing I could - the very best I could because I was clueless because my father failed in that capacity. So to know that as incompetant and incapable as I was as a child raising a child I have fruits that are so sweet to the taste. It is surely a blessing to her as well.

Now with my 11yo I see how much I am able to mold (or break) her spirit or character. It is something that has me horrified and rejoicing at simultaniously. Everything about her is putty in my hands. What an honor and a privilege there is in parenting a daughter.

These little victories that I am fortunate to see may just save me from the impending mid-life crisis that is characteristic of a man my age.
    Great post Dunn I hope I can be as influential on my daughter...tomorrow we will be finding out if our 2nd child is a boy or a girl so that's exciting
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Good thread Dunn. I have not have the privilege of having any children yet but we do have plans and quite honestly it scares the **** out of me but on that note I really can't wait for the day to come.
  26. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

The Difference a Father Makes: Calling Out the Magnificent Destiny in Your Children

Ed McGlasson did our Men's Ministry Fall Kick-off a couple years back. Good guy, great story, good stuff.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%

Dr. Meg Meeker.
    All dads should read this but unfortunately you only need to pass a test to drive a car...
    She wrote one for mothers as well that I bought my wife.
  28. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Progress pics:
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.9%

Progress pics:
    wow, she's in fantastic shape. great shoulders and arms.

she's obviously put in a lot of work...
  30. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Yes, she is and she has. She makes her father proud.

Thanks!
  31. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Your daughter is very lucky to have a father who takes his responsibility as seriously as you do.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%

Yeah, cool stuff. I'm fortunate that I don't work weekends or all summer. I make sure to tell my daughters how most dads we know work all the time, travel, and aren't home to cook/any/bedtime stories.
    And as a teacher, clearly I don't make that much money. But I have tons of time with my family which is worth more than any income.
  33. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Our family understands that because I am an "underachiever" in my career ambitions I work reasonable hours for a reasonable salary which provides a reasonable lifestyle (reasonable today is roof, food and clothes). The downside is that I do not have the lifestyle of one who is very invested in creating a more wealthy and comfortable and luxurious lifestyle. The upside is that I am able to invest myself into my family.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%

Our family understands that because I am an "underachiever" in my career ambitions I work reasonable hours for a reasonable salary which provides a reasonable lifestyle (reasonable today is roof, food and clothes). The downside is that I do not have the lifestyle of one who is very invested in creating a more wealthy and comfortable and luxurious lifestyle. The upside is that I am able to invest myself into my family.
    yep, my philosophy exactly. My brother who makes $200k is tied to his crack Berry 24/7. Works all holidays and is basically on call forever. He's a hotel manager but doesn't get to see his kids much.
  35. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Always have to find the balance. When I got a big promotion a few years back, I made the deal with my wife that work stays just there not at home. So in essence, while at work I work like crazy and that allows me to be at "home" with my daughter. The balance is so necessary. Daughters truly need their fathers influence m
  36. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Yes, she is and she has. She makes her father proud.

Thanks!
    I am pretty impressed with her progress and wanted to show off some...429183_10101018344910653_1095552421_n.jpg
    481393_10101017027266223_1754096918_n.jpg
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%

Wow Sir. So do you design her training? What about school athletics? The boys come knockin all the time, I bet.
  38. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

No. Unfortunately she lives about 2000 miles from me with her husband in Savannah GA. She hired an IFBB female trainer. She always calls her Dad for advice
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%

She always calls her Dad for advice
    The one phrase that sums up all thoughts and dreams of a real father.
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

No. Unfortunately she lives about 2000 miles from me with her husband in Savannah GA. She hired an IFBB female trainer. She always calls her Dad for advice
    Absolutely awesome. That truly is what all of us fathers should strive for.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How strong was Arnold?
    By The Doberman in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 10:33 AM
  2. Strong and Big?? Who?
    By DieTrying in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 10:03 AM