Help me buy a car for my girl

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Help me buy a car for my girl


    Ok so my fiance needs a new car (or used!) ASAP. Her car which has been dying a slow death is now nearly completely dead. We are tired of fighting it. Time to go for a new one. I haven't bought a car in years though, and with the wealth of information, research, etc out there now what do I need to know? Here's some help:

    1. We are probably looking in the range of 5-10,000 dollars.

    2. We want a car with good gas mileage.

    3. We want something reliable and long lasting that isn't going to require maintenance.

    So what do I need to know? What models would you recommend? Should we spend more and go new? Just hoping to get a dialogue going and learn some things to help make a better decision.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Ok so my fiance needs a new car (or used!) ASAP. Her car which has been dying a slow death is now nearly completely dead. We are tired of fighting it. Time to go for a new one. I haven't bought a car in years though, and with the wealth of information, research, etc out there now what do I need to know? Here's some help:

    1. We are probably looking in the range of 5-10,000 dollars.

    2. We want a car with good gas mileage.

    3. We want something reliable and long lasting that isn't going to require maintenance.

    So what do I need to know? What models would you recommend? Should we spend more and go new? Just hoping to get a dialogue going and learn some things to help make a better decision.
    As much as I hate foreign cars it sounds like you want a civic.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    As much as I hate foreign cars it sounds like you want a civic.
    Fu....I love Honda!!!
    "Difficult things take a long time, impossible things take a little longer."
    OG Punjabi Avenger

  4. image-1926227599.jpg

    This is my car btw!!
    "Difficult things take a long time, impossible things take a little longer."
    OG Punjabi Avenger

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Ok so my fiance needs a new car (or used!) ASAP. Her car which has been dying a slow death is now nearly completely dead. We are tired of fighting it. Time to go for a new one. I haven't bought a car in years though, and with the wealth of information, research, etc out there now what do I need to know? Here's some help:

    1. We are probably looking in the range of 5-10,000 dollars.

    2. We want a car with good gas mileage.

    3. We want something reliable and long lasting that isn't going to require maintenance.

    So what do I need to know? What models would you recommend? Should we spend more and go new? Just hoping to get a dialogue going and learn some things to help make a better decision.
    Your definitely gonna want a civic. Corollas are good as well look for 05 or newer if you buy used off of Craigslist or anything like that take it In to a shop and have it compression tested. If you have any other questions on what to look for you can pm me.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
    Your definitely gonna want a civic. Corollas are good as well look for 05 or newer if you buy used off of Craigslist or anything like that take it In to a shop and have it compression tested. If you have any other questions on what to look for you can pm me.
    Let's keep this idea going guys.

    What year of civic should I be looking around? 2006 and up? When buying should I really go off craigslist? That just seems so risky to me lol. I know a lot of people do it. Used car salesman advantages vs. craigslist, auto trader, or other online? Disadvantages?

    Also, I know the Civic has gotten a lot of responses so far, but other ideas just in case she hates the Civic for some reason?
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post

    Let's keep this idea going guys.

    What year of civic should I be looking around? 2006 and up? When buying should I really go off craigslist? That just seems so risky to me lol. I know a lot of people do it. Used car salesman advantages vs. craigslist, auto trader, or other online? Disadvantages?

    Also, I know the Civic has gotten a lot of responses so far, but other ideas just in case she hates the Civic for some reason?
    I like the late 90's model for civics personally.

    Like being used very loosely here.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post

    Let's keep this idea going guys.

    What year of civic should I be looking around? 2006 and up? When buying should I really go off craigslist? That just seems so risky to me lol. I know a lot of people do it. Used car salesman advantages vs. craigslist, auto trader, or other online? Disadvantages?

    Also, I know the Civic has gotten a lot of responses so far, but other ideas just in case she hates the Civic for some reason?
    Honda anything would be way good. They make a really good car. If you go with Honda all the way back to late 90's would be fine. If you want newer you're fine with any ford after 2006. Or Hyundai as well. Just make sure to go newer years with them.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I like the late 90's model for civics personally.

    Like being used very loosely here.
    Yeah trust me this isn't a look at my sweet car type thread lol. My fiance needs a reliable point A-Point B car for the time being. We are a few years from getting something nice. That will be a different thread then. And that car will be for me I already have a decent car, but she needs one like yesterday.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!

  10. If u want reliable:

    Honda fit
    Nissan sentra/versa
    Toyo corola or 90s camry

    If you want something really good on gas go with a vw golf or jetta TDI diesel. I got a golf tdi and get 650-700 miles per 12gal tank. has its cons thou
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by punjabimunde View Post
    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=73 414"/>

    This is my car btw!!
    Nice bro this is my beast...



    image-3453477914.jpg
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    [email protected]
    www.pni-online.com

  12. 2008-2010 ford focus! Amazing on gas and cheap!!!!
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    [email protected]
    www.pni-online.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post

    Nice bro this is my beast...

    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=73 416"/>
    Nice!!! That's not evo rite?? Evo is next on my list
    "Difficult things take a long time, impossible things take a little longer."
    OG Punjabi Avenger

  14. Mercedes Benz white or royal blue BMW 328
  15. SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"

  16. What is that? Honda what? I like the looks of it.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post
    Mercedes Benz white or royal blue BMW 328
    Spark me a grant for those bad boys? Lol. Probably a touch out of our current price range
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    What is that? Honda what? I like the looks of it.
    2009 Honda civic SI
    "Difficult things take a long time, impossible things take a little longer."
    OG Punjabi Avenger

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    What is that? Honda what? I like the looks of it.
    its actually an 06 honda civic si!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    its actually an 06 honda civic si!
    Me likey.

    Anyone else have suggestions on the actual buying of the car? Where to look? What to look for in terms of deals? Basically how can I avoid getting too screwed? I've got some checklists for used cars off the internet on what to look for with test drives.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post

    Me likey.

    Anyone else have suggestions on the actual buying of the car? Where to look? What to look for in terms of deals? Basically how can I avoid getting too screwed? I've got some checklists for used cars off the internet on what to look for with test drives.
    Look at Craigslist postings and compare with the bluebook.

    As long as you have a little knowledge of cars you should be able to find some good ones once you start looking.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Look at Craigslist postings and compare with the bluebook.

    As long as you have a little knowledge of cars you should be able to find some good ones once you start looking.
    So you would recommend buying from Craigslist and not from a certified used car dealer? I'm guessing Craigslist might have some cheaper prices as the markup wouldn't be so bad? Doesn't that have it's own risks however?
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!

  23. My bro just got a 2012 hundayi sonata lease. $2k down under 150 a month payment. Really nice car man. Bluetooth, satellite radio. 4cyl great on gas. 3 year lease also!

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post

    So you would recommend buying from Craigslist and not from a certified used car dealer? I'm guessing Craigslist might have some cheaper prices as the markup wouldn't be so bad? Doesn't that have it's own risks however?
    I Would.

    If you have any friends that work on cars I would just take one with you when you go look at them.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post

    Spark me a grant for those bad boys? Lol. Probably a touch out of our current price range
    I will always recommend a new car, no im not a car dealer, there's a lot of reasons. You could put 5g down on a nice new Honda accord or civic and finance the rest.

    I know a dealer at Mercedes personally (if you know what I mean). I could get something (a few grand not to much) knocked off but you would have to come to NYC. On a day that my friend is at the dealer.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post

    I will always recommend a new car, no im not a car dealer, there's a lot of reasons. You could put 5g down on a nice new Honda accord or civic and finance the rest.

    I know a dealer at Mercedes personally (if you know what I mean). I could get something (a few grand not to much) knocked off but you would have to come to NYC. On a day that my friend is at the dealer.
    Definitely less "risks" when you buy from a dealer but if you have a friend or know someone who knows a little bit about cars you'd be fine with buying off Craigslist.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by av6258 View Post
    My bro just got a 2012 hundayi sonata lease. $2k down under 150 a month payment. Really nice car man. Bluetooth, satellite radio. 4cyl great on gas. 3 year lease also!
    I second this if you can swing the monthly payment. Just had one of these 2 weeks ago as a rental when my truck was in for body work (wife crashed my 2 week old truck!!!). The car really impressed me, great power for a 4 cyl. fully loaded and suprisingly big inside. I have 2 kids and the car seats fit with plently of extra room.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by cmitch View Post

    Definitely less "risks" when you buy from a dealer but if you have a friend or know someone who knows a little bit about cars you'd be fine with buying off Craigslist.
    Most deff just make sure that your friend that knows about cars is a mechanic,

  29. What u mean u don't wanna do maintenance? Every car requires it but Honda and Toyota are what ur lookin for. If u go for somethin over 80k miles, make sure timing belt, tensioner and water pump were done or get it done urself

  30. sounds like you need a honda
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 10:40 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 11:45 PM
  3. Help for my girl friend
    By ProPopper in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 01:45 PM
  4. Rhodiola Rosea for my girl
    By mattster in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 01:22 PM
  5. a diet for my girl
    By madmuscle in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-26-2003, 09:43 PM
Log in
Log in