Pins in California

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Okay, here's some good news for those who use pins to ingest their supps. I just had a training update where I was informed that California has passed a law where pins will be legal to sell/possess in authorized counties. Basically, the law allows each county in California to allow the sales of pins from pharmacies. Once a county allows this, then each city in the county must abide by it. The law allows a person to purchase up to 10 pins at a time, from a particular location. The law does not say a person can not go from place-to-place, purchasing 10 pins at each one. No prescription would be required to make the purchases.

Also, I brought up one question about a person possessing pins in a county which has not inacted the law, but purchased them from a location where it is legal. I was informed that if it was found that it is legal in the location where it was purchased, then it would be legal for the person to possess.

The law is supposed to take effect in 2005. The book where this was all cited from is not available to me at this time. When it is, I will cite the decision.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
it was illegal to possess pins before?

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Right now, pins are illegal to possess in California. Unless, you are a diabetic, then only the diabetic syringes are legal. In fact, there are two laws that cover the possession of pins...4140 B&P and 11364 H&S. The laws pretty much cover any reason to possess them.

I guess California passed the law to try to give people (drug users) a place where they can get clean rigs and not share them to help prevent the spread of HIV and other diseases.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
The law is supposed to take effect in 2005. The book where this was all cited from is not available to me at this time. When it is, I will cite the decision.
Untill then you have to stay natural:run:

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Sweet :D Those hippies and heroin junkies finally did something good here in Cali :D j/k!!
LOL! The people pushing the bill must have been from the Bay area. Kinda like the medicinal marijuana bill. That bill,like this one, is very vague and open to interpretation :blink:

It is my understanding that C.P.O.A. (California Peace Officers Association), which is a very good group, lobbied hard to no avail to get that law to go by the wayside. Now, they are lobbying with each of California's counties trying to get them to not enact the law. However, even if the law does not get enacted in the counties, one could purchase from another source (online) and legally possess them. Just keep your receipts in case there is a question about it. I'm hoping they will also include some free drop off spots for the used pins.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Sweet :D Those hippies and heroin junkies finally did something good here in Cali :D j/k!!
Finally I can shoot up at Capitola beach while a hippie chick is smoking me out. And I thought hippies were a useless economic burden all this time :D