if your ordering any supps before 4-22, READ

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
well i was looking up some information and came across a site called www.thepowerstore.com which has ok prices but from 3-23-03 to 4-23 they have a 50% off discount on everything. tons of products, really cheap.

if you can hold up or save ya pennies til then, try this site when you order your supplements. just a lil something i found and wanted to share with yall :D

Peace

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea, looks like they have some good prices

6oxo for $20
detour bars for $16
nlarge2 10lb for $24
fuzu for $15

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
wtf? You kiding me? What are the catches? Kick ass find Ralph.....

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
lol thats what i said !! i searched high and dry, all i could find close to a catch is order within the 50% off sale date ... duh! but ya 10lbs of optimum 100% whey is only 32$ ... and shipping is pretty cheap, 6.95$.

2demon2

Awards
This is *not* a 50% discount.

Years ago I used to order from this place all the time, because they had great prices and service. Then the owner, Dave Greenwalt, started playing all sorts of games just like this with the prices. For instance, if you subscribed to his expensive "Coaching Club," you got good prices on supps. If you didn't, you had to pay above-average prices.

This current 50% deal means that you'll get a gift certificate worth 50% of your current normal purchase. When you get that certificate, you have a very small window within which you can use it. I wouldn't be surprised if the certificate just happened to show up very close to the deadline. Not to mention that if you do get the chance to use the certificate, you'll have to use it on products with inflated prices.

Bottom line: Do not be fooled.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by 2demon2
This is *not* a 50% discount.

Years ago I used to order from this place all the time, because they had great prices and service. Then the owner, Dave Greenwalt, started playing all sorts of games just like this with the prices. For instance, if you subscribed to his expensive "Coaching Club," you got good prices on supps. If you didn't, you had to pay above-average prices.

This current 50% deal means that you'll get a gift certificate worth 50% of your current normal purchase. When you get that certificate, you have a very small window within which you can use it. I wouldn't be surprised if the certificate just happened to show up very close to the deadline. Not to mention that if you do get the chance to use the certificate, you'll have to use it on products with inflated prices.

Bottom line: Do not be fooled.
phew thanks for the heads up bro. damn yj, guess it was to good to be true :(

RonB

Awards
Actually it's not 50% off everything over that time period. Essentially the way it works, is that if you buy products now at full price (not 50% off) they will email you a gift certificate in the amount of half your current purchase. That gift certificate is then redeemable during those dates.

Example, (I am making up the prices), Buy 2 bottle of 1 AD for $60 a bottle, total price of $120, you get a gift certificate emailed to you for $60, redeemable during those dates (sometime in March through April).

Overall, I think the Powerstore's prices are competetive, you can find cheaper, but you can definitely do worse. I still think it's a pretty good deal. I just ordered from there, and they did in fact email the gift certificate.

I did some quick math and compared my order, which totaled to $180 to another site. My order there would have been closer to $150. But I am getting a $90 gift certificate, granted I will be redeeming it on stuff that's a little higher priced, but the point here is you come out a decent amount ahead of the game.

I hope some of that made sense.....

2demon2

Awards
Sorry, but their prices are hardly competitive. For example, a 10-lb. bag of Optimum Whey for $64 doesn't quite cut it in my book. And 1-AD for $52.40? Please. Of course, those are just two examples. See for yourself.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
ya, months back i found that site and fell off my seat seeing the inital member prices. then calculated their catch and it just aint worth it. of course, me being a person who goes out of his way to save extra money, i tried to bring powerstores' prices to easypricematch....ya, they werent buying it. (ha) Sage

RonB

Awards
Perhaps you are right, I'd like it to be known that I have only ordered from there a handfull of times, and the order I just placed was the first time in over 2 years I ordered from there.

I agree completely with you that you have to watch out, and I am sure you are right that there prices are too high in general. For my specific purchase however it made sense. I took 5-10 minutes before I bought and compared it to DPS Nutrition and yes it was more expensive, but I do plan to use the gift certificate and will probably end up $30-40 better off.

I don't think it is necessarily for everyone, but depending on what you are buying I think you could possibly save a little money, if of course you redeem the gift certificate, if you don't then heck yeah you are coming out on the short end.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
good damn find bro!!! hell yeah... 33 bux for 10 lbs of optimum!