Resolution noobs

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    How do you like it out there? I always lived around Houston and am looking to go somewhere besides there when I get out there.

    Been looking for land and pricing.
    city when you want it, suburbs for the rest of the time. My city literally borders Austin so that's pretty nice. we have the most sporadic weather however, but that might be all of Texas. :P


  2. I usually save the first 2 weeks of January for rest time off from the gym, but not this year :P
    •   
       


  3. I thought it was just here in Colorado, but the resolution crowd appears to have hit early everywhere! Not that I would know, but I assume this is what a herpes flare up is like. Just consider yourselves lucky that you don't live in a state where every ******* in the gym has aspirations of running the Boston, New York, and Chicago marathon and doing a Tough Mudder. A participation medal doesn't count as a 1'st place trophy! And a completion tshirt isn't a substitute for hard earned muscle!

    R.I.P. 100lb dumbell, you'll have one from the "pair" in my gym to keep you company in steel valhalla.
    “Only as a warrior can one withstand the path of knowledge. A warrior cannot complain or regret anything. His life is an endless challenge, and challenges cannot possibly be good or bad. Challenges are simply challenges.”

  4. I have 24/7 access to my gym. I'm allowed to plug my iPod into the gyms surround sound. Yell, drop stuff, get chalk everywhere. It's only crossfit people around 1130, powerlifters in the afternoon/evening, and a couple random guys here and there. No signs of infestation yet.

    I did see a guy in the Target checkout line buying some ab rocker thing and 25lb dumbells....he's about to get shredded and jacked I imagine
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I did see a guy in the Target checkout line buying some ab rocker thing and 25lb dumbells....he's about to get shredded and jacked I imagine
    Gettin' hyooooge lol

    I lift at a commercial gym and they started a deal a while back for 10 bux/month, no contract. Seriously. Bad went to worse, now it's to the point that I have to tell people I want to squat and they need to get out of the rack because I can't squat with their ez bars or dumbbells but they can still curl with them. You just shouldn't have to explain to someone that a power rack is for the heavy work, so stay the f out of my rack if you aren't doing it. I'm polite, but it wears on your patience a little at a time.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I have 24/7 access to my gym. I'm allowed to plug my iPod into the gyms surround sound. Yell, drop stuff, get chalk everywhere. It's only crossfit people around 1130, powerlifters in the afternoon/evening, and a couple random guys here and there. No signs of infestation yet.

    I did see a guy in the Target checkout line buying some ab rocker thing and 25lb dumbells....he's about to get shredded and jacked I imagine
    NO SHAKE WEIGHT?!

    Cool gym owners though, I am going to start using chalk again

  7. Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post

    NO SHAKE WEIGHT?!

    Cool gym owners though, I am going to start using chalk again
    I need to buy some chalk. The on post gym has some but my off post gym doesn't provide it so I need my own.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by brenthebdog View Post
    I thought it was just here in Colorado, but the resolution crowd appears to have hit early everywhere! Not that I would know, but I assume this is what a herpes flare up is like. Just consider yourselves lucky that you don't live in a state where every ******* in the gym has aspirations of running the Boston, New York, and Chicago marathon and doing a Tough Mudder. A participation medal doesn't count as a 1'st place trophy! And a completion tshirt isn't a substitute for hard earned muscle!

    R.I.P. 100lb dumbell, you'll have one from the "pair" in my gym to keep you company in steel valhalla.
    Lol I just want my nice things back

  9. Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post
    They are already at my gym

    And another guy was curling in the squat rack, yet even though he was standing right in front of the mirror his right arm went up 2 inches quicker than the left.

    Lastly someone slammed a 100 lb dumb bell and it broke into two 50 lbers... Now my gym is taking away my nice things (the second pair)

    Anyone else have a similar infestation?
    Seems there are several in every gym, I hate that crap with a passion. Day dreaming on the machines seems to be another problem. I usually recommend alternatives to these people and try to point out the error in their ways. Sometimes I make recommendations to the staff if people keep doing stupid things.

    Sorry, but there is no reason to do curls of a squat rack, if you can't lift the weight off the ground, you don't deserve to be curling it.
    Last edited by timvalen; 12-28-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: additions

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post

    Gettin' hyooooge lol

    I lift at a commercial gym and they started a deal a while back for 10 bux/month, no contract. Seriously. Bad went to worse, now it's to the point that I have to tell people I want to squat and they need to get out of the rack because I can't squat with their ez bars or dumbbells but they can still curl with them. You just shouldn't have to explain to someone that a power rack is for the heavy work, so stay the f out of my rack if you aren't doing it. I'm polite, but it wears on your patience a little at a time.
    Obviously the squat rack is to place your ez curl bar at hip level and nothing else!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    I need to buy some chalk. The on post gym has some but my off post gym doesn't provide it so I need my own.
    When I go to the gym that isn't mine, I've got a chalk sock I stole from a rock climbing gym. I imagine you could do the same...or just buy one. They're handy, discreet, and last forever.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    When I go to the gym that isn't mine, I've got a chalk sock I stole from a rock climbing gym. I imagine you could do the same...or just buy one. They're handy, discreet, and last forever.
    That's a fantastic idea.

  13. Buddy uses one all the time, amazon for a few bucks. I just bring in straight chalk in my bag; I only use it on my work sets of deadlift or if I'm trying for a PR in a compound and I clean the bar when I'm done. I just avoid making a big mess and people seem to leave me alone about it.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    I need to buy some chalk. The on post gym has some but my off post gym doesn't provide it so I need my own.
    Ya any sports/outdoor store should have little bags of it. I love chalk grip, screw straps

  15. i havent noticed any new people yet but i hope theres gonna be some decent looking bishes cumming soon
    my bro science >>> your bro science, its a way of life

  16. Quote Originally Posted by demondrol View Post
    i havent noticed any new people yet but i hope theres gonna be some decent looking bishes cumming soon
    I hope so, at least a couple would be appreciated

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    When I go to the gym that isn't mine, I've got a chalk sock I stole from a rock climbing gym. I imagine you could do the same...or just buy one. They're handy, discreet, and last forever.
    i lost
    my bro science >>> your bro science, its a way of life

  18. I think I'm the only one in my gym who times his rest intervals and TUT sets with a stopwatch. Keeps me in check though I'm never at an exercise longer then I need to be and I always let others work in

  19. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    I think I'm the only one in my gym who times his rest intervals and TUT sets with a stopwatch. Keeps me in check though I'm never at an exercise longer then I need to be and I always let others work in
    lol from now on I am going to take one of these to the gym with me for when I allow someone to "work in" and they lolly gag

    this.jpg

    and be like "hey fcker, I let YOU work in WITH ME!!! not the other way around"

  20. thats why i train at home till feb then new year wasters will be gone by then its back to normal

  21. if it wasnt so damn cold I would already be at metroflex trust me

  22. Just witnessed a chick doing sets of 250+ reps on the leg extensions machine. when i came in she was on a treadmill with incline at max, climbing fast and chewing her iPod cable. To begin with I thought she was a mong but no, just a January noob.

  23. @chub video it it be funny to watch put it on you tube it was on facebook other day a guy drinking six cans of diet coke on treadmill what a plank

  24. Haha.....that is hilarious. I'm so sick of seeing those PF commercials....people like us helped build this industry and inspire millions to change their ways, and now they are trying to make us look bad.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by crazierthanu View Post
    Haha.....that is hilarious. I'm so sick of seeing those PF commercials....people like us helped build this industry and inspire millions to change their ways, and now they are trying to make us look bad.
    Lol I don't see the motivation to become ordinary/mediocre. Trashing the people with superior physiques just doesn't add up
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Noob question
    By johnyIROC in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 03:00 PM
  2. Yet, ANOTHER methyl-test Question. (noob)
    By thepizmo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 10:08 PM
  3. Noob question about milk thisle
    By NoviceSekinHelp in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2003, 04:14 PM
  4. NooB to the board, NooB to lifting.
    By i am small in forum Pics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-03-2003, 02:01 PM
  5. Directions for Noob transdermal users.
    By txwakeskater in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 11:49 PM
Log in
Log in