McCain vows to take action if MLB doesn't

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i don't think it would hold up in the supreme court
it seems to me that a government imposed drug test is effectively a "search" which would be unconstitutional based on the 4th amendment "illegal unwarranted search and seizure clause"

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
he's mad cause my lats, pecs, tris, bi's, quads, hams, glutes, delts, traps, rhomboids, calves, and abs are all around bigger, sexier, and more defined than his. he's a "hater"

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Tall and Sexy himself..

Come on guys.. this is a man god just look at him here ;)

Attachments

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
The liberal-republican is still running for president.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Nothing beats state-run professional sports. Can't wait to hear whether congress decides to keep instant replay in football and whether they raise the salary cap or not.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
i don't think it would hold up in the supreme court
it seems to me that a government imposed drug test is effectively a "search" which would be unconstitutional based on the 4th amendment "illegal unwarranted search and seizure clause"
Nope.

It's a "search" if the government administers the test and/or takes action on the results.

Which is not how this would be done. How they'd probably do it is require the governing bodies (MLB, NBA, NFL, etc) to implement certain drug testing procedures and certain penalties for violations (like suspensions, etc).

Look, I have the same feelings about steroid use as most of the rest of you, but the bottom line is, most of us use them for our own purposes, so that we can look good, be strong, etc. Personally, I feel that steroids should be allowed in sports. But as of now, they are not, and by using them, some athletes are breaking the rules. If the rules say you can't use steroids, how is using them any different then using a corked bat?

/karp