Man, you try to help out someone....

• Thread starter PastorofMuppets
  • Start date

PastorofMuppets

Awards
The gym that I go to decided that they would try to sell prohormones before the ban.

I tried to recommend to the sales guy online sources that are high quality and low priced but NOOOOOOOOOOOo

They are selling gaspari and VPX! The have a "special" one bottle of vpx paradeca + one bottle of oxanavar + one bottle of VPX "oral" OHT...for get this....$200!!!!

The sales guy got a little ticked when I mentioned the m-dien scandal that gaspari went through. He said "yeah, well who did the study?" me: Pat Arnold had it done by a third party.

Him: "Patrick Arnold, who is that?"

Me: "nevermind man, good luck unloading your inventory"

*sigh*

I tried to tell him that he should have bought the brands I recommended (designer, custom) and had a much bigger profit margin, but nope, gotta go with the flashy ads.

Jeesh.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Umm did you say something? I was busy looking at your avatar. :D
Seriously though, I hear you. Most of the time it's just not worth your time.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, anytime you come off has having even the most remote good ideas, a salesman always has the better idea..... it's worthless talking to guys like that.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
i have talked with guys and its hard to get them off the big names. but thanks for the help anyway.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Fact of the matter is that it's easier to sell big brand name supplements. The advertising is already done so really the product will sell itself. People also assume that the company and it's products must be good otherwise the company wouldn't be in the position that it's in.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I talk to ppl all the time, but I guess if they don't see an ad in "FLEX" that says you'll put on 20lbs of muscle in 2 weeks they just don't care.

I've got a friend who's managing a GNC Store here at my local mall. He knows his body pretty well, so I want to get him to try out Glucophase XR and Lean Xtreme. Maybe he can try to get them in there...hopefully he'll be a little more open about things. He knows I do my reading ;)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Fact of the matter is that it's easier to sell big brand name supplements.
Yes I agree to an extent but a good salesman can overcome that. When I worked at Vitamin Shoppe & Great Earth (supp retailers) I would use the Nike example. I would say "the reason you pay $150 for Nike is the ads, you can get the same quality product from the Vitamin Shoppe at 20% less because Y brand has to charge you for their advertising" Doesn't work all the time but when you get people noticng the amount of $$$ they save than it changes the circumstances for those customers who have a slightly open mind to alternative products

BTW, it's pretty damm crazy how someone can get offended when you men well. Myabe that guy at the gym only wants people to tell him what he wants to hear, there's lots of people like that out there

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Pastormuppets,with an avatar like that you should be required to post at least 25 times a day...LOL