what the best horror film you seen mines hills have eyes and wrong turn

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sound of Music - Julie Andrews makes my spine chill.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre....started the slasher genre

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go see :

The collection

It's a new movie. Gory. It's awesome. The killers mask is weak and stupid but movie was great

Bet horror I've ever seen? Hmm that's hard to say there are many different genres with in horror

I personally like:
Trick r treat
Reborn
Candyman
Midnight movie
The shrine
Pet sematery

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hills have eyes was great also. First was betterthen the second bit the way the second started was nice

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Wrong turn was pretty good, original silver bullet, phantasm

meathead249

meathead249

Awards
Nightmare on elm street was ace tho classic horror

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Hellraiser

kimmy gibler

kimmy gibler

Awards
check out the movie ''the loved ones'' you can get it from a redbox. really screwed up horror flick. you will not be disappointed.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hills run red

Frayed

Those 2 are also great

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Scanners freaked me out when I saw it as a kid. Parents didn't tell a 6 year old kid about exploding heads.

Faceless is a cold, evil film. Graphic facial peelings and a sick premise.

Martyrs is a newer film that is completely sickening to sit through.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
28 weeks later

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like Rob Zombies flicks.

Actually one of my favorite horror films is called High Tension. It's in french so you do need to deal with subtitles, but it is simply solid classic horror/terror flick, good gore, simple plot line, with a simple, but just right amount of twist to it. None of that eleventy billion twists in one movie like the Saw series crap. It essence High Tension takes it back to the roots of the genre.

blueice

Awards
Hills have Eyes, Friday the 13 and Texas Chainsaw Massacre

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Event horizon, in the mouth of madness, insidious off the top of my head.

American horror story seasons one and two is boss also

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Event horizon, in the mouth of madness, insidious off the top of my head.

American horror story seasons one and two is boss also

Totally forgot about Event Horizon. Damn good flick. Insidious was not too shabby.

MissKaz

MissKaz

Awards
My faves:
Insideous
Paranormal Activity Movies
Hills have Eyes
:D

meathead249

meathead249

Awards
i watched land of dead other night not scary but i liked it

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Lol...there are some strange choices im seeing here. I'm a huge horror fan and absolutely love the genre. Just some of my favs:

1. The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre - saw this movie at an age that could be deemed as "too young" lol. F'kin scared the life outta me
2. Halloween (original) - I do enjoy Rob Zombies remakes though.
3. Event Horizon - Saw this on a recommendation, always thought it was strictly sci-fi, but its pretty messed up.
4. Scream - Still think the first in the series is an absolute classic. All the follow ups took things too far. Ya also gotta appreciate all the old school horror movie references.
5. The Omen (original)
6. The Shining - such a kickass movie it's not even funny. I heard there's another 3 hours of cut footage owned by the Kubrick family we will never see.
7. Sleepaway Camp - the ending is funny and disturbing at the same time.
8. Silence of the Lambs - so intensely creepy and frightening
9. Cabin Fever

that's just a couple. Would love more convo on horror movies
anyone into the Evil Dead movies? There's a remake coming out that looks pretty messed up. Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell both endorse it and have admitted that if they had the technology then that we have today, this remake is what they would have done. Supposed to be super gory.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can't wait for new evil dead!

Great list btw

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Its blowing my mind that so many people have insidious on their lists here. I thought it was kind of creepy, and all the sudden jolts meant to make you jump were fun, but overall I didn't find it very scary at all. The premise behind it however, the astral walkers/dimensions, etc is very intriguing and kind of scary.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Its blowing my mind that so many people have insidious on their lists here. I thought it was kind of creepy, and all the sudden jolts meant to make you jump were fun, but overall I didn't find it very scary at all. The premise behind it however, the astral walkers/dimensions, etc is very intriguing and kind of scary.
Well it had originality. That goes a long way.

Question, have you seen the phantasm series? I always feel that was underrated in the time of Jason, Freddy, etc

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Yes I've seen the Phantasm movies, albeit not in quite some time. I agree they got overlooked, which I would have to attribute to that being the time that the common slasher flicks were carving their own nitch in the genre. I put that on the level of the Hellraiser movies. Both were really creepy and entertaining. Seems like they came out in a time where they were overshadowed though.

what about the original "Last House on the Left" & "I Spit On Your Grave"? Those were some pretty intense exploitation films who have had recent remakes that I actually think were half decent.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I lied the remakes, but those left out some sick stuff. If rob zombie would have done em they would have been sicker lol.

Doesn't he have a witch movie coming out?

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The face removal surgery scenes in "Faceless" were pretty intense, and the whole movie had an icy 80s cruelty to it.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I lied the remakes, but those left out some sick stuff. If rob zombie would have done em they would have been sicker lol.

Doesn't he have a witch movie coming out?

the name of it is "The Lords of Salem". Looks pretty cool. Funny you mentioned that, I just watched House of 1000 Corpses last night.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the name of it is "The Lords of Salem". Looks pretty cool. Funny you mentioned that, I just watched House of 1000 Corpses last night.
Classic flick

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Yes I've seen the Phantasm movies, albeit not in quite some time. I agree they got overlooked, which I would have to attribute to that being the time that the common slasher flicks were carving their own nitch in the genre. I put that on the level of the Hellraiser movies. Both were really creepy and entertaining. Seems like they came out in a time where they were overshadowed though.

what about the original "Last House on the Left" & "I Spit On Your Grave"? Those were some pretty intense exploitation films who have had recent remakes that I actually think were half decent.
last house original is a classic. i still enjoy the hellraiser's and phantasm's

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just saw Evil Dead and man that was intense! Deviates from the original but I still liked it.

Granted I have the original on VHS so it is useless to me now lol

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
F horror films. I'm the biggest scaredy cat out there. If I see or hear something horror related, I won't be sleeping that night without a huge sleed aid dose. And if I do sleep without a sleep aid, nightmares (I mean horribly scary) will occur every single time.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I took a horror film course in college.....was hooked ever since. Absolutely love them, but our modern ones are not true horror films n

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I took a horror film course in college.....was hooked ever since. Absolutely love them, but our modern ones are not true horror films n
I beg to differ.

Times have changed film has evolved.

Some movies dating back to the 80s when looking at them now you see the progression of film

90s horror was better as it was the beginning of new graphics better acting and original ideas.

80s going back showed less left more to the imagination which is all good. But remember the original Texas chainsaw. What was left up to us as imagination

I personally love seeing the killing the progression of the kill and how each movie leads up to it

Recent movies became to one note. Find one kill then repeat

The collection (2012) and rob zombies films were both great and I can't wait to see more

Cult horror classics like killer klowns from outer space I feel needs a redo as its old graphics where wack and acting was terrible. Couple that with a good director and screen play writer change a few things to make it more gruesome would be a big win!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I beg to differ.

Times have changed film has evolved.

Some movies dating back to the 80s when looking at them now you see the progression of film

90s horror was better as it was the beginning of new graphics better acting and original ideas.

80s going back showed less left more to the imagination which is all good. But remember the original Texas chainsaw. What was left up to us as imagination

I personally love seeing the killing the progression of the kill and how each movie leads up to it

Recent movies became to one note. Find one kill then repeat

The collection (2012) and rob zombies films were both great and I can't wait to see more

Cult horror classics like killer klowns from outer space I feel needs a redo as its old graphics where wack and acting was terrible. Couple that with a good director and screen play writer change a few things to make it more gruesome would be a big win!
I certainly understand where you are coming from. To me, however, what makes it scary is any sense of a realistic scene. For example, Leatherface in the Original TCM and his hammer. The realism of the body convulsion made it scary as hell. The extra computer graphics, etc... ruin it for me. COuld just be I am just an old guy at this point.

The other one that scared the pi$$ out of me was the original Omen with Gregory Peck. For some reason, my father thought it was ok for me to watch when I was about 7. I hid in my bed from the nurse/housekeeper for countless nights after that. :)

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea I hear you but I can say the same thing about chucky when I was growing up lol

Moose45

Moose45

Awards
Anything by Hitchcock, House on Haunted Hill(original) Jason, Freddy and Michael!!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Without a doubt, it is "The Cartier Affair". This was a 1984 NBC TV movie that starred Knight Rider's David Hasselhoff and Dynasty's Joan Collins, and which also featured Kojak's Telly Savalas.

Simply horrible.