horror films

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Lol...there are some strange choices im seeing here. I'm a huge horror fan and absolutely love the genre. Just some of my favs:

    1. The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre - saw this movie at an age that could be deemed as "too young" lol. F'kin scared the life outta me
    2. Halloween (original) - I do enjoy Rob Zombies remakes though.
    3. Event Horizon - Saw this on a recommendation, always thought it was strictly sci-fi, but its pretty messed up.
    4. Scream - Still think the first in the series is an absolute classic. All the follow ups took things too far. Ya also gotta appreciate all the old school horror movie references.
    5. The Omen (original)
    6. The Shining - such a kickass movie it's not even funny. I heard there's another 3 hours of cut footage owned by the Kubrick family we will never see.
    7. Sleepaway Camp - the ending is funny and disturbing at the same time.
    8. Silence of the Lambs - so intensely creepy and frightening
    9. Cabin Fever

    that's just a couple. Would love more convo on horror movies
    anyone into the Evil Dead movies? There's a remake coming out that looks pretty messed up. Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell both endorse it and have admitted that if they had the technology then that we have today, this remake is what they would have done. Supposed to be super gory.


  2. I can't wait for new evil dead!

    Great list btw

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
    •   
       


  3. Its blowing my mind that so many people have insidious on their lists here. I thought it was kind of creepy, and all the sudden jolts meant to make you jump were fun, but overall I didn't find it very scary at all. The premise behind it however, the astral walkers/dimensions, etc is very intriguing and kind of scary.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore
    Its blowing my mind that so many people have insidious on their lists here. I thought it was kind of creepy, and all the sudden jolts meant to make you jump were fun, but overall I didn't find it very scary at all. The premise behind it however, the astral walkers/dimensions, etc is very intriguing and kind of scary.
    Well it had originality. That goes a long way.

    Question, have you seen the phantasm series? I always feel that was underrated in the time of Jason, Freddy, etc

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  5. Yes I've seen the Phantasm movies, albeit not in quite some time. I agree they got overlooked, which I would have to attribute to that being the time that the common slasher flicks were carving their own nitch in the genre. I put that on the level of the Hellraiser movies. Both were really creepy and entertaining. Seems like they came out in a time where they were overshadowed though.

    what about the original "Last House on the Left" & "I Spit On Your Grave"? Those were some pretty intense exploitation films who have had recent remakes that I actually think were half decent.
    •   
       


  6. I lied the remakes, but those left out some sick stuff. If rob zombie would have done em they would have been sicker lol.

    Doesn't he have a witch movie coming out?

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  7. The face removal surgery scenes in "Faceless" were pretty intense, and the whole movie had an icy 80s cruelty to it.
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!


  8. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    I lied the remakes, but those left out some sick stuff. If rob zombie would have done em they would have been sicker lol.

    Doesn't he have a witch movie coming out?

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    the name of it is "The Lords of Salem". Looks pretty cool. Funny you mentioned that, I just watched House of 1000 Corpses last night.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore

    the name of it is "The Lords of Salem". Looks pretty cool. Funny you mentioned that, I just watched House of 1000 Corpses last night.
    Classic flick

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  10. Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore View Post
    Yes I've seen the Phantasm movies, albeit not in quite some time. I agree they got overlooked, which I would have to attribute to that being the time that the common slasher flicks were carving their own nitch in the genre. I put that on the level of the Hellraiser movies. Both were really creepy and entertaining. Seems like they came out in a time where they were overshadowed though.

    what about the original "Last House on the Left" & "I Spit On Your Grave"? Those were some pretty intense exploitation films who have had recent remakes that I actually think were half decent.
    last house original is a classic. i still enjoy the hellraiser's and phantasm's
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com

  11. Friday 13th is awsome

  12. Just saw Evil Dead and man that was intense! Deviates from the original but I still liked it.

    Granted I have the original on VHS so it is useless to me now lol
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

  13. F horror films. I'm the biggest scaredy cat out there. If I see or hear something horror related, I won't be sleeping that night without a huge sleed aid dose. And if I do sleep without a sleep aid, nightmares (I mean horribly scary) will occur every single time.
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    Instagram: kylebayne23

  14. I took a horror film course in college.....was hooked ever since. Absolutely love them, but our modern ones are not true horror films n
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

  15. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I took a horror film course in college.....was hooked ever since. Absolutely love them, but our modern ones are not true horror films n
    I beg to differ.

    Times have changed film has evolved.

    Some movies dating back to the 80s when looking at them now you see the progression of film

    90s horror was better as it was the beginning of new graphics better acting and original ideas.

    80s going back showed less left more to the imagination which is all good. But remember the original Texas chainsaw. What was left up to us as imagination

    I personally love seeing the killing the progression of the kill and how each movie leads up to it


    Recent movies became to one note. Find one kill then repeat

    The collection (2012) and rob zombies films were both great and I can't wait to see more


    Cult horror classics like killer klowns from outer space I feel needs a redo as its old graphics where wack and acting was terrible. Couple that with a good director and screen play writer change a few things to make it more gruesome would be a big win!

  16. Mine Evil Dead..........

  17. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    I beg to differ.

    Times have changed film has evolved.

    Some movies dating back to the 80s when looking at them now you see the progression of film

    90s horror was better as it was the beginning of new graphics better acting and original ideas.

    80s going back showed less left more to the imagination which is all good. But remember the original Texas chainsaw. What was left up to us as imagination

    I personally love seeing the killing the progression of the kill and how each movie leads up to it


    Recent movies became to one note. Find one kill then repeat

    The collection (2012) and rob zombies films were both great and I can't wait to see more


    Cult horror classics like killer klowns from outer space I feel needs a redo as its old graphics where wack and acting was terrible. Couple that with a good director and screen play writer change a few things to make it more gruesome would be a big win!
    I certainly understand where you are coming from. To me, however, what makes it scary is any sense of a realistic scene. For example, Leatherface in the Original TCM and his hammer. The realism of the body convulsion made it scary as hell. The extra computer graphics, etc... ruin it for me. COuld just be I am just an old guy at this point.

    The other one that scared the pi$$ out of me was the original Omen with Gregory Peck. For some reason, my father thought it was ok for me to watch when I was about 7. I hid in my bed from the nurse/housekeeper for countless nights after that.
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

  18. Yea I hear you but I can say the same thing about chucky when I was growing up lol

  19. Anything by Hitchcock, House on Haunted Hill(original) Jason, Freddy and Michael!!

  20. Without a doubt, it is "The Cartier Affair". This was a 1984 NBC TV movie that starred Knight Rider's David Hasselhoff and Dynasty's Joan Collins, and which also featured Kojak's Telly Savalas.

    Simply horrible.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Top 10 Horror Film Females
    By CNizz in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 06:51 PM
  2. Crank: The film that refuses to slow down
    By Y2Jversion1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 04:24 PM
  3. LET NAME THE BEST HORROR MOVIES
    By QUICKRYDE in forum General Chat
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 05:14 PM
  4. Rob Zombie's new horror flick...
    By lifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-14-2005, 01:34 AM
  5. SU horror story
    By dodgeee-O in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-24-2002, 04:02 AM
Log in
Log in