Doomsday Preppers - AnabolicMinds.com

Doomsday Preppers

1. New Member

Doomsday Preppers

I thought I'd throw this out to the group. This is a reality TV program on NatGeo, on its second season. The thrust of the show is profiling individuals and families who are preparing for catastrophic events. Basically "The End Of The World As We Know It.

What are your thoughts? Are these folks crazy or smart?

Are

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

To the extreme that the show showcases is too much for me to ever want to commit to. I do however have a bug out plan and gear for myself and my family. As well, as a group of selected friends and family with Long/Lat coordinates to redevous and a final destination. Everyone has a skill set to offer, is dependable, and absolutely trust with each others lives.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  3. New Member

I think the show deliberately portrays some of these folks as extreme.

Although I've seen some of the episodes and some of these individuals are.......unique.

I do think basic preparedness makes a lot of sense. Hurricane Sandy or Katrina are good examples of why people should prepare.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Dale Gribble
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  5. Hug it out.
    Board Administrator
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

I watch this show mostly for amusement. They focus on extreme people for sure. I love seeing a family that has stockpiled a whole bunker full of food, water, guns, ammo, etc. in some remote location and then the "practical preppers" give them a score of like 58/100. Man, if those people have a 58 then I don't stand a chance. I'd be lucky to get a 5/100 and I like to think I'd be ok during a tornado/hurricane/etc.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That's what I'll be doing come spring. I already have a drawing of the underground bunker I'll be having built after I buy a piece of land.

I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -
  7. New Member

We have extra food and water in the pantry as well. We r looking to assemble some bug-out bags.

We would like to find some land in the country, but its pretty expensive so that is on the back burner.

I saw the news footage of folks during Katrina and Sandy and I really want to avoid being a "refugee". Bad situations and if you don't have any supplies, you end up being helpless, or victims.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JayStang
    We have extra food and water in the pantry as well. We r looking to assemble some bug-out bags.

We would like to find some land in the country, but its pretty expensive so that is on the back burner.

I saw the news footage of folks during Katrina and Sandy and I really want to avoid being a "refugee". Bad situations and if you don't have any supplies, you end up being helpless, or victims.
    there are tons of sites online that sell pre-made BOB's :]
  9. New Member

Thank you. I had seen some of those "pre-assembled" bug out bags. I'm a bit hesitant, because I wonder about the overall quality.

Any recommendations?
  10. Hug it out.
    Board Administrator
    Stats
    5'11"  179 lbs.

There's two polar extreme schools of thought on this. I keep some spare propane, gas for the car, and a little bit of extra food, water, and some other basic survival things handy. During a disaster like a hurricane (I live in South Florida), my house is strong enough to withstand a Category 5 and I could survive inside of my house easily for a few weeks without power. If it looks like a direct hit, I'm out of here anyway and can quickly get the family and my supplies in the car and be out of harm's way in a few hours. In a situation like a tornado that pops up quickly, we'd have enough to get by if there was a run on food, gas, and no electricity until things could be restored.

Am I prepping for Doomsday? No way.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JayStang
    Thank you. I had seen some of those "pre-assembled" bug out bags. I'm a bit hesitant, because I wonder about the overall quality.

Any recommendations?
    not that I can think of off the top of my head.. most have reviews.
  12. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by JayStang View Post
    I think the show deliberately portrays some of these folks as extreme.

Although I've seen some of the episodes and some of these individuals are.......unique.

I do think basic preparedness makes a lot of sense. Hurricane Sandy or Katrina are good examples of why people should prepare.
    Actually Ive had to reevaluate my whole stance on this doomsday bunker thing, after going through the brunt of Sandy (NJ), having no power for about 10 days, the fuel "shortage" and seeing how quickly things fell apart, Im going to be upgrading my "bunker" supplies.

Just for the record, this is not my first rodeo, I had a reasonable amount of supplies, water, food, batteries, candles, full tank of gas in car before the storm hit, etc.
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

Similar Forum Threads

1. Norway to House Seeds in Doomsday Vault
    By yeahright in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 09:13 PM