Subaru brx vs scion fr-s

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

Subaru brx vs scion fr-s

What you guys think?

I'm thinking Subaru. Love them.
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  245 lbs.

Sat in the subaru brz and there isn't much space inside. I'm aware that the space is the same as the scion frs though. As far as I know the Subaru brz is slightly more expensive and has more options than the frs. However it's really frustrating how much nicer the Toyota gt 86 is than both of them. Does anyone know why the hell it's not sold in NA? But imo the brz interior is very nice!
  3. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Philshred
    Sat in the subaru brz and there isn't much space inside. I'm aware that the space is the same as the scion frs though. As far as I know the Subaru brz is slightly more expensive and has more options than the frs. However it's really frustrating how much nicer the Toyota gt 86 is than both of them. Does anyone know why the hell it's not sold in NA? But imo the brz interior is very nice!
    I'm going to look at both this week.

If it has more space then te Acura rsx or te same amount is be happy an content with that

Te frs is about 8k less iirc
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  245 lbs.

Funny you mentioned the Acura Rsx, it's one of my all time favs haha. How are you planning to drive in the snow with a rwd btw?
  5. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

Funny you mentioned the Acura Rsx, it's one of my all time favs haha. How are you planning to drive in the snow with a rwd btw?
    Subarus are all wheel.

I had the svx as my first car. That was front wheel tho

Rsx was front wheel too
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

I HAD to read this thread :/

I have an 05 rsx type-s and love it but now I'm online building the brz and seeing if I can afford it...great.
  7. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by carpee
    I HAD to read this thread :/

I have an 05 rsx type-s and love it but now I'm online building the brz and seeing if I can afford it...great.
    It's not bad if you plan on buying it

Like 8k down and 317 a month for 5 years. Lol
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

I would trade in the rsx and probably put down an extra 1,000
  9. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

I would trade in the rsx and probably put down an extra 1,000
    Insurance totaled my rsx. I'll be puttin down 5500 from insurance an then some
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

They are essentially the same car with the Scion being considerably cheaper.
    http://www.facebook.com/Celtic.Labs - Celtic Labs Representative
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow
    They are essentially the same car with the Scion being considerably cheaper.
    I'd go suby just for the winter fun
  12. Registered User
    Board Sponsor

the brx has more stock stuff you can get changed like navy and etc.the frs the front is different and there are some cool body kits out for it. id go with Toyota
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

I'd go suby just for the winter fun
    Wouldn't make a lick of difference because they are both rear wheel drive.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

I dunno why I was under the impression it was all wheel drive.

I thought that's why Subaru brought it out.

15. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

I dunno why I was under the impression it was all wheel drive.

I thought that's why Subaru brought it out.

The sub is all wheel. The scion is not. Scion is rear wheel

Going tomorrow to drive both.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

suby all day, man i miss my wrx. the brz is just awesome, only thing that woulda made it better was if it was a 2.0 turbo but cant complain considering it has one of the lsd's. that thing can drift like a horse runnin on an icey road with a glue truck behind him
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mstep
    suby all day, man i miss my wrx. the brz is just awesome, only thing that woulda made it better was if it was a 2.0 turbo but cant complain considering it has one of the lsd's. that thing can drift like a horse runnin on an icey road with a glue truck behind him
    and my excitement is back up hahah.
  18. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

I havent drove a stick shift car in 8 years. Since my ather had the Audi Tt convertible.

I need a refresher lol
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    and my excitement is back up hahah.
    i test drove it and for an NA car, it still packs a punch and drifts are just amazing with it. turn the traction control off and ur havin the time of ur life
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

Neither is all wheel drive. I don't know where you're getting your info. I've watched this car since its inception. When I found out they got rid of the AWD on it I immediately lost interest. Subaru actually worked in conjunction with Toyota to produce the Scion. It is built on the same platform and is essentially the same car. I've read multiple comparison/test drive articles that essentially boiled down to the Scion is more stylish and costs considerably less. So you get more bang for your buck with the Scion.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

FRS is cool but the high compression puts a frown on my face
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  22. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

Neither is all wheel drive. I don't know where you're getting your info. I've watched this car since its inception. When I found out they got rid of the AWD on it I immediately lost interest. Subaru actually worked in conjunction with Toyota to produce the Scion. It is built on the same platform and is essentially the same car. I've read multiple comparison/test drive articles that essentially boiled down to the Scion is more stylish and costs considerably less. So you get more bang for your buck with the Scion.
    Looks like I read the carandriver article they said all wheel drive and thy were talking about past cars. You are right. My apologies

Makes me pretty upset.

What's the safety comparison ect.

I can deal w rear wheel. Rather it be all wheel. But I can always look at the wrx
  23. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech
    FRS is cool but the high compression puts a frown on my face
    I seriously don't know **** about cars so that's why this thread was born. Idk what you said means anything to me. Lol. It's like spanish
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow View Post
    i said the same but when i got behind the wheel, subaru did it right with thee rwd. sometimes its time for a little change, look at ferrari's FF, they gave it an all wheel drive and made it a hatchback which drives me crazy(currently my dream car). for a rwd NA car, these are the 2 to choose from in there price range but subaru all day. its unique
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

I haven't test driven one yet, but their AWD is so good that its hard to break from it. I still really like it, and RWD makes sense for it. But for those of us in northern climates that love and depend upon their AWD in the winter RWD puts a little damper on it. I would like to see a winter driving review of its traction control. I know on the Chrysler 300 Car and Driver rated their RWD and traction control ahead of many FWD cars. If their TC is pretty good it's not as big of a deal under fairly normal winter driving conditions.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow View Post
    I haven't test driven one yet, but their AWD is so good that its hard to break from it. I still really like it, and RWD makes sense for it. But for those of us in northern climates that love and depend upon their AWD in the winter RWD puts a little damper on it. I would like to see a winter driving review of its traction control. I know on the Chrysler 300 Car and Driver rated their RWD and traction control ahead of many FWD cars. If their TC is pretty good it's not as big of a deal under fairly normal winter driving conditions.
    u can always get winter tires, my suby had trash traction in winter and never ended pickin up winter tires. always had to rely on the hand brake (since i didnt have tractional control either) for a turn or i understeer straight into the car in my turning direction. anythin with axles in the front is horrible in the winter unless u got, traction control with winter tires or just winter tires. i hate how people think fwd is so much better than rwd in winter....or anytime of the year. just picked up a mazda proto5 and i kant stand the fwd, im afraid of the winter and sometimes when it rains, gotta pick up some new tires. anyway, its ur decision on which ud choose man as long as ur happy with it
  27. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

u can always get winter tires, my suby had trash traction in winter and never ended pickin up winter tires. always had to rely on the hand brake (since i didnt have tractional control either) for a turn or i understeer straight into the car in my turning direction. anythin with axles in the front is horrible in the winter unless u got, traction control with winter tires or just winter tires. i hate how people think fwd is so much better than rwd in winter....or anytime of the year. just picked up a mazda proto5 and i kant stand the fwd, im afraid of the winter and sometimes when it rains, gotta pick up some new tires. anyway, its ur decision on which ud choose man as long as ur happy with it
    I wanna know what's built tougher.

Also since I hardly know anything I can't figure out what's better to have.

Option wise sub comes with more but if they are the exact car just different names I have to figure out what drives better and looks nicer

I has a Subaru svx I loved it
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  210 lbs.

Now even though they are essentially the same car, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the suby has better QAQC and build quality. As for snow tires, any car handles better with snow tires in the winter. But in a heads up match between FWD and RWD without traction control I'd have a hard time putting my money on RWD.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  245 lbs.

Thank you!
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  245 lbs.

I was really interesting in getting the scion frs however I don't fit inside. Instead I'm now looking at used evo's and sti's no older then 2008. Does anyone have any advice or experience with any of these cars? Thanks!
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

I was really interesting in getting the scion frs however I don't fit inside. Instead I'm now looking at used evo's and sti's no older then 2008. Does anyone have any advice or experience with any of these cars? Thanks!
    I've heard expensive repairs.

I'm kinda looking in the same market. I want an sti.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  245 lbs.

I've heard expensive repairs.

I'm kinda looking in the same market. I want an sti.
    Yeah the sti has a much nicer interior imo with the red stitching and everything how ever it's not as roomy inside. I was also told that you only get a 6 month warranty when you buy the sti compared to the evo which is much better."salesman at mitsubishi dealership"
  33. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Philshred View Post
    Yeah the sti has a much nicer interior imo with the red stitching and everything how ever it's not as roomy inside. I was also told that you only get a 6 month warranty when you buy the sti compared to the evo which is much better."salesman at mitsubishi dealership"
    Slap the salesman that told you that..lol You get the full 3yr/36k bumper to bumper when you buy an STI.. I have owned a half a dozen of these cars. Also owned an EVO.

Both awesome cars. Depending what you are looking to get out of the car, and what you plan to do to/with it, would dictate which I would recommend.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds

Slap the salesman that told you that..lol You get the full 3yr/36k bumper to bumper when you buy an STI.. I have owned a half a dozen of these cars. Also owned an EVO.

Both awesome cars. Depending what you are looking to get out of the car, and what you plan to do to/with it, would dictate which I would recommend.
    daily driver and 'some' fun mostly in the winter...

I found and 05 sti for 15k haha. good shape just high miles
  35. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    daily driver and 'some' fun mostly in the winter...

I found and 05 sti for 15k haha. good shape just high miles
    Sti by far is better for daily driving if you don't plan to mod it much.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

if u go sti, stayay away from 08 unless they had another engine put in under warranty. the 08s had ringland issues since it was the first of the hatches. also the evo's always had better handling stock(subys understeer) but just get some thicker sway bars and problem fixed
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds

Haha thanks for the info. I was actually quite shocked when he said that. Sadly enough I have to pick between the two the evo just due to the fact that it's the only one I fit in. Nonetheless I really like the evo even though the interior is a bit bland but I won't mind making some changes to improve it
  38. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Haha thanks for the info. I was actually quite shocked when he said that. Sadly enough I have to pick between the two the evo just due to the fact that it's the only one I fit in. Nonetheless I really like the evo even though the interior is a bit bland but I won't mind making some changes to improve it
    Evo's are awesome cars man.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  245 lbs.

if u go sti, stayay away from 08 unless they had another engine put in under warranty. the 08s had ringland issues since it was the first of the hatches. also the evo's always had better handling stock(subys understeer) but just get some thicker sway bars and problem fixed
    Hey thanks for letting me know! So far the Evo i my number 1 pick Its been one of my favs for a very long time. I blame The Fast and the Furious haha
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

i prefer the sti over the evo for a number of reasons.
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 04:38 AM
  2. Ergopharm vs. IDC
    By true_c in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 08:14 AM
  3. Formasin vs. 6-oxo
    By scotty2 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2002, 08:32 PM