Marijuana LEGALIZED in Colorado & Washington

S

steppinRazor

Awards
big things are happening and colorado is now the first state to pass an amendment to legalize pot for recreational use and commercial sale.

Column: States right to legalize marijuana\

personally my weedsmokin days are long gone but im still an avid supporter of the cause. the war on drugs is a hypocrisy. its so refreshing to see this happen in the world we live in today :D

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh ****. Officially looking for work in Colorado now (always been interested in the peaks over there)!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Really?

J

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Lol @ people moving states just to smoke bud

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Currently this is mostly symbolic at the moment, but stepping in the right direction. Since the feds still call it illegal, it is technically illegal. This was the exact same path prohibition took as well. Hoping the domino effect takes hold in this instance as well.

Problem is the DEA sees mary jane as their cash cow, along with private penitentiarys, and pharma of course hates this.

While there is hope now to repeal this atrocity against American people, there is a much steeper hill to climb.

G

grandroid828

Awards
Currently this is mostly symbolic at the moment, but stepping in the right direction. Since the feds still call it illegal, it is technically illegal. This was the exact same path prohibition took as well. Hoping the domino effect takes hold in this instance as well.

Problem is the DEA sees mary jane as their cash cow, along with private penitentiarys, and pharma of course hates this.

While there is hope now to repeal this atrocity against American people, there is a much steeper hill to climb.
This^^^ the dea can still come into colorado and bust you for it. Will they? Probably not. But they can.

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
If the federal govt would follow in Colorado's footsteps we could get our national debt cleared up real quick.

Legalize and tax heavily = massive new income
eliminate the millions spent on enforcement and incarceration of individuals for possession = massive new income

It is ridiculous that the govt cant get over themselves and see how beneficial it would be to legalize. They allow alcohol to be sold which is far more dangerous than marijuana. I just dont get it...

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If the federal govt would follow in Colorado's footsteps we could get our national debt cleared up real quick.

Legalize and tax heavily = massive new income
eliminate the millions spent on enforcement and incarceration of individuals for possession = massive new income

It is ridiculous that the govt cant get over themselves and see how beneficial it would be to legalize. They allow alcohol to be sold which is far more dangerous than marijuana. I just dont get it...
The alcohol arguement is an association logical fallacy. No real gain by using that as your platform.

Your very reasons are one of the big hangups on legalization to the Government. The billions spent on law enforcement, incarceration, and private pen's, along with tax benefit and crime benefit of erasing the Mexican cartels is just too much for the government to work towards. So many people will lose their job with Uncle Sam that legislators wont whip their pen out. Not to mentions the billions from lobbyist to keep pockets nice and fat.

Lots of people will lose their job yes, but the major net benefit falls in the legalizing side.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
I'm interested to see how the federales decide to enforce federal law.

Big changes like this take time...but reading that article is incredibly refreshing.

So many obstacles to overcome...multiple industries would be severely affected if cultivation of hemp was federally legal.

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
When I move back home to Idaho I can drive across the bridge and smoke? Sweet. Not that I do except on ocassion, but its better than prescription drugs and narcotics! Not to mention it has fantastic healing benefits ;]