IPOD techie help for an old fart :(

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, look - Im old, so give a brutha a break. LOL

I have never downloaded a song in my life :p

I also am 100% unfamiliar with any apple products.

Need to learn somewhere so let's roll.....

Which Ipod can I purchase that will not only make for the path of least resistance, but allow me to do and download everything from the Ipod only as opposed to having to use a computer, create a desktop account etc

PS: My phone STINKS so I am not looking for suggestions to do all of this via my phone.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Last time I checked, you can't download direct to iPod. You have to buy the songs via an iTunes card and download on the iPod through iTunes store. Very simple.

Any q's PM me

T

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
i may be wrong, but i think ipod touch is the one you want. if you download the "free music downloader" app, you can get music free legaly by downloading them from music sharing sites lie beemp3. you can also buy them from the itunes store dictly to your ipod if you have a wifi connection.

the itunes store has much better quality, and its getting tough to find working music sites because theyre all gtting shut down

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im lost

Can I download the I-Tunes store to the ipod? So that I do evewrything from there?

Imn trying to avoid having to synch up to a computer and do EVERYTHING via ipod only

T

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
Im lost

Can I download the I-Tunes store to the ipod? So that I do evewrything from there?

Imn trying to avoid having to synch up to a computer and do EVERYTHING via ipod only
ipod touch comes with the itunes store app. thats how you download apps and music straight to the device

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank u

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ipod touch comes with the itunes store app. thats how you download apps and music straight to the device
This^^
But it is VERY simple to download song/etc to your computer and synch to your ipod....it pretty much does it with one click.
Any Ipod with wifi you should be able to download songs directly

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like iPod Touch is what you're looking for. I had a 32GB that suited me beautifully for three years...in the market for a new one. Dpeending on how muchs stuff you want 16 or 32gig is suitable. 64 you really gotta have it as a "need."

It's touch screen is pretty durable but it's not indestructible Yes, you can transfer all the music from your computer to the iPod without having to download it from iTunes. It must be in MP4 format but iTunes will convert them for you. I prefer the 32GB because I hold movies and a TON of music and a few games for boring subway rides. And a book or two.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get an Ipod touch, you can purchased music directly with the itunes app (songs at a price,) and you can listen to unlimited youtube on wifi as well as listen radio stations across the country and globe with Tune In Radio all for free.

You will love the web browser.

Id suggest the 5th generation if you can afford, if not the 4th gen.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks peeps!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
7th Generation is cheaper than 5th on amazon

Am I missing something?

Get an Ipod touch, you can purchased music directly with the itunes app (songs at a price,) and you can listen to unlimited youtube on wifi as well as listen radio stations across the country and globe with Tune In Radio all for free.

You will love the web browser.

Id suggest the 5th generation if you can afford, if not the 4th gen.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
7th Generation is cheaper than 5th on amazon

Am I missing something?
Your looking at a different product, either the Ipod Nano 7th or Ipod Classic 7th.

The Ipod touch is like an Iphone but without the phone...although on wifi you can use it as a phone with the right app.

This is the newest Ipod Touch 5th generation. http://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahhh thanks man

Your looking at a different product, either the Ipod Nano 7th or Ipod Classic 7th.

The Ipod touch is like an Iphone but without the phone...although on wifi you can use it as a phone with the right app.

This is the newest Ipod Touch 5th generation. http://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahhh thanks man
Let me know if you have any questions about different models, and or generations. Im a self proclaimed expert on Apple Gadgets.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice to know. Thank you

Just got back from Taget with my Ipod Touch ;)

I have ZERO familiarity with Apple products so this is gonna SUKKKK hahaha

Stay tuned............(lol)

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice to know. Thank you

Just got back from Taget with my Ipod Touch ;)

I have ZERO familiarity with Apple products so this is gonna SUKKKK hahaha

Stay tuned............(lol)
Which model did you end up purchasing?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
16 GB

I couldnt give a hoot about movies or pictures so 16 is plenty.

The back of ther case has an "all rights reserved 2012 stamp" so generation 4 or 5 for sure?!!?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You should be more than happy with 16gb. I have the 16gb Iphone and I've got over 1000 pictures on it and still plenty of room for songs. If you're going to use it strictly for Music your all good!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
16 GB

I couldnt give a hoot about movies or pictures so 16 is plenty.

The back of ther case has an "all rights reserved 2012 stamp" so generation 4 or 5 for sure?!!?
yeah that's the 4th. As long as you don't care about taking good pictures that one is very good. Taking hd video is good on that though.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks
I cant even get past page two "enter your router name and password"

I use this info for my home computers

I see a return to the shelves by tomorrow

Zero patience

LIVID

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks
I cant even get past page two "enter your router name and password"

I use this info for my home computers

I see a retun to the shelves by tomorrow

Zero patience

LIVID
By entering that info though, you'll be able to download everything you need and surf the web from the ipod without having to sync it up to your computer. Don't give up! It'll be worth it

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol....I guess these things aren't for everybody.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I do not remember needing to enter the router name? Just picking it from the available choices?

I would keep at it though, the set up is as easy / hard as anything else out there and once you get it set up, you will most likely never need to update it again.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the encouragement fells.

Will try later. Need to go find some marijuana or something (and I dont even smoke)

Thx ;)'

By entering that info though, you'll be able to download everything you need and surf the web from the ipod without having to sync it up to your computer. Don't give up! It'll be worth it
Lol....I guess these things aren't for everybody.
I do not remember needing to enter the router name? Just picking it from the available choices?

I would keep at it though, the set up is as easy / hard as anything else out there and once you get it set up, you will most likely never need to update it again.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3rd time was a charm :)

I'm in

Just downloaded first album (Third Day)

Now, I have no clue about how to do anything, move crap around, set up muisc groups, etc LOL

I guess I'll keep playing with this thing until it blows up

Thanks fellas ;)

PS: Whats with all the flippin icons? I just wanted an IPOD not a computer

Too confusing LOL

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just leave the icons you dont need alone for now. You shouldnt have too many. If you open them by accident you can also hit that round home button on the Ipod to bring you to the home screen.

There should be a small booklet with the Ipod that has some easy instructions, its a good read when your taking a crap, lol.

Yes...The ipod touch is actually a micro computer, so you did buy a computer.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
lol there are not all that many default icons are there? I hardly remember any more (have a 2nd gen iTouch) still works for web surfing but thats about it.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I figured out that round reset button by accident earlier :p

Thanks peeps

Like Ax1 said: Time to poop and read. Gotta do it

Just leave the icons you dont need alone for now. You shouldnt have too many. If you open them by accident you can also hit that round home button on the Ipod to bring you to the home screen.

There should be a small booklet with the Ipod that has some easy instructions, its a good read when your taking a crap, lol.

Yes...The ipod touch is actually a micro computer, so you did buy a computer.
lol there are not all that many default icons are there? I hardly remember any more (have a 2nd gen iTouch) still works for web surfing but thats about it.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
acutally that is the only place I use my these days. don't want to risk anything happening to my Gnex :)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gnex?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It takes about a minute (45 seconds) per song. Does this sound right? I would have assumed much faster

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
45 seconds per song sounds about right if you are talking about ripping them from disk to mp3?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It takes about a minute (45 seconds) per song. Does this sound right? I would have assumed much faster
Depending on your Internet speeds that's prolly close

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is a good speed, you're all good!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Coolio

Downloaded 31 songs since ysterday haha

This crapp is addicting :D

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love it! LOL

Cant figure out how to text message on it. I hear you can somehow (with Wi Fi of course)

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love it! LOL

Cant figure out how to text message on it. I hear you can somehow (with Wi Fi of course)
You can download an App called Pinger, you get your own phone # (you have to use it on occasion to keep it active) and you get unlimited free text messages and free incoming calls. Outgoing calls cost a little money.

There is a little add box on the bottom of the app if you touch it it will open an add, kind of annoying but it wont get you into any trouble.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pinger-text-free-+-call-free/id444741112?mt=8

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet ! Thans manggg