Being a modern day Nomad

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    This is 80% of Fresno, north Fresno is the only safe heaven and where my gym is. I live right on the border of where it goes from crap to nice.
    So it wont be a total culture shock then if you move there. There is some really nice parts especially if your into history and that stuff interesting city. Look into Lowell, MA also a city smaller then boston though "birthplace of the industrial revolution"
    All posts by mattys4 are the result of a very creative imagination and should not be considered advice nor taken seriously

2. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    So it wont be a total culture shock then if you move there. There is some really nice parts especially if your into history and that stuff interesting city. Look into Lowell, MA also a city smaller then boston though "birthplace of the industrial revolution"
    I grew up in Detroit man, does it get dirtier than that, lol? (I love my city though)

I visited Lowell, i was looking at going to U-Mass Lowell out of JC. I agree, very interesting city.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   

3. Get it done while you can DW. Crazy if you don't. Plenty of time to get old and then you can sit back with all those memories!! No regrets kid.

PS...San Fran is a vibrant city
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

4. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    Get it done while you can DW. Crazy if you don't. Plenty of time to get old and then you can sit back with all those memories!! No regrets kid.

PS...San Fran is a vibrant city
    I'm bout 2hr away from San Fran. Last week at a trade show I was telling a guy about my idea. He said San Fran is great for a single guy! Yeah sure some guys will hit on you, but if you can handle it, you'll get tons of chicks! Girls there have don't know what to do with half the guys batting for the other team, you'll clean up!

I got a good laugh. AZMIDLYF has spoken, it's a must now!

5. Lol..your odds surely improve with the switch hitters out of the mix. One caveat though..not a cheap place to live.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   

6. Chapter 1 will begin Feb 2nd. Packing up & heading eaaaaaast!!!!
  7. Never enough

I'm thinking as you travel and move around, eventually you'll find a place where you say "this is home"

8. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I'm thinking as you travel and move around, eventually you'll find a place where you say "this is home"
    Maybe it'll be your guest house? :-D

9. DW, speaking in total sincerity, I know exactly how you feel. I've been in that same exact position in my life, and often still am to some degree. I enjoy people and friendship on some level, but I've always had somewhat of a wanderlust soul; throughout life, I've made some close friends, but I much prefer seeing things from the outside looking in, and take advantage of every opportunity that is given to me. When your heart and mind are focused on the right things, everything falls into place whether it be emotionally, financially or spiritually.

In looking back, very small decisions have changed my life drastically. Take advantage of every opportunity you can, be it travel, education, companionship, or work. Devote yourself to experiences in life. Learn to appreciate everything that's put before you.

When you head East, plan some spots to stop. Go to some local pubs. Find some chick that will take you to a honky-tonk in Texas and another that will take you to a jazz club in New Orleans. - Go to local breweries, hike some mountains, rent a horse and go camping by yourself. I've done all that crap, and it's awesome when your expectations are low and you take everything as it comes.

And man, if you ever want to travel for short stints, hit me up. Ireland, Belgium, Newfoundland, Portland, Seattle, Iceland...and of course Chicago. We go all the time.

And you better come through Charlotte when you make the drive. I'll take you to my favorite pub out here.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    DW, speaking in total sincerity, I know exactly how you feel. I've been in that same exact position in my life, and often still am to some degree. I enjoy people and friendship on some level, but I've always had somewhat of a wanderlust soul; throughout life, I've made some close friends, but I much prefer seeing things from the outside looking in, and take advantage of every opportunity that is given to me. When your heart and mind are focused on the right things, everything falls into place whether it be emotionally, financially or spiritually.

In looking back, very small decisions have changed my life drastically. Take advantage of every opportunity you can, be it travel, education, companionship, or work. Devote yourself to experiences in life. Learn to appreciate everything that's put before you.

When you head East, plan some spots to stop. Go to some local pubs. Find some chick that will take you to a honky-tonk in Texas and another that will take you to a jazz club in New Orleans. - Go to local breweries, hike some mountains, rent a horse and go camping by yourself. I've done all that crap, and it's awesome when your expectations are low and you take everything as it comes.

And man, if you ever want to travel for short stints, hit me up. Ireland, Belgium, Newfoundland, Portland, Seattle, Iceland...and of course Chicago. We go all the time.

And you better come through Charlotte when you make the drive. I'll take you to my favorite pub out here.
    Well said buddy, I appreciate it.

I'm at my dads for the holidays and he gave a perspective similar to yours. I will a absolutely be stopping by on my journey. I have a few stops mapped out & I'll be traveling much lighter than I have in the past (pretty much have my all my stuff sold) so it's just some clothes & my tv's.

I will absolutely keep you in mind for short stints. It's refreshing to have someone who's as up for it as myself. I love my friends but they're not much up for traveling, as you can see this is like blasphemy to me lol.

It looks like I'll be crushing I-10 the majority of the journey...

11. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

It looks like I'll be crushing I-10 the majority of the journey...
    It's possible we could even get up down in Florida, too. Just keep that in mind. My parents still live in the Panhandle, just about 30min south of I-10.
  12. Never enough

what a fun drive that isn't

13. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    what a fun drive that isn't
    I've done 80, 40 & 20. Never I-10 though, should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post

It's possible we could even get up down in Florida, too. Just keep that in mind. My parents still live in the Panhandle, just about 30min south of I-10.
    I've made a note, sir
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2012, 10:39 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 12:27 PM
  3. Obama: A Modern Day Roman Plebeian Tyrant
    By brk_nemesis in forum Politics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 05:42 AM