Today was the last day

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
of being on active duty in the Marine Corps. Came in September 1997, been to Kuwait twice, Iraq once, Thailand twice, Okinawa three times, Alaska, Mainland Japan, and there's some other places that I was too drunk at the time to remember clearly. :drunk:

As a good buddy of mine once said, "it was the best time of my life, but i'll never do it again."

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
If it means anything, I believe our country is a better/safer place due to people like you. Thanks for your commitment. Now, go out and get yours. You deserve it. :thumbsup:

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thank you for your service to our country

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for protecting our country, that takes some balls to do.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
congrats man :) that's one hell of a birthday present
although i still the calf implants would have been better
(haha managed to incorporate that into 2 threads! yes!)

god i'm absolutely hysterical tonight ....

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
congrats man :) that's one hell of a birthday present
although i still the calf implants would have been better
(haha managed to incorporate that into 2 threads! yes!)

god i'm absolutely hysterical tonight ....
must.......find......glen..... :rant:

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Thanks a lot for your service to our country. Like it was said before, our country is a better place for having dudes like you protect it and it takes a lot of guts to do that. Much respect, bro.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Semper Fi bro! One of the hardest things I've ever done was get out of the corps. You leave alot of good people behind. BUT I'm glad I'm out. Like you said, glad I did it, glad I'm done with it. Happy bday as well- you had two this month-(USMC Bday!). Good luck to you!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
well done my friend

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
good job bro i cant wait for my ETS also i still have to wait till 2007. been in since 1990 did the infantry thing on active duty now im an MP in the reserves and hating it, nothing like active duty.

anyway best of luck to you bro, get ready for an eye opener in the world ahead of ya...

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes yes. Thanks indeed.

I may be Canadian but I salute all those who serve their country in pursuit of peace and protection.

Hats off!

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Ditto on everything said.....uuhh..... except for the calf implants (WTF?). I have great respect for people who voluteer for active duty. Especially in these crazy times. My life's work revolves around helping you guys out (Hope some of the stuff I design and build has come in handy out in the field ;) )

The world isn't that bad. Hopefully you've gained some skills to get employed (send me a resume if you like). If not, I've worked with many people from the corp and can say that everyone of them is hard working and organized. So you've gained those skills no matter what. Thank-you for serving. It is greatly appreciated!!

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for serving bro. You sound ready to close this chapter of your life, as most of us were when we got out, now time to enjoy the rest of it.

If I could find a saluting smiley I'd post it up.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Use the info you got from Tap/Tamps wisely, I know it has helped me. Don't be suprised to find the civilian world a lot different, good luck!

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
cobra gold!!!!! oh yes what a time. i was at camp hansen for a while. good ol kinville was right outside the gate.

unfknblvbl89

Board Supporter
Awards
Good luck out there dude! We'll definitely have to get together before I head to Oki and you head back east. Take it easy brotha and I'll definitely be seeing ya around on the boards. Peace

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
cobra gold!!!!! oh yes what a time. i was at camp hansen for a while. good ol kinville was right outside the gate.
we did the most recent cobra gold. thailand is the hottest place i've ever been to, lost 15lbs in 8 days. all the food made me sick, it was horrible. anywho, yeah, i was stationed at hansen in late '98 for about 6 months or so, and i still remember sinville too.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea how you guys do it, but I sure am glad that you do! Welcome back to being a civilian. :)

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
best wishes with all respect bro...I for one am very thankful we have our military...and really appreciate the job you do.

Good luck in getting to civilian life!