No deadlifting at planet fitness

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Have you guys heard of this? Not that I'd ever set foot in pf but no deadlifting is getting carried away. Only in America can a place like planet fitness call itself a gym and not allow a staple of lifting

Logo

Awards
I was traveling on business a few weeks ago and went looking for a gym to workout. I found a local PF and they didn't even have a single squat rack. I asked the girl how they could call themselves a gym without a single squat rack. I promptly walked out and found a much better gym down the road.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Planet fitness is not a gym its a resort...they also have something called a lunk alarm or something like that. If you grunt you get thrown out

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the pf in my area doesn't have any free weight barebells.....it's smith machines or dumbbells

they serve pizza on the first wednesday of the month and bagels on the second tuesday...or something like that

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You'd be surprised how many box gyms either frown heavily upon, or outright disallow, deadlifting.

Don't even get me started on bands & chalk...

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Yeah my gym allows lifting but no chalk and their definition of dropping weights changes with who's working. But still planet fitness sets the bar to a whole new low

chitown58

chitown58

Awards
Planet fitness is a complete joke, if u have any intention of accomplishing any goals, that is not the place for you! If u plan on making any actual progress, that's not the place for you...they make fun of people that r actually fit in their commercials (not just the bodybuilder type) they r disrespectful to the entire fitness community.

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Have you guys heard of this? Not that I'd ever set foot in pf but no deadlifting is getting carried away. Only in America can a place like planet fitness call itself a gym and not allow a staple of lifting
Globo-gym!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my ex gf signed up there like an idiot and i went with her a few late nights, but they yelled at me for wearing a basketball jersey....but my roomate goes there since he doesn't care about the whole bodybuilding....and he's in real good shape, so to say you can't get in a decent workout at that place is wrong

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
I just frown on the whole premise, how can you pass of the idea that being average is ok. Doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of bettering one's self.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Haha that's hilarious. The world is slowly turning into a *****.

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
Planet Fitness's whole business philosophy is to live south of vag.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
They serve pizza?

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
Went there for a year, mainly women and old ppl and youngsters, few ppl that knew what they were doing still had a good build, you can make it happen anywhere

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I just frown on the whole premise, how can you pass of the idea that being average is ok. Doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of bettering one's self.
Actually there is research to support that people over exaggerate their strengths and abilities when in fact they are average or below on a large scale.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Actually there is research to support that people over exaggerate their strengths and abilities when in fact they are average or below on a large scale.
But at the same time there's the exact opposite aka bigorexia or muscle dismorphia. Which I totally have my gf tells me I'm huge constantly but I personally don't believe myself to be necessarily strong or large.

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
But at the same time there's the exact opposite aka bigorexia or muscle dismorphia. Which I totally have my gf tells me I'm huge constantly but I personally don't believe myself to be necessarily strong or large.
Same here dude, 5'9 200 i feel is ehh ho hum, ppl make thier comments but i still same ol guy.
As far as jim wendler thinks i aint strong cept for dips and pullups, until i can complete his definition of strong im average.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Deadlifting may raise your testosterone and make you stronger. Such changes that will manifest in greater strength, aesthetic appearance, and alpha status go against the egalitarian, emasculated, tree-hugging philosophies that define Planet Fitness. If you want fascist gains, go to Russia.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On topic, I was lifting at Gold's for a month back in the winter of 2011-2012. Probably the last week I was there, I was told I shouldn't deadlift as it intimidates members in the cardio area. Place has since turned into a fitness/spa center. I wonder where the serious lifters there went, because there were a small number of them.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
On topic, I was lifting at Gold's for a month back in the winter of 2011-2012. Probably the last week I was there, I was told I shouldn't deadlift as it intimidates members in the cardio area. Place has since turned into a fitness/spa center. I wonder where the serious lifters there went, because there were a small number of them.
Golds now? NOOOOOOOOO....I'm glad I workout at home. That's unheard of for a gold's gym wtf...

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
No way I work out at 2 platinum fitness in Tucson and they don't care If I dead lift. But then again it's over run by a few groups that are always "on" and are very ****en loud.

Shrine

Shrine

Awards
Planet fitness is a joke. They will sound the lunk alarm on you if you get to out of hand. Lol

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Planet fitness is a joke. They will sound the lunk alarm on you if you get to out of hand. Lol
My buddy told me that he saw a dude that was real built walk into planet fitness and as soon as he walked in the door, they told him he needed to leave because he was too big.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
We had a couple of huge guys come in while I was there there were "on" for sure and huge, but the kids that work at the one I went to were real cool. They usually never said anything to anyone who would drop weights or get a little loud as long as it wasn't everytime they touch the weights. At golds u got the guys that HAVE to grunt and HAVE to not drop weights but throw them on the rubber ground. Honestly makes me laugh not intimidate me

uvawahoowa

Awards
Its not just that average is ok, but average is encouraged over being your best

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Golds now? NOOOOOOOOO....I'm glad I workout at home. That's unheard of for a gold's gym wtf...
I agree, i lift at Gold's and we're still a "gym". We're still allowed to do all of the above, however if that ever changes i will be moving elsewhere.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I agree, i lift at Gold's and we're still a "gym". We're still allowed to do all of the above, however if that ever changes i will be moving elsewhere.
DMaybe that golds gym was just run by abunch of liberals idk lol.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
I always lol when I see PF bumper stickers with the thumbs up sign.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol. Fuk planet fukness! Their db dont go over 65lb

Give ma a dirty, rusty , grimmy looking gym. That real
yep...the best workouts happen in the dirtiest gyms

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
I don't feel like I got in a good workout unless I have to stop off for a tetanus shot on the way home.