Coats

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
Is it acceptable for anyone who isn't a woman to pay $320 for a coat?

I've gone with a resounding no, but I am meeting some kind of inexplicable resistance to this verdict. This woman I am chatting with seems to think I am some prehistoric caveman or something.

Worse...she's not even my missus. Just a friend. Apparently my $25 jacket just doesn't cut it in today's fashion sensitive world.

She's also seen fit to inform me that I'm a geek. When she showed me the coat that she liked, my exact comment was , "Oh Its a Coat". I didn't even know there were different types of coats. It's got a hood and stuff. It's also $320...three hundred and twenty fecking bucks! Apparently others aren't stylish enough though.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Yeah 320 for something that you use for one winter haha. My moms the same way ha about a million purses in her closet most of which are stupidly expensive...

Especially for a bag you put **** in, being a dude is easy cause ill just get a 3 buck backpack off eBay and be set until it falls apart in a few years. Although idk about you but I'd say I spend a good amount on my body for this sport of bodybuilding lol so I guess women could always call us out on that

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. My perception of coolness has been called into question by a member of the opposite sex.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Just tell her the coat doesn't make the man cool but the man makes the coat cool. Then put on shades, holster your pistol as you slide jump into your muscle car and drive off into the sunset.

Nothing cooler that that. Maybe some explosions for added impact

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Who gives a damn...
I'd never wear non name brand shoes, well I take that back I actually spend pretty decent money on clothes... But now a days it sup t shirts and Nike running pants/shoes. :D

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depends on the material and quality. If it's going to last a decade, then it's worth it.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. My perception of coolness has been called into question by a member of the opposite sex.
And apparently said member of the opposite sex is a b*tch. Leave her be.

Depends on the material and quality. If it's going to last a decade, then it's worth it.
I have had coats this expensive in the past, and they have ALL lasted for many many years. I had a black leather trench coat that was $350, and I had it for about 10 yrs before I finally got rid of it. Nowadays, I don't care about style. I care about function. If I'm going to spend that much on a stupid coat, it's going to be primarily as riding protection while I'm on the bike. No way the average person needs kevlar elbow pads, though.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
QFT, used to buy cheap, maybe $100 dollar winter coats. End of the year they were done for, now spend more for quality and what do ya know, lasts forever! End up saving money in the long run buying quality.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
QFT, used to buy cheap, maybe $100 dollar winter coats. End of the year they were done for, now spend more for quality and what do ya know, lasts forever! End up saving money in the long run buying quality.
Leather
Leather
Leather

Can't beat leather. Wind protection. Rain protection. Warm. That "new leather" smell.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I bought a $200 topcoat my freshman year at university. It lasted all four years there and is still in great shape another ~5yr post graduation, but it got too small in my arms and shoulders. So I gave it to my little brother, who will himself soon be departing for college. Investing in quality items really makes a difference.However, OP, you are under no obligation to do as that chick wants. If you don't want to spend $320, don't.

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
If I liked it, I wouldn't think twice about buying it.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards

I've gone with a resounding no, but I am meeting some kind of inexplicable resistance to this verdict. This woman I am chatting with seems to think I am some prehistoric caveman or something.

Worse...she's not even my missus. Just a friend. Apparently my $25 jacket just doesn't cut it in today's fashion sensitive world.

She's also seen fit to inform me that I'm a geek. When she showed me the coat that she liked, my exact comment was , "Oh Its a Coat". I didn't even know there were different types of coats. It's got a hood and stuff. It's also $320...three hundred and twenty fecking bucks! Apparently others aren't stylish enough though.

What brand coat?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

Just to the first question...I bought 2 coats last year , a Guess coat and an Armani coat around that price tag each because I needed something for the Parisian cold weather in december...Worth every penny, looked awesome and felt good!

It IS acceptable for a man to pamper himself from time to time with elegant and refined couture :D! I would say it is most needed in this generation actually...I might pick myself another new coat for this Winter Break trip with le parents.

The thing it my brother, you are a bit unconcerned with your exterior (not physique but clothes I mean)...some of us do like the Exterior Standards upheld to a maximum level :D! Just find a chick which is more carefree and don't bother with her if you are not into it haha...you cannot and should not change who you are for a girl. If she is just a friend just tell her to accept you for who you are...if however you would like to learn some fashion and style heed some tips from her.

I find it fascinating when I can find a nice coat/shirt/blazer that is sold in America that will be tight around the waist, broad for my back and with a nice "fall" from the bottom , or nice shape for the shoulders...heck let alone that, some nice fabric or colors!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 2