had to put dog down today

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
My american bulldog turned 10 a week ago and had to put him down today due to heart issues. Needless to say im a mess today. Luckily my wife was there to make the final decision because i couldnt have

demolition

demolition

Awards
My american bulldog turned 10 a week ago and had to put him down today due to heart issues. Needless to say im a mess today. Luckily my wife was there to make the final decision because i couldnt have
I have a 8 year old pit, rott, boxer that had acl surgery a year ago, anyway I took her to the vet yesterday because she couldn't move without crying. They said she is developing arthritis in her lower back and may have a pinched nerve, she was crying all last night and it was killing me I raised her from a pup. The meds from the doc help but it sucks, my GF keeps saying **** like " be prepared to put her down" and **** like that and it does nothing but pisses me off. So I know how you feel sorry man. It's hard to watch them go even for us tough guys.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
My heart goes out to you.
All the animals I've had in my life have been like family.
I also prefer the company of animals to a lot of people.
I'm a big beleaver in pet aversion therapy.
If you are unfamiliar with the term.
It's when you get a new pet immediately, giving you something to bond with and take care of.
I'm truly sorry for your loss.
Peace

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. Im also big on quickly getting a new dog. My wife not so much. Id get one tommorow if it were up to me. But i think ill wait ril i stop crying

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was out walking my dogs when one of them ( the one that never needed a leash) saw a rabbit as a truck was coming. You can guess what happened. Didn't kill her but it messed her up pretty bad. She ran over to me and laid down. My dad's house was only a 1/4 mile away so I called him and had him bring his gun. I had had her from a puppy and she was 8. That was 2 years ago and I'm still getting choked up a little. Hardest thing I had to do for sure! From then on, my other two (pits) are ALWAYS on leashes whenever I take them anywhere. Sorry for your loss!!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks. Im also big on quickly getting a new dog. My wife not so much. Id get one tommorow if it were up to me. But i think ill wait ril i stop crying
Heard a poll that said the movie that made most guys cry was " Marley and Me". Not afraid to admit that it made me tear up. Good movie but I'm not watching it again!

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Feel for you man... I've been through it twice & it doesn't get easier... I got a new dog within days or at most weeks afterwards to help fill the void... It doesn't replace, but it helps a lot...

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
U guys on this board are the best

purelife2

purelife2

Awards
i feel for you.....i have a 2 year old yorkie and shes my world....if something ever happens to her i dont know what i would do

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
man im so sorry to hear that, RIP to your best friend

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3 of my 4 dogs are 12 now, and starting to show their age a little. I'm not looking forwards to what is going to happen at all.

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
One of the hardest things to do in life. Wouldnt wish it on my worse enemy. They are the only things on earth that loves you more than they do theirselves

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

just did this last tuesday, put my Cattle Dog to sleep after 12 years+. Felt terrible the next day, we have another dog thats 10 now, but he is healthy as can be.