Thinking of starting a website..Help please

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking of starting a website related to bodybuilding, sports, and all forms of exercise and how they relate to the body. I'm an Exercise Physiology student and think this would be a great idea.

I know nothing about how much this would cost (the main factor) or how to go about doing it. Any of you computer nerds know? Thank you in advance. :thumbsup:

size

Awards
  • Established
I am not trying to discourage you, but there are too many (my opinion) message boards and many of them struggle to stay afloat or in the black. Knowing this, you need to ask yourself if you are willing to invest the time and money into a project with a high potential for failure/loss that has little possibility of a return on investment.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am not trying to discourage you, but there are too many (my opinion) message boards and many of them struggle to stay afloat or in the black. Knowing this, you need to ask yourself if you are willing to invest the time and money into a project with a high potential for failure/loss that has little possibility of a return on investment.

Not a message board. Actually it would be the exact opposite. I'm thinking about doing a site about sports (bodybuilding included), diet and exercise that gives factual information from research studies and/or those with PHDs in the field. As a college student, this is not just a hobby for me and I take this very seriously. I feel that part of my job should be to crush some of the myths that are out there about exercise and diet.

I would actually probably get some help from my college professors and my particular group of classmates, all whom I consider to be very knowledgable.