Circumcision - To Circumcise or Not To Circumcise?

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. How is it harder to flap it if ur circumsized that's dumb. And I.last longer than ten minutes.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MightyBeast View Post
    How is it harder to flap it if ur circumsized that's dumb.
    Some men who are cut report getting chaffed on the head/tip (the glands) if they use their bare hand without any form of lubrication. This won't deter them from masturbating alltogether, but it can effect the frequency and multitude of masturbations during the same time-frame..

Un-cut guys don't have this problem. The foreskin covers and protects the glands from the roughness of one's palm. The foreskin is actually a protective membrane that contains thousands of nerve endings which add sensation and increase stimulation, making it more pleasurable and more akin to the human vagina which is also a membrane.

Think of human lips. On the inside of your mouth, your lips, also a membrane, are much softer and hence more sensitive, likewise the penis glands have more sensation to them when they are constantly covered and not exposed to coarse clothing and a bare hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBeast View Post
    And I.last longer than ten minutes.
    So do I, much longer infact, The difference is no one who's natural is making the claim that if they last longer it's because they 're uncut, it's cut guys who proclaim their bedroom-proficiency because of the fact that they 're cut.

Personally I doubt it makes any discernible difference. It's up to the person, how healthy he is, how experienced, how excited and how much self-control he can exercise during sex.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by mls51112
    well whoever turns down giving oral due to foreskin is obviously a stuck up b*tch.. a real woman wouldn't care, assuming it was somebody she liked or cared for.. I'm American and it wouldn't bother me one bit if my husband wasn't "cut", but he is..

a lot of women these days aren't having their sons circumcised.. because it is a cosmetic procedure.

while you're at it, why don't you slice off your daughter's labia.. it's the same concept.. unnecessary torture to somebody who has no say.

That's a bit much. Are we really at the point where we're comparing circumcision to torture? Really?

4. Quote Originally Posted by JayStang View Post
    That's a bit much. Are we really at the point where we're comparing circumcision to torture? Really?
    Obviously the end result and the intent aren't the same, but the procedure is similar in nature in that it involves modifying a healthy part of an unconsenting person's body without a medical necessity.

You could make a much stronger case for removing a testicle from newborn boys than their foreskin. Testicular cancer is one of the most common forms of all cancer and depending on it's detection it can ultimately lead to death. I'm unaware of any foreskin complication that would elad to death in a developed country.

Removing a testicle at a young age can be justified in the exact same wasy circumcision is;
    1) the kids won't remember it
    2) they won't miss the testcile since they never knew they had an extra one
    3) it effectively decreases cancer risk by 50%
    4) other boys will also be like that so he will fit in

And so on...

But I think it would be wrong to do so. A person shoudl choose for themselves which parts of their own body they are willing to forego in order to protect themselves and prevent possible medical issues. Others imposing it on you is my greatest objection to the practise.
  5. Unbreakable

The twenty-something wisdom is strong in here.
    All my life I've never stopped to worry 'bout a thing,
    Open up and shout it out, an' never try to sing,
    Wondering if I've done it wrong,
    Will this depression last for long, wont you tell me,
    Where have all the good times gone.
    •   

6. glad I'm not the only one Hyperion.. I'm out of here before it gets too heated!
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -

7. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Glad someone else see's this.

So much life experience.

Glad we can make factual statements without any real proof.

And seriously Hyper... removing the testicles is a better idea. Your argument just went out the window. Last time I checked the foreskin didn't serve up critical hormones to a males development. Maybe something special has happened in this new hipster world I missed.

And mls, check back into your biology class for a bit. Severed nerves just don't magically grow back because you are stretching on your junk.

I too have chalked up a lot of this thread to just not knowing better, but serve up some facts and studies if you are going to make such statements. Essentially telling a dad to read up on foreskin restoration for his kid is absurd. That is torturous. Considering a newborns nervous system is so immature that the pain is seldom felt, now you want someone to have em tugging on their kids junk? Where is the logic.
    The Historic PES Legend

8. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    As opposed to middle-aged wisdom comprised exclusively of sarcastic quips without any substantive argumentation.

I have been nothing but civil towards people on this thread in the hopes that we could have a meanigfull discussion, and in return people have been rude, arrogant, dismissive without argument and plain old patronising, as if being 20 years older than someone automatically makes you right on what is a moral issue, or at least is from my point of view and the stand-point from which I'm arguing from.

I'm out. Rest easy in knowing you can make a dissenting opinion go away by being discourteous and resorting to ad hominem attacks.

9. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    And seriously Hyper... removing the testicles is a better idea. Your argument just went out the window.
    Nice attempt at a straw-man argument. I specifically stated that I find both ideas wrong and ill-advised, the point is, if you even bothered to actually understand what I wrote, is that from a MEDICAL stand-point in the prevention of a high-risk form of cancer, orchidectomy would be no-more illogical than circumcision when it comes to preventing foreskin ailments.

10. I never said to restore your son's foreskin.. I said that circumcised men have been doing it.. maybe you should thoroughly read posts before replying.

I'm no expert, but I am a mother.. which puts me halfway there ;] we all know what's best for our own children.. and I will leave it at that.
  11. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    As opposed to middle-aged wisdom comprised exclusively of sarcastic quips without any substantive argumentation.

I have been nothing but civil towards people on this thread in the hopes that we could have a meanigfull discussion, and in return people have been rude, arrogant, dismissive without argument and plain old patronising, as if being 20 years older than someone automatically makes you right on what is a moral issue, or at least is from my point of view and the stand-point from which I'm arguing from.

I'm out. Rest easy in knowing you can make a dissenting opinion go away by being discourteous and resorting to ad hominem attacks.
    Easy fella! Exclusively sarcastic quips? Who said I was right? I didn't even present a view, substantive or not, one way or the other.

We have a 20yo girl speaking as an authority on the penis and all of it's virtues.

Now you get your panties in a wad because a choice that you disagree with has been exercised by some.

How about the choice of infant/toddler piercings? How about a 20yo girls right to chose to get an abortion (killing an unborn [child] without it's consent)? Shall we talk more about moral?

Relax. Don't take yourself so seriously. I don't, nor should you, me.
  12. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by mls51112 View Post
    I'm no expert, but I am a mother.. which puts me halfway there ;] we all know what's best for our own children.. and I will leave it at that.
    LOL! Get back to me in 10, 15, 20yrs when you recognize that you knew very little about whats best (for anything in general) for children and recognize your mistakes and how wrong you were about a plethora of things about parenting. Not intended to be an insult but a little humility goes a long way.

13. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn
    LOL! Get back to me in 10, 15, 20yrs when you recognize that you knew very little about whats best (for anything in general) for children and recognize your mistakes and how wrong you were about a plethora of things about parenting. Not intended to be an insult but a little humility goes a long way.
    my son will thank me later.. I'm happy with my "decision" to let him make his own choices :]
  14. Unbreakable

That's the humility of a 20yo mother. Your son will regret (some) of the choices he was free to make and will resent you for not protecting him from himself (which is part of your job as a parent) after he regrets them for himself. But clearly you know better as the Happy Mom.

15. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn
    That's the humility of a 20yo mother. Your son will regret (some) of the choices he was free to make and will resent you for not protecting him from himself (which is part of your job as a parent) after he regrets them for himself. But clearly you know better as the Happy Mom.
    No point in beating a dead horse, haha.

16. I say if its a child wait until its old enough to make its own decision or for medical reasons its better eg. (Only one I can think of lol) Tight Foreskin that hasn't improved with steroid-cream.

I'm not circumcised and I wouldn't have my child circumcised after birth.

Nothing to argue about now eh ?

17. Quote Originally Posted by mls51112 View Post
    You are new to the game. You will find you don't know ****. The whole point is to not screw your kid up too much and make them useful to society as an adult.
    The Historic PES Legend

18. Lighten up square pants... you are on the internet.

The Historic PES Legend

19. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982

You are new to the game. You will find you don't know ****. The whole point is to not screw your kid up too much and make them useful to society as an adult.
    I'm not screwing my kid up by leaving him intact??

20. Quote Originally Posted by mls51112 View Post
    I'm not screwing my kid up by leaving him intact??
    You must have grammatical errors, because your statement imply s you are screwing him up for not getting him cut.

You seem to have a hard time comprehending someone being facetious.

And stroke, I would have responded to your post.. but for God sakes, it is unreadable, add some punctuation or something if you are fishing for a response.
    The Historic PES Legend

21. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982

You must have grammatical errors, because your statement imply s you are screwing him up for not getting him cut.

And stroke, I would have responded to your post.. but for God sakes, it is unreadable, add some punctuation or something if you are fishing for a response.
    uh.. okay then.

22. Since there are quite of few "Facts" being stated here without no one backing themselves up with data, here are a few interesting real studies out there about circumcision.

HIV (and HPV)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22984308
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ct&holding=npg
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22797745

Ironic the rest of the world is growing in circumcision:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22968397

Specific benefits from male circumcision were identified for the prevention of urinary tract infections, acquisition of HIV, transmission of some sexually transmitted infections, and penile cancer.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2...ct&holding=npg
    http://www.nature.com/news/doctors-b...cision-1.11296

The world isn't as black and white as people are making it out to be. In fact I looked up the rates of complications and general cut site care problems is less than 2%, all of which are treatable. The extreme problems stated came up with nothing, other than ol Joe Schmoe's blogs.
    The Historic PES Legend

23. FWIW, and I know this isn't a terribly great argument for circumcision, but if you had complications down the road that would necessitate a circumcision well after birth, like when you're 12, it's going to be extremely painful for a long time. I would have rather gotten mine when I was a kid and couldn't really experience it.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html

24. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post

Why are you on this forum ? *******. You need your ego stroked. Obviously not 30 or you have [email protected] syndrome

25. Quote Originally Posted by Stroke UR Ego View Post
    Why are you on this forum ? *******. You need your ego stroked. Obviously not 30 or you have [email protected] syndrome
    A little too quick with some homophobic slurs.
    The Historic PES Legend
  26. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Stroke UR Ego View Post
    Not cool. First and last warning.
  27. Unbreakable

But there isn't any evidence to suggest this. In fact, a quick google search shows that British men last the longest in bed (http://ezinearticles.com/?Study-Prov...Bed&id=3219952), and we have a relatively low rate of circumcision (less than 20% http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevale...s_than_20.25_4).

This study claims Brits last (on average) 10 minutes whereas Americans last 8, and the least proficient are actually Turks, a country which is overwhelmingly circumcised (they 're a Muslim country).
    I kind of chuckeled at this when I reread it.

I can't imagine how the women in Britian handle the 9 1/2 minutes of boredom

Consider procreation (survival/evolution of the species') and delayed ejaculation/orgasm. There was a time that if you didn't deliver the goods soon enough or first the ovulating female mate would be on to another and your lineage would be minimal to nill.

28. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    I kind of chuckeled at this when I reread it.

I can't imagine how the women in Britian handle the 9 1/2 minutes of boredom

Consider procreation (survival/evolution of the species') and delayed ejaculation/orgasm. There was a time that if you didn't deliver the goods soon enough or first the ovulating female mate would be on to another and your lineage would be minimal to nill.
    So Real Men have Premature ejaculation!!LOL

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

29. The true Alpha Male is a 2 pump chump...I wonder if the Alpha Crew knows about this!!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

30. A true alpha male can control when ti ejaculate.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. To Rub or not to Rub
    By Big Joe in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 01:09 PM
  2. To cheese or not to cheese?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 08:02 PM
  3. to extend or not to extend?
    By mauibuilt in forum Cycle Info