Circumcision - To Circumcise or Not To Circumcise?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    As opposed to middle-aged wisdom comprised exclusively of sarcastic quips without any substantive argumentation.

I have been nothing but civil towards people on this thread in the hopes that we could have a meanigfull discussion, and in return people have been rude, arrogant, dismissive without argument and plain old patronising, as if being 20 years older than someone automatically makes you right on what is a moral issue, or at least is from my point of view and the stand-point from which I'm arguing from.

I'm out. Rest easy in knowing you can make a dissenting opinion go away by being discourteous and resorting to ad hominem attacks.
    Easy fella! Exclusively sarcastic quips? Who said I was right? I didn't even present a view, substantive or not, one way or the other.

We have a 20yo girl speaking as an authority on the penis and all of it's virtues.

Now you get your panties in a wad because a choice that you disagree with has been exercised by some.

How about the choice of infant/toddler piercings? How about a 20yo girls right to chose to get an abortion (killing an unborn [child] without it's consent)? Shall we talk more about moral?

Relax. Don't take yourself so seriously. I don't, nor should you, me.

2. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mls51112 View Post
    I'm no expert, but I am a mother.. which puts me halfway there ;] we all know what's best for our own children.. and I will leave it at that.
    LOL! Get back to me in 10, 15, 20yrs when you recognize that you knew very little about whats best (for anything in general) for children and recognize your mistakes and how wrong you were about a plethora of things about parenting. Not intended to be an insult but a little humility goes a long way.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn
    LOL! Get back to me in 10, 15, 20yrs when you recognize that you knew very little about whats best (for anything in general) for children and recognize your mistakes and how wrong you were about a plethora of things about parenting. Not intended to be an insult but a little humility goes a long way.
    my son will thank me later.. I'm happy with my "decision" to let him make his own choices :]
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -
    •   

4. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

That's the humility of a 20yo mother. Your son will regret (some) of the choices he was free to make and will resent you for not protecting him from himself (which is part of your job as a parent) after he regrets them for himself. But clearly you know better as the Happy Mom.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn
    That's the humility of a 20yo mother. Your son will regret (some) of the choices he was free to make and will resent you for not protecting him from himself (which is part of your job as a parent) after he regrets them for himself. But clearly you know better as the Happy Mom.
    No point in beating a dead horse, haha.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I say if its a child wait until its old enough to make its own decision or for medical reasons its better eg. (Only one I can think of lol) Tight Foreskin that hasn't improved with steroid-cream.

I'm not circumcised and I wouldn't have my child circumcised after birth.

Nothing to argue about now eh ?
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I'm no expert, but I am a mother.. which puts me halfway there ;] we all know what's best for our own children.. and I will leave it at that.
    You are new to the game. You will find you don't know ****. The whole point is to not screw your kid up too much and make them useful to society as an adult.
    The Historic PES Legend
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Lighten up square pants... you are on the internet.

As opposed to middle-aged wisdom comprised exclusively of sarcastic quips without any substantive argumentation.

I have been nothing but civil towards people on this thread in the hopes that we could have a meanigfull discussion, and in return people have been rude, arrogant, dismissive without argument and plain old patronising, as if being 20 years older than someone automatically makes you right on what is a moral issue, or at least is from my point of view and the stand-point from which I'm arguing from.

I'm out. Rest easy in knowing you can make a dissenting opinion go away by being discourteous and resorting to ad hominem attacks.
    The Historic PES Legend
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982

You are new to the game. You will find you don't know ****. The whole point is to not screw your kid up too much and make them useful to society as an adult.
    I'm not screwing my kid up by leaving him intact??
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I'm not screwing my kid up by leaving him intact??
    You must have grammatical errors, because your statement imply s you are screwing him up for not getting him cut.

You seem to have a hard time comprehending someone being facetious.

And stroke, I would have responded to your post.. but for God sakes, it is unreadable, add some punctuation or something if you are fishing for a response.
    The Historic PES Legend
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

You must have grammatical errors, because your statement imply s you are screwing him up for not getting him cut.

And stroke, I would have responded to your post.. but for God sakes, it is unreadable, add some punctuation or something if you are fishing for a response.
    uh.. okay then.
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Since there are quite of few "Facts" being stated here without no one backing themselves up with data, here are a few interesting real studies out there about circumcision.

HIV (and HPV)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22984308
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ct&holding=npg
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22797745

Ironic the rest of the world is growing in circumcision:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22968397

Specific benefits from male circumcision were identified for the prevention of urinary tract infections, acquisition of HIV, transmission of some sexually transmitted infections, and penile cancer.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2...ct&holding=npg
    http://www.nature.com/news/doctors-b...cision-1.11296

The world isn't as black and white as people are making it out to be. In fact I looked up the rates of complications and general cut site care problems is less than 2%, all of which are treatable. The extreme problems stated came up with nothing, other than ol Joe Schmoe's blogs.
    The Historic PES Legend
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

FWIW, and I know this isn't a terribly great argument for circumcision, but if you had complications down the road that would necessitate a circumcision well after birth, like when you're 12, it's going to be extremely painful for a long time. I would have rather gotten mine when I was a kid and couldn't really experience it.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post

Why are you on this forum ? *******. You need your ego stroked. Obviously not 30 or you have ph@ggot syndrome
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Stroke UR Ego View Post
    Why are you on this forum ? *******. You need your ego stroked. Obviously not 30 or you have ph@ggot syndrome
    A little too quick with some homophobic slurs.
    The Historic PES Legend
  16. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Stroke UR Ego View Post
    Not cool. First and last warning.
  17. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

But there isn't any evidence to suggest this. In fact, a quick google search shows that British men last the longest in bed (http://ezinearticles.com/?Study-Prov...Bed&id=3219952), and we have a relatively low rate of circumcision (less than 20% http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevale...s_than_20.25_4).

This study claims Brits last (on average) 10 minutes whereas Americans last 8, and the least proficient are actually Turks, a country which is overwhelmingly circumcised (they 're a Muslim country).
    I kind of chuckeled at this when I reread it.

I can't imagine how the women in Britian handle the 9 1/2 minutes of boredom

Consider procreation (survival/evolution of the species') and delayed ejaculation/orgasm. There was a time that if you didn't deliver the goods soon enough or first the ovulating female mate would be on to another and your lineage would be minimal to nill.
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    I kind of chuckeled at this when I reread it.

I can't imagine how the women in Britian handle the 9 1/2 minutes of boredom

Consider procreation (survival/evolution of the species') and delayed ejaculation/orgasm. There was a time that if you didn't deliver the goods soon enough or first the ovulating female mate would be on to another and your lineage would be minimal to nill.
    So Real Men have Premature ejaculation!!LOL

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
  19. Registered User
    Answers

The true Alpha Male is a 2 pump chump...I wonder if the Alpha Crew knows about this!!

20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Answers

A true alpha male can control when ti ejaculate.
  21. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    A little too quick with some homophobic slurs.
    http://i.imgur.com/cDIFz.png
  22. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBeast View Post
    A true alpha male can control when ti ejaculate.
    A TRUE alpha male doesn't care!

BTW - do you know what it take to make a woman have an orgasm?
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

hahah. this is getting quite entertaining.
  24. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

BTW - do you know what it take to make a woman have an orgasm?
    A TRUE alpha male doesn't care!

It was a joke and a TRUE alpha male would have know that
  25. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

I'll reopen this but the innapropriate graphic stuff needs to be kept out of here please. I am by NO means a prude but I do have a reputation and a board to keep clean.

Thanks for understanding.

Back on topic!
  26. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  27. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    If it makes any difference, I am getting my hair cut tomorrow.
    Well, last night I was able to get my hair cut (no need to worry - it will grow back). Best of all, I was able to do so without calling anyone names or being an internet tough guy. Glad thats over.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

I must have missed something.

anyways.. my dad was circumcised in his 30's and hated it.. a little personal so he didn't go into details with me, but he said my son would thank me later for leaving him intact.

I chose to leave him the way God made him, and after getting personal opinions from men and doing 7 months of research during my pregnancy, I decided to let him be.. and I couldn't have a happier, healthier baby.. and that tells me I made the right choice :]

the right choice for me might not be the right choice for you, but it's not your choice to make, it's your sons.

anybody here who isn't circumcised mad at their parents or have a dull love life because of it? do you all have HIV and dirty penises? does it take extra time to be hygienic?
  29. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I'm thankful my mother didn't have me cut, sliced... diced, slit, trimmed... shaved lol wat. But I would rather stay uncut than get circumcised. IMO I think these "advantages" are too insignificant to get cut now anyway

I doubt I'd get HIV as-well.
    Doesn't take extra time to be hygienic^Love life too isn't abnormal.

Only thing that would make me think second of having my child/ren cut is loss of sensitivity
  30. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

I must have missed something.

anyways.. my dad was circumcised in his 30's and hated it.. a little personal so he didn't go into details with me, but he said my son would thank me later for leaving him intact.

I chose to leave him the way God made him, and after getting personal opinions from men and doing 7 months of research during my pregnancy, I decided to let him be.. and I couldn't have a happier, healthier baby.. and that tells me I made the right choice :]

the right choice for me might not be the right choice for you, but it's not your choice to make, it's your sons.

anybody here who isn't circumcised mad at their parents or have a dull love life because of it? do you all have HIV and dirty penises? does it take extra time to be hygienic?
    Clearly only those who would be crazy enough to choose to do it later in life (or had to for health reasons) would know the difference. I am circumcised and I promise you I am missing nothing aside from a foreskin. Any man who tells you differently is either obsessed with his penis or is obsessed with physical sexual gratification/pleasure. I hate to break it to you, but the intimacy and pleasure of true love making goes light years beyond the physical pleasure with or without foreskin.

I also hate to break it to you but your baby doesn't know or care if he is or is not circumcised and his happiness today has absolutely zero to do with the presence of his foreskin...you do know that...right? So, let's not get so carried away with the boasting and taking so much credit for your baby's happiness as a result of your choice to not remove his foreskin.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

why are you so defensive about it? does foreskin make you angry? if you know in your heart that amputating half of a newborn's penis is the right choice, then you wouldn't be so hostile about it..
  32. Registered User
    Answers

why are you so defensive about it? does foreskin make you angry? if you know in your heart that amputating half of a newborn's penis is the right choice, then you wouldn't be so hostile about it..
    Err, not quite sure the math actually works out that way; but if so, they took too much dingus off of your son.

BTW - Although it wasn't directed at me - I am not angry - just amused.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

I didn't let them take anything off of him :] ever seen a botched circ? haha.

http://www.circumstitions.com/Botched1.html
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Clearly only those who would be crazy enough to choose to do it later in life (or had to for health reasons) would know the difference. I am circumcised and I promise you I am missing nothing aside from a foreskin. Any man who tells you differently is either obsessed with his penis or is obsessed with physical sexual gratification/pleasure. I hate to break it to you, but the intimacy and pleasure of true love making goes light years beyond the physical pleasure with or without foreskin.

I also hate to break it to you but your baby doesn't know or care if he is or is not circumcised and his happiness today has absolutely zero to do with the presence of his foreskin...you do know that...right? So, let's not get so carried away with the boasting and taking so much credit for your baby's happiness as a result of your choice to not remove his foreskin.
    Whats wrong with wanting physical pleasure? I myself am angry I was circumcised knowing it takes away pleasure. Think about it this way, would you even want to make love if you couldn't feel your penis at all? Wanting to increase the sensation doesn't make someone obsessed.
  35. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I didn't let them take anything off of him :] ever seen a botched circ? haha.

http://www.circumstitions.com/Botched1.html
    I don't understand why you find that funny.
    The Historic PES Legend
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

I don't understand why you find that funny.
    because pro-circ people ignore these things.
  37. Registered User
    Answers

because pro-circ people ignore these things.
    I must be unsusual; I don't find tragic events (however caused) to be the least bit funny.

I guess thats just me ....
  38. Registered User
    Answers

It's still not funny

39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I feel plenty of pleasure.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Answers

I didn't think THAT was funny, just the whole "debate" about it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. To Rub or not to Rub
    By Big Joe in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 12:09 PM
  2. To cheese or not to cheese?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 07:02 PM