strength training for dogs

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a 7 mo old pit. shes about 40 pounds rt now. I walk her in the morning and run her at night. Feed her Diamond Naturals no soy, no corn. I was having her pull this bucket and run but she just does it with ease. Then i filled a gallon of milk up with water and had her run with that and that seemed perfect for her. Struggle was evident, but could still do it. Well within 5 min the jug was torn up and water started to leak. You think if i tapped it all around it would prevent that or do you guys have a better option of what i can do? I have a tire, but its too heavy for her right now. the gallon of water seemed perfect. Thanks.

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
Start with better food, i don't trust diamond

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cause of the recall? Nah man naturals is decent. Sure not the best but I don't have a Cosco in my area and the feed store doesn't have any of the really good foods. Been feeding diamond naturals to my golden retriever for years. She lived to be 13

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i didnt even think of that. hows the shipping price?

so ive been reading online cause this is my first pit and they are different than other dogs and i shouldnt be weight training her till shes ALOT older. but they did say to get a spring rope thing. you have any advice on whats the cheapest place to get it? i know i could probably make one from home depot... any advice on how to train her? i run with her, no hills in walking distance. i take her to the dog park once a week and have her run till she passes out. hard to do this while in nursing school thats why im trying to find things i can do at home

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Amazon prime free shipping. My Pit did very very poor with the naturals line. I like taste of the wild salmon flavor or any of the merrick before grain dry foods.

I just fenced my back yard in for the dogs and they play for hours. He is getting more fit and muscluar by the day. Hrs almost a year and 70 lbs. Had to up his food though with all the calories he spends chasing my beagle. I play a lot of tug outside with him. I can do 1 arm rows with him for a while and we both get a little work out!

madseeker

madseeker

Awards
Yo bro i hust have to jump in here ; i had a pit before she was perfectly healthy and was on raw food !! Perfect coat , great energy , very happy , very low health issue than got old and passed away :( i got my english bulldog and i feed him raw as i am extremly against kibble ! The only thing is the cost but if you manage to find the liver organs and bones than mixing them in a good ratio it should be all good , and one tb spoon or two of flax seed oil and spme glucosamine mixed to his food and a multi a day theyl be in super health i promise

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
At least go grain free, my German shepherd does great on it, several websites out there, free shipping usually over 50 bucks otherwise its like 5 bucks

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I would do raw foods if I could afford it but with 2 dogs who eat 6-8 cups dry food a day, it is just not going to happen. Both foods I recommended are grain free and reasonably priced.

madseeker

madseeker

Awards
There are ways to make raw food cheaper ... You can collect all the different parts and mix to the correct ratio , like get livers organs bones (bones might be hard to crush ... I would be happy to give you some usefull websites if you wish , about how to prepare , what ratio , what mind of parts are needed etc

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My cousin is a straight up redneck lol he refuses to feed his dog dog food...he has a sharpi mixed with a pit and feeds him deer meat year round and that dog is a muscular monster lol...living up north here in a cabin in the middle of the woods it's easy to get deer all year lol

madseeker

madseeker

Awards
My cousin is a straight up redneck lol he refuses to feed his dog dog food...he has a sharpi mixed with a pit and feeds him deer meat year round and that dog is a muscular monster lol...living up north here in a cabin in the middle of the woods it's easy to get deer all year lol
I wish i could do that :))

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sorry just saw all these responses.

It is grain free. I also feed her chicken and peanut butter daily. thanks guys. built a spring pole a while back as well