Halo 2

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Who's got it already? I picked my copy up this morning. Can't wait to give it a whirl.

BryanFury

Awards
I'm a decent way through it, maybe close to the end, no idea without a walkthrough...called in sick and midnight release. Holy crap I'm a dork.

Wonder if that is an option on that "why I lift" poll. "I lift because I am a dork."

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Just got it today. It freakin rocks! I've waited for this game forever. Ok I'm a big dork too!

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Yeah i picked it up this morning. Been playing it w/my room mate all day. Definately kicks ass.

BryanFury

Awards
Has anyone beaten much of the game on legendary yet? Friend and I are about to end it on heroic, have beaten normal already. Heroic unlocks a multiplayer map, was wondering if legendary does the same.

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
the game is kick ass thank god i pre ordered it i got to target yesterday and they were sold out ... mine was among the last 5 or so that they had reserved.... completed 2 boards so far... my 9 month old wont let me play for long...hahhahah

Xenocide

Awards
Halo 2 is a beautiful, wonderful thing.

Haven't played much of the campaign yet but I did play "slayer" and "oddball" for several hours last night. It was awesome. I high recommend the plasma sword as your short-range/melee weapon. And if you can come across two people going at each other in close, two swipes will get you a quick double-kill.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
And on the not so talked about 9th day, God reached down from heaven, touched the earth and in a booming voice said "Let there be Halo 2!." And so it was, and he saw that it was good. And dorks like myself everywhere rejoiced.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
i can't wait. i'll pick it up next thursday when i get paid; gotta love being a poor college student.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very. Sick. Game. :thumbsup:

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Has anybody else beaten the game? I just completed it on normal, and was pretty let down w/the finish. No where near as good a finish to the game as the first. Although they left it wide open for a third, which is good.

BryanFury

Awards
I've beaten it on normal, heroic, and soon to finish legendary, which takes about 4 hours a level. The ending came out of nowhere, and was a bit of a letdown. I'm hoping halo 3 is slated for a quick follow up. My idea is that they run it off the halo 2 engine, and just record new dialogue, cinematics, and build the new levels. I would think 6-12 months would be a doable release considering most of the coding would be finished. I want the story to be concluded. Its almost obvious where the Ark is and who the forerunners are/were. But as for the Gravemind...what the hell.

Its a great game though. Multiplayer is too good.

Edit--Like I said, I'm a dork.

scoher

Awards
I've beaten it on normal, heroic, and soon to finish legendary, which takes about 4 hours a level. The ending came out of nowhere, and was a bit of a letdown. I'm hoping halo 3 is slated for a quick follow up. My idea is that they run it off the halo 2 engine, and just record new dialogue, cinematics, and build the new levels. I would think 6-12 months would be a doable release considering most of the coding would be finished. I want the story to be concluded. Its almost obvious where the Ark is and who the forerunners are/were. But as for the Gravemind...what the hell.

Its a great game though. Multiplayer is too good.

Edit--Like I said, I'm a dork.
I've heard you'll either love or hate the ending. I'm not there yet, but so far I think the story is good, although not what I expected. I get the feeling Halo 3 might be a launch title for Xbox 2, whenever that comes out.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I'm missing something with this game. I played Halo about a year ago with 3 other people, and while it was somewhat fun I just didn't see the draw to it. I'll take my Rainbow Six or GTA games anyday.

BryanFury

Awards
Beat it on Legendary. Not going to spoil anything, but watch for a Halo 3 launch Feb. 9th...

SUPERMAN0383

Awards
Beat it on Legendary. Not going to spoil anything, but watch for a Halo 3 launch Feb. 9th...
Not anything special to me. Like bryan fury said it's just a setup for Halo 3, it's a first person shooter with a B movie plot line. It's success is due to the XBOX PC like platform and a great marketing effort. Still a good game a really good first person shooter but there are games on the XBOX just as good.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
List your XBOX LIVE Gamer Tags here if you have it and play HALO 2. We'll have to get an AnabolicMinds game going sometime.

Mine is XBALLS.