walkman issues for big arms

1. New Member
    Answers

Question walkman issues for big arms

I have a problem with my walkman. My arms are too big to wear it on my upper arm while I workout b/c the armband won't close. ATM I wear it on my forearm, but the wires get in the way a lot pulling the earpieces out of my ears. Is there a walkman or mp3 player out there that comes with a larger armband? If not, do you know which stores have larger armband accessories for walkmans? If I have to, I will buy a whole new walkman b/c I need my music to lift, but my ears are starting to take a beating here.

Thanks

2. New Member
    Answers

The way I do it is to run the headphone line under my shirt and put the player in a pocket.
  3. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BryanFury
    The way I do it is to run the headphone line under my shirt and put the player in a pocket.
    I've tried the hip clip, but I don't workout with shorts that have pockets and i knock it off my hip too often. Its more comfortable for me to have it on my arm IMO. Maybe its an ego thing too, but I really prefer having it on my arm. Makes me look bigger When I could wear it on my upper arm, I ran the wires inside my shirt too. Worked great, but with it on the forearm there is too much wire outside the shirt to run it up inside it and still do the job.
    •   

4. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by beachbrat79
    I've tried the hip clip, but I don't workout with shorts that have pockets and i knock it off my hip too often. Its more comfortable for me to have it on my arm IMO. Maybe its an ego thing too, but I really prefer having it on my arm. Makes me look bigger When I could wear it on my upper arm, I ran the wires inside my shirt too. Worked great, but with it on the forearm there is too much wire outside the shirt to run it up inside it and still do the job.
    Lots of duct tape?...

Seriously though, I've never seen larger bands for sale. Only option I can see would be to make your own.
  5. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BryanFury
    Lots of duct tape?...

Seriously though, I've never seen larger bands for sale. Only option I can see would be to make your own.
    that would take care of one area to keep shaved. I've seen some big guys with armbands that fit before. I guess I should have asked them when I had the chance. oh well
  6. Board Supporter
    Answers

Wear it on your schlong and run the wires up your shirt.
    Just don't adjust the volume or change stations often. People might look at you funny.
    dd
  7. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave
    Wear it on your schlong and run the wires up your shirt.
    Just don't adjust the volume or change stations often. People might look at you funny.
    dd
    once again the armband is too small

darnit! this started out as a serious question and see where ya'll have taken me?!? Has anyone ever seen somewhere to buy larger armbands? Or has anyone bought a walkman/mp3 player that has a nice large armband already on it so mine won't go flying off the second my arm flexes?
  8. Board Supporter
    Answers

go to a fabric store and get stretchable velcro straps and make it yourself.
  9. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Answers

what kind is it? i have a sony walkman that plays xtrac3 format on the minidiscs... i also have a sony-brand armband holder for it; and if you have arms THAT big, you might wanna get a smaller mp3 player and just put it in your pocket
  10. Board Sponsor
    Answers

I got a Sony that plays Atrac-3 format too, cool ****, aye?

Use a sweatband, like what you'd wear on your head.. When I had my MiniDisc, I jimmy'd my case with a Nike headband to fit my upper arm.. Takes some ingenuity, but it works..
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Answers

It doesn't have a clip for slipping it on the waist of your pants?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. good supps for big loads
    By BIGPHILL1984 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 243
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 07:19 PM
  2. Question for Big Varunga
    By jeep69 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-24-2006, 03:17 PM
  3. Whats Best for Lagging Arms
    By EricLee22 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 11:16 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 05:28 AM
  5. whats the VERY best lift for big 4arms?
    By CrAzyOttER in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 02:41 PM