I got this called SWIMMERS EAR, heeeeeeeeeeelp!

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
Any recomendations to cure swimmers ear? its so painful, i barely can sleep... i was on vacation a few days ago, and i spent a lot of time at the pool, now i regret :(

I went to the doctor and he prescribed me antibiotic, ear drops and a pain reliever.... but today i feel worse than yesterday, i want to get rid of pain ASAP!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just have to ride it out man. The best treatment is prevention, so the next time you decide to go swimming make sure you do a good ear cleansing routine and be sure to remove any trapped water in the ears immediately. That or buy ear plugs.

I use to get swimmers ear all the time as a kid, which resulted in a scarred ear drum. Not fun and partly to blame why I don't swim much anymore.

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
Just have to ride it out man. The best treatment is prevention, so the next time you decide to go swimming make sure you do a good ear cleansing routine and be sure to remove any trapped water in the ears immediately. That or buy ear plugs.

I use to get swimmers ear all the time as a kid, which resulted in a scarred ear drum. Not fun and partly to blame why I don't swim much anymore.
Thanks for your response bro, and yeah it sucks, my ear feels so swollen and i barely can hear from that side (left), i am desperate,, havent sleep well, i tried peroxide, neomycine, aspirins with coffee, oral antibiotics, another pain relief pills and still nothing. i swear that after this, i will think twice before going into the pool again... with all these symptoms i assure is not worth it. now that i think about it, if God wanted us to be in the water, he would put fins on us and made our ears immune to this fkn bacteria!, so no pool for me anymore, atleast not in a very looooong time.

coco2

Awards
omg are you getting any better now? I like swimming a lot too, it scares me to know what happened to your ear... I always think the chlorine in pool water can really kill the bacteria...
take care my friend and get well soon

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
omg are you getting any better now? I like swimming a lot too, it scares me to know what happened to your ear... I always think the chlorine in pool water can really kill the bacteria...
take care my friend and get well soon
Thanks for asking brah, yeah i am much better, but just went to the doctor a few hrs ago. he injected me 2 fkn vials of "i dont know what" that worked almost instantly, put me on corticosteroids, ear drops, and antibiotics, got an oppointment tomorrow, he'll do a cleanse to my ear, hope it doesnt hurt :(... the first doctor sucked so im glad i found this one today... so if you do swim, always wash your ear after, and if you can protect your ears while you are swimming, with those funny caps.... tbh honest i dont plan on swimming in a few years... 5 atleast LOL, to me it wasnt worth it and i regret. good luck if you swim ;) and take precautions

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks for asking brah, yeah i am much better, but just went to the doctor a few hrs ago. he injected me 2 fkn vials of "i dont know what" that worked almost instantly, put me on corticosteroids, ear drops, and antibiotics, got an oppointment tomorrow, he'll do a cleanse to my ear, hope it doesnt hurt :(... the first doctor sucked so im glad i found this one today... so if you do swim, always wash your ear after, and if you can protect your ears while you are swimming, with those funny caps.... tbh honest i dont plan on swimming in a few years... 5 atleast LOL, to me it wasnt worth it and i regret. good luck if you swim ;) and take precautions
Sounds like he hit you with some dexamethasone, good idea to kill the inflammation. Glad to hear your feeling better as well. A word of advice, wash your ears before and after you swim. Excess wax (we all have it) can trap water in the ear canal and enhance bacterial growth. A lite wax removal routine a day or so before you plan on being at the pool or going to the lake should help, nothing is certain though. Honestly, I just avoid it all together now.

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like he hit you with some dexamethasone, good idea to kill the inflammation. Glad to hear your feeling better as well. A word of advice, wash your ears before and after you swim. Excess wax (we all have it) can trap water in the ear canal and enhance bacterial growth. A lite wax removal routine a day or so before you plan on being at the pool or going to the lake should help, nothing is certain though. Honestly, I just avoid it all together now.
Thanks for the input bro, i am almost 100 better now, i was feeling awful. i even lost appetite, i felt weak, but now i start to ffeel hungry again, and i feel way better. i think i can do my daily activities now. swimmers ear is a terrible condition, everyone should take precautions, ive learned the lesson the hard way :(, but glad i learned. thanks for the tips bud, it really helped, and i am in the same club as you, i will avoid it for a while LOL.