NBC Olympic Coverage - have they lost their minds?

1. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

NBC Olympic Coverage - have they lost their minds?

It is there non-sport, non-Olympic exposes.

A divers coming out about his homosexuality. I am NOT anti-gay by any means. Ironically, my younger brother, who is gay, was a National Junior Olympic Diving Champion. Hate to say it but my gay-dar is pretty strong and I called it before they did their expose. Where is the heterosexual exposes. What is it about homosexuality that has to be forced upon us. Your sexual orientation (gay or straight) means NOTHING to me or anyone unless I am in a relationship with you. STOP it already!

This is prime-time coverage. I am watching this with my 10yo daughter. Hello!!! Not appropriate.

Then we go into the atrocities of WWII and Pearl Harbor. What in the world are these producers thinking.

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

The media likes to force things on the public. It will only continue. One must just ignore or change the channel
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.49%

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn
    It is there non-sport, non-Olympic exposes.

A divers coming out about his homosexuality. I am NOT anti-gay by any means. Ironically, my younger brother, who is gay, was a National Junior Olympic Diving Champion. Hate to say it but my gay-dar is pretty strong and I called it before they did their expose. Where is the heterosexual exposes. What is it about homosexuality that has to be forced upon us. Your sexual orientation (gay or straight) means NOTHING to me or anyone unless I am in a relationship with you. STOP it already!

This is prime-time coverage. I am watching this with my 10yo daughter. Hello!!! Not appropriate.

Then we go into the atrocities of WWII and Pearl Harbor. What in the world are these producers thinking.
    i agree with you one hundred percent. Im watching this to see the best of human athletics not about who someone likes. Gay or straight, it is unrelated so thus unneeded!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
    •   

4. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494 View Post
    The media likes to force things on the public. It will only continue. One must just ignore or change the channel
    That is too passive. This PC society and social correctness is the decline of our society and civilization.

I want to talk to the boss!
  5. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

This show is a disgrace IMHO. I have family who serve with their lives. They are making a reality game show about this life or death service. This crosses the line.

Stars Earn Stripes
  6. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Did you see the NBC Olympic commercial celebrating the female athletes "Bodies in Motion"?
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

7. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

I did now. That's just great...
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.78%

Emilie Heymans, the Canadian diver, I'm totally in love with that woman. Seriously...
  9. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

NBC was a failure on so many fronts. I stayed up late to watch it to see The Who...

Viewers outraged after NBC cuts away from Olympics closing ceremony

Additionally, I am not real happy that I could never see the competition perform on many individual events. They blew it big time IMO!
  10. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by southsideguy View Post
    Emilie Heymans, the Canadian diver, I'm totally in love with that woman. Seriously...
    She's buff.

Sorry, she's a pretty girl, but this was too funny to pass up. It's all in the camera angels.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    NBC was a failure on so many fronts. I stayed up late to watch it to see The Who...

Viewers outraged after NBC cuts away from Olympics closing ceremony

Additionally, I am not real happy that I could never see the competition perform on many individual events. They blew it big time IMO!
    Interesting. I watched the whole closing ceremony and never knew that there was more of it left.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

11. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.68%

I missed the whole Olympics :cry:
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.16%

This year's Olympic coverage was dreadful. I cannot agree more with the comments re PC. When did an athlete's sexual preference become newsworthy? I don't care. In fact, I would prefer not to know.

I worked at Disneyland in the late 70s/Early 80s. At that time MANY of the ride operators "came out of the closet". I didn't care about their sexual preferences then any more than they cared about mine. I just got tired of hearing about it; just as I would expect they would have become tired/bored if everything I spoke about was related to my heterosexuality.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ageforce Execs have lost their friggin minds!!!!!!!!!
    By taman6886 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 07:50 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 03:12 AM
  3. How many have actually USED their SERM for PCT?
    By waynaferd in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 04:57 PM
  4. Anyone else have to inject their friends?
    By HUEG in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 10:12 PM
  5. Have mono :( Lost a lot of strength & size.
    By MuscleBound1337 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 07:10 PM