Ronnie wins at 296lbs!!!!

• Thread starter ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
  • Start date

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

You read that right boy and girls, Ronnie gained another 10lbs and is 296 in BETTER codition than last year. He looked drier than last year and his stomach was improved. I dont know how it happend but he even beat Dexter Jackson in a abs and thigh shot during the posedown!!! I was surprised at some of the placings. Gunter should not be doing the Olympia plain and simple. He is just a pretty boy that sell magazines. Maybe he can be a Mens Health Champion but not in the Mr.Olympia. He got sixth. A gift. He lost to EVERYONE in the challenge round. Jay should have been 4th. He was bigger than at the Arnold of this year but he has peaked with 2001 being his best ever year (some guys never get one good year). Gustavo Badell was the suprise of the night by coming in 4 then in 3 after the challenge round. Cormier was 7th. Victor Martinez was thick with a light film of water and his waist looked a little blockier than last year. I predict he will be Mr.Olympia once Ronnie retires (or at least a top 5 threat). Dennis James was massive but could only get 8th. Darrem Charles looked phenomanol and was 10th. Great poser.
As a side note I was a little disappointed. Everyone seemed to be a little flat or a little watery. Everyone looked great but I thought most would be about 5%-10% better. When will Shawn Ray come back? Was it just me or did Kevin Leverone look like he had AIDS. I remember seeing a pic of him at the Weider offices and he looked the same. It is true that when he aint bodybuilding he just stops cause he was like 210lbs (which is his reported weight when he isn't competing). It is just surprising to see someone make drastic body changes everyear. The entire staff of reporters and press guys were very annoying (Leverone, some dick next to him, Triple H to a lesser degree.)
Ronnie looked like a freaking Jumbo Jet. I actually freaked out when I saw him. He is unstoppable :eek: He was tighter and bigger than last year. I predict he will be about 300 next year when he ties Haney. Ronnie made the funniest comment of the night when he responded, "Jay must have been smoking some crack!",in response that Jay thought that he would be the winner. Ronnie also said that he was gonna raid Cutler's home (Las Vegas) like America did Iraq. Cutler is very dry and bad at comebacks. Jay would call his poses like, "Lights out Lat spread". Dexter looked nervous when interviewed in front of Ronnie. Dex would say it was possible for him to win but he would admit he wouldn't and said,"Ronnis is....well....Ronnie is RONNIE!" or something to that effect. Richard "Magic" Jones had the freaking smallest waist in the show by far and had great back detail. Craig Richardson was also another athlete that had a freaking small waist. After the show I was in the mood to lift and Chew down DBOL's like they were Pez! But I know better! Look out for the pics of Ronnie, Dex (who looked bigger in the delts but it looked as if he didnt have enough Oil on), Martinez, and Badell. I'm Out.-

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
pics

jay imo, is never in as good as shape as the other top placers .
he should have made 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hes holding some water and a % or 2 of fat on his butt esp...

not to be picky

BS..

ronnie is a freak, dexter looks better.
alot more @ www.flexonline.com

Attachments

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Well, I thought Gunter looked fine. To me the biggest joke is Markus Ruhl. How they let him walk on stage with such obvious, badly done synthol use is beyond me. I predict his shoulders and traps will end up like Greg Valentino's arms.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
Well, I thought Gunter looked fine. To me the biggest joke is Markus Ruhl. How they let him walk on stage with such obvious, badly done synthol use is beyond me. I predict his shoulders and traps will end up like Greg Valentino's arms.

maybe in his shoulders????? maybe

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Yea Ruhl's use is kind of blatant in his shoulders and traps but my friend actually pointed out immediately the lumps in his biceps. If the ordinary kind can say,"Hey Mike, is that lump synthol", then yea its bad. My friend even said look at Ronnie's gyno. I thought Ruhl was large and well conditioned actually for Ruhl. I just saw no reason to have Gunter in front of Cormier, DJ,Victor Martinez, and Darrem Charles.

Edge

Awards
Check out Cormier's stomach vaccum while doing the front bicep pose. Great stuff in todays Gh swollen belly days!

bulkmuscle

Awards
ronnie only beat dexter in the abs because of politics. anyone with half a brain knows this.

size

Awards
  • Established
I like Ruhl. :D He takes it to the extreme which, to me, is what pro bbing now is all about. Gustavo has made great progress over the past few years and it is nice to see him getting more recognition.

Coleman is simply amazing. While I think his appearance is unpleasant and I would not want it, there is no denying his mass and conditioning.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
This is where I have to disagree Size. To me, using Synthol is not going to the extreme, it is taking the easy way out. If he wants to stretch the facia then he should rededicate himself to extreme stretching, not injecting oil. Hell, he obviously doesn't even know how to do that right.

BigBadBootyDady

Awards
Dexter got robbed. The challenge round was bullshit. It doesn't account for proportion or symetry, that's how Dex dropped to 4th. Baddel looked great but not nearly as good as Dexter who should have beat Jay. And the anouncers were annoying as ****. Levrone...........talked...............like......this with........long pauses.........between words. His cohost was like a 12yr old on speed. The challege round sucked cause even if 50 points separated 2 athletes it wouldn't matter and the guy could come from behind and win. I also thought Dareem should have been infront of Gunter (along with Martinez,Dennis James, and Cormier) Dareem made some big improvements. Although it was nice watching Gunter lose every challenge in the challenge round after all the gifts he got.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I like Ruhl. :D He takes it to the extreme which, to me, is what pro bbing now is all about. Gustavo has made great progress over the past few years and it is nice to see him getting more recognition.

Coleman is simply amazing. While I think his appearance is unpleasant and I would not want it, there is no denying his mass and conditioning.
I am totally with you on this. Ruhl has always been one of my favorites and what I aspire to get out of bodybuilding. He's always had enormous shoulders and traps, even as a teen, so I don't know if i believe he's using synthol. I think if he was gonna use it, he'd fix his (relatively) weak tris, but then again I could be completely wrong. Site injecting or esiclene maybe but who knows. Sometimes other compounds can make a muscle look funky. I mean look at Flex Wheeler- He's admitted to being one of the biggest abusers of synthol and you'd never know it because he was that good with the needle.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my friend actually pointed out immediately the lumps in his biceps
I am a big Ruhl fan, and I agree, this is the only area where I would think he may be pumping the MCT oils...I think the rest of his physique is freaky, yes, but not warranting synthol comments, based on the striations and overall look of his muscles (traps/shoulders). His biceps occasionally do have the "pumped from underneath" unnatural look, and don't exhibit some of the cuts that say, Ronnnie's do, but I really don't see him as a big synthol abuser....just my opinion.

I do think the scoring was bullshit. Look at Kelsey's photo posts...Jay was more than holding water and fat on his back shots...4th place would have been a gift.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
when a guy, while standing in a relaxed stance, who clearly has abs showing and razor sharp loses to a fat **** that has to suck in his tummy, just to have an attempt, to see his abs in an ab and tigh pose... you know the fix is in.

What a joke. waste of 30 bones!

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
I mean look at Flex Wheeler- He's admitted to being one of the biggesô abusers of synthol and`you'd never know it because he was that good with the needle.
I need a link , not that i dont believe you but i have heard otherwise, please, hook a brotha up....

Pro bodybuilding is a more expensive form of professional wrestling.

played out before it even begins....

badell just came in as good as he could and snuck up a few,
I like my boy DJ, and he has got the goods, but badell came in hard as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gave my boy a run, placed above him.
it was close between them that should have been your top three,
forget fatboy jay cutless, he needs to do some cardio, but then again, dont most of us. let him on a little "pro" secret we all learned from Bill philips, HMB will help you hold lean mass while you get CHISELED!!!!! tttthhhrrrgghhhhhhhhhhh

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
when a guy, while standing in a relaxed stance, who clearly has abs showing and razor sharp loses to a fat ****
I'm sorry but fat ****? I don't think that insult can be applied to even the last place contestant.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Considering who was on stage with him? Yep.. fat **** is a well deserved term in my books.

I paid 30 bones to watch that piece of **** win. The least he could have done was show up in GOOD contest shape. I'm sick of size "size matters" bullshit.

A

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I need a link , not that i dont believe you but i have heard otherwise, please, hook a brotha up....

Pro bodybuilding is a more expensive form of professional wrestling.

played out before it even begins....

badell just came in as good as he could and snuck up a few,
I like my boy DJ, and he has got the goods, but badell came in hard as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gave my boy a run, placed above him.
it was close between them that should have been your top three,
forget fatboy jay cutless, he needs to do some cardio, but then again, dont most of us. let him on a little "pro" secret we all learned from Bill philips, HMB will help you hold lean mass while you get CHISELED!!!!! tttthhhrrrgghhhhhhhhhhh
He talked about it a while back in MD. I'll see if I can find the exact issue. He talked about it in another interview somewhere else along with alot of his other drug use which actually shocked me. Alot of his former close friends have also dropped dimes on him, such as Cormier, on things such as his supposed car jacking ninja fight that kept him out of that one Olympia. Of course that's not from Flex's mouth but I never bought the fact that he fought off five guys with all the Jet Li moves like he said.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Considering who was on stage with him? Yep.. fat **** is a well deserved term in my books.

I paid 30 bones to watch that piece of **** win. The least he could have done was show up in GOOD contest shape. I'm sick of size "size matters" bullshit.

A
I understand that bodybuilding is a completely subjective sport but calling Ronnie a piece of **** or fat is a joke. He doesn't have just size, the guy is a complete freak. He may have been a little off in the abs, but was spot on everywhere else. On any of the boards I've been on I've heard VERY few people who think Ronnie shouldn't have won, but I've never heard anyone call him fat or a piece of ****. Dexter Jackson,(if that's who you're talking about) while being awesome with nearly no flaws just can't match Ronnie's size or impressiveness. Jay's close but was off. And size like it or not is a big part of bodybuilbuilding. That's why it's bodybuilding not "bodyshaping".

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Are you telling me, in the specific ab and thigh poses that Ronnie should have beat everyone BUT Cutler?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
it really really irritates me that ron beat dex in the abs posedown
dexter's abs are genetically amazing and were on point, ronnie just doesn't have the genetic abs to compete in that specific body part
had that been judged properly and dex giving the points, i don't think ronnie would have actually won .... i could be wrong about that though

i am a little biased as i love dexter, i'm not a big fan of the mass freaks, i like physiques that are pleasing to look at and symmetrical, ronnie just is not pleasing, i actually think jay cutler looked good aside from being a little wet,
i do realize, however, that size does and should matter as it is bodyBUILDING like jarhead pointed out
however i still think other components should be paid attention to moreso than they currently are

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree, it is called bodybuilding but bodybuilding includes not only just pure size but conditioning and balance too.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
Ronnie probably isnt going to live much longer anyway, I'm sure you'll start hearing about him having health problems just like Wheeler. Dexter did get robbed though, his conditioning was unmatched and he was balanced very well. Ronnie has less definition in his bloated legs compared to other on stage, his stomach is still pretty bad (even though it was better this year), and his calves still do not match his thighs.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Are you telling me, in the specific ab and thigh poses that Ronnie should have beat everyone BUT Cutler?
No, my bad, I thought you were talking about him winning the whole show. The ab and thigh thing is controversial to say the least. Dex has some of the best abs in bodybuilding and ronnies are wierd no doubt. But then in the thigh comparison of the pose ronnies quads are insane. I guess it depends on which part of the pose is the most important, the ab or thigh. That whole round does nothing but add more questions about the judging.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unless he cuts down on his bilk I don't see him living long enough to enjoy his winnings. That guy is just too damned massive.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No, my bad, I thought you were talking about him winning the whole show. The ab and thigh thing is controversial to say the least. Dex has some of the best abs in bodybuilding and ronnies are wierd no doubt. But then in the thigh comparison of the pose ronnies quads are insane. I guess it depends on which part of the pose is the most important, the ab or thigh. That whole round does nothing but add more questions about the judging.
Ok.. now we're getting some where :)

If the thigh part of it has equal importance with the abs, I'll agree Dex shouldn't have won that posedown. However, Gustavo CERTINALY had both down to a T. Better abs AND comparable thighs but he, too, lost to Coleman.

If Coleman loses either of those two ab/thigh posedowns then Cutler wins.

Oh, and I am not saying Cutler should have won either. He was soft and watery. In my opinion, Gustavo had the BEST overall package.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
You know what, Gustavo did look pretty damn good overall. I would place him as high as second. It's just so hard to beat ronnies freaky mass. But i understand how if someone's not a big mass fan the entire top 10 could look different. It's just so damn subjective and is pretty much based on judges own personal opinions. If possible, they almost need to somehow pick evenly divide judges based on their ideal physique, which I guess is pretty much impossible.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Frankly, I'd love to see a judges scorecard on each criteria they looked at to determine who "won" each physical attribute.

I don't mind the size at all. As long as it comes with conditioning and balance!

Ah well. $30 down the drain ;)

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
People over on IM Forums are screaming that Jay got robbed, and that's ridiculous.

BigBadBootyDady

Awards
Ok.. now we're getting some where :)

If the thigh part of it has equal importance with the abs, I'll agree Dex shouldn't have won that posedown. However, Gustavo CERTINALY had both down to a T. Better abs AND comparable thighs but he, too, lost to Coleman.

If Coleman loses either of those two ab/thigh posedowns then Cutler wins.

Oh, and I am not saying Cutler should have won either. He was soft and watery. In my opinion, Gustavo had the BEST overall package.
Come on now Ronnie's one thigh was the size of Gustavo. The whole challenge round was bullshit, just an easier way to screw non-wieder athletes. It throws symetry and proportion out the window so somebody like Dexter gets screwed. Besides it negates the points the athletes had going into it. I mean Ronnie was like 30 or 40 points away from jay going in and then he's only 1 point away cause of this stupid round.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
I live about 10 minutes away from Arlington, so I talk to a few people every now and then that go Ronnie's gym. I was told today that he had surgery on his stomach to make it smaller.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I live about 10 minutes away from Arlington, so I talk to a few people every now and then that go Ronnie's gym. I was told today that he had surgery on his stomach to make it smaller.
Whachoo talkin bout Willis?

size

Awards
  • Established
This is where I have to disagree Size. To me, using Synthol is not going to the extreme, it is taking the easy way out.
We can disagree :)

Actually, I am not convinced that he uses synthol. Reason being that why would he only use in his bis and not his tris?

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Don't know anything about a surgery, but one of the local competitors (Arlington) at my gym said he spoke with Ron a couple of weeks ago and said he looked phenomenal, and that he hadn't seen his conditioning this good ever.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Interesting, but it would have had to have been recent because I've seen pics of him in the last couple months with that monster belly. I don't think that he would have had time to take off and have surgery and recover.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if there is any truth to it, but that is what I was told. Afterall, his stomach was smaller

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I did think his stomach looked better this year. I don't know what kind of surgery he could have had though. Except massive organ removal!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, that would of had to of been cutting away some important ****. Not like liposuction. Talked with a buddy who watched the show and he was pissed too. He said gustavo looked well but he was more pissed that Gunther did not win one single pose off, none. :)

BigBadBootyDady

Awards
I don't know if there is any truth to it, but that is what I was told. Afterall, his stomach was smaller
His stomach looks smaller cause the rest of him keeps getting bigger.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
His stomach looks smaller cause the rest of him keeps getting bigger.
That's probably part of it. But I thought his abs looked better and a little closer together, like he put a lot of wrk into them this year.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
So lets say that he did have "stomach surgery" for a minute..

whats worse? synthol, or surgery???? same category IMO

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
I am really hoping Jay takes it finally or Dexter. It's like OK ronnie, you are a god, now retire.

BigSwede

Awards
its resumed, not exhumed
Thanks for the grammar lesson, Rufus[colloquiallism], but I meant exhumed as a metaphor. In the context of uncovering or "exhuming" a dead thread. Like when I refer to you as a "toolkit"... I don't mean you're literally a set of Snap-Ons. ;)

size

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the grammar lesson, Rufus[colloquiallism], but I meant exhumed as a metaphor. In the context of uncovering or "exhuming" a dead thread. Like when I refer to you as a "toolkit"... I don't mean you're literally a set of Snap-Ons. ;)
:lol:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I thought your figurative use of exhumed was quite effective. :D